User Tag List

eri
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

maybe...but i don't think they last long term...maybe over trivial and superficial things but when fundamental ideals and such are involved i don't think it is worth the time and effort..who wants to argue all their life because they enjoy a 'challenge'?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

yep opposites attract of course they do sometimes you see people in the mall that are complete opposites all the time so anything is possible

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

There can be opposites that clash (not good)
    There can be opposites in the sense that they compliment each other. One person has certain strengths, and the other person has other strengths that when brought together make for a good team.

I think a lot of the ones that clash could just as easily be the ones that compliment, but perhaps they just aren't good as a couple. Maybe their life priorities or focus aren't the same. Maybe their maturity levels or sense of respect isn't the same. who knows.

Opposites are good when they can agree to disagree with some maturity and still maintain a healthy level of respect for each other. It's nice to be able to give each other a healthy nudge once in a while. Love grows that way
    Last edited by anisa; Tue, Sep 2nd, 2008 at 08:22 PM. Reason: add on
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with anisa - my dh and I are so different in a lot of ways - but we seem to understand each other in other ways - and we don't argue all the time.

I have a friend who's husband loves to get me all riled up in arguments, and it's fun, but to live like that all the time would be emotionally draining, I think. I'll just keep it to friendly debates here SC, and the odd hot argument with bff's dh - while our spouses laugh at us in their easy going way...
    Wins ~ $339.50 for 2008

Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Mu hubby and I are opposites , we compliment each other quite nicely though!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Speaking as someone whos been with someone for 7 years almost who are pretty opposite I think I can say it works, in fact if we liked all the same things it would be pretty boring.

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

OMG after 20 years and we totally don't like the same thing except our car *LOL*
    we do sometimes think the same, but rarely.

eri
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I understand little day to day things but in all honesty I wouldn't like to be with someone who was politically, morally, religiously opposite to me...I am not talking about x liking country music while y prefers black sabbath...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hubby and I are quite opposite but do compliment each other most days
    We have been together for a long time and although not all of it has been peachy, we survived it because when it came down to the bottom line, we would work it out because of our mutual goal of commitment and love...

I agree with Sally about if we liked all of the same things it would be boring..

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Chad and I have different political views and different religious views.

maturity of the individual makes it so its not a fight, its sure disagreeable at times but even kraft dinner for supper can be that.

eri
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I don't think it's a question of maturity as much as a need to relax with someone whose company you enjoy...Ethical systems and politics are important to me and when I have spent a day out in the world faced with debates surrouding those types of questions I don't want to come home and deal with someone who thinks McCain is a great guy and that Stephen Harper is a 'stand up guy' ( - sorry, i just had to quote that commercial)

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

There important to me too, but I dont need to be married to a cookie cutter belief person

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    There important to me too, but I dont need to be married to a cookie cutter belief person
    Omg can you tell I was exhausted? It's not the most intelligent thing I've ever wrote.

Thread Information