User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DealFind Scam

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Expired on: Thu, Mar 22nd, 2012
    So last week I purchased 5 Dealfind Coupons (using both mine and the DH's accounts) for car cleaning here in St. John's, NL.
    It was a great deal! $40 for a $100 cleaning...
    Only problem is when I called the company this morning to make an appointment, they told me that they dont even do car cleaning!!! They install car stereos!!!
    When I called and asked, the person on the phone immediately said to me "call Dealfind and get a refund".
    Apparently the company caught wind of the deal as it was ongoing, but Dealfind refused to remove the coupons.
    I am going to call and demand a refund, but I just wanted to rant on here first because even with a refund, I am annoyed at this inconvenience..
    This thread is currently associated with: WIND Mobile
    LF: Dog treat coupons

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    273 (100%)

Thanks for sharing!

I have bought several things from them, but never used so far. Now I start worring them.
    Last edited by hcao; Wed, Feb 8th, 2012 at 11:54 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

i think dealfind is a joke. when you go use your certificate you have to pay tax, but when you buy any other deal site offer you dont. I once got an oil change package, so i still had to pay for the oil filter and the tax on top of that, so in the end it was hardly a good deal

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    62 (100%)

The exact same thing happened to me with WagJag. I bought lawn cutting services... to my surprise the company doesnt even cut lawn.. it cuts down trees though. I got a refund as soon as I called WagJag though.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

These deal sites have been around for quite awhile now, and most businesses on there are either desperate, new, shady, or just straight ghetto lol

Doing your homework on each company is definately essential before purchasing a voucher.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Also, most of those daily deal sites get a limit that they aer allowed to sell and they go way over the number they can sell.

Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also had bad experience, but I end up getting refund from dealfind after few communications!! so you can definitely ask for refund if you didn't like the services or you are not happy with the service provider!! Dealfind is I think subsidiary of Menupalace.com which is quiet known i think!

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

I've always used dealfind and wagjag and other group buying sites and i have never had a problem. The only times I've had to contact anyone is if my vouchers expire then I've gotten a refund on my account, and haven't had any hassle with that. Hopefully my experiences stay positive!
    Interesting in joining SuperPoints or SwagBucks?? Earn gift cards and rewards fast!
    PM me for you exclusive invites

Coupon Junkie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My sister bought a invalid coupon for flowers from a florist at .com but it turned out the florist said she couldn't come to a agreement for the deal and therefore called it off, but went on with it anyways and sold the coupons. They eventually gave a refund but seems like there are some communication problems with these group buy sites and the companies involved.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I bought a car detailing package too thru dealfind and the company first booked the appt 4 months from when I called and then went out of business. I called dealfind and got a refund no problem. I found the dealfind reps to be quite nice and responsive, and calling and emailing to follow up right away.

I also had some very nice experiences at spas and hair salons, yoga studios, and bowlerama thru dealfind deals.

So it's kind of a buyer beware situation. I don't think they check out the business and see what kind of volume they can handle or if they are at the brink of bankruptcy, so you have to kinda look up the business yourself before buying the deal. Sometimes these businesses regret offering deals (half of it goes to business and half to dealfind I think) and you don't get a very nice service. I got a rustproof deal, which I did end up getting but the staff was so rude and mean because I only wanted what I paid for, and not an 'upgrade'.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Where I work did one of these deal things once and the company went way over the limit too.. I have bought a few and have never had any problems yet. Groupon seems to be the best to buy from.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I use Groupon ALL the time!!! Probably bi-weekly I am buying something from them! Never had a problem!
    Its too bad that my first experience with Dealfind was not positive because it does impact future purchases..
    $40 to get your car detailed sounded too good to be true.. should have known.. hahahaa
    LF: Dog treat coupons

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Getting a refund through Dealfind is pretty easy, I bought 2 hair salon packages once but after seeing what they did to a co-worker's hair I promptly got a refund, they butchered her hair and she had to spend more money to get it fixed. They refunded her money as well.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Dayanara - Earn free stuff just for searching the web!

http://www.wagjag.com/?wid=66bba0e75...fbd07b4aef23ad - WagJag it up! Great deals at a fraction of the cost.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks for sharing ...
    Free Amazon Gift Cards ,Paypal and Prizes
    Spins & Wins I Earned $5000.00 ++
    Canadian online shopping website that pays you Cash Back Rebates

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ugh!! Let us know what happens. I think they are required to give you a refund because that is a bait and switch. I only get Groupon-like deals when I know I am going to use the deal right away (I hate those expiries)!!

I guess now it's a good idea to google the business first to see if they actually do what they say they do.

Those daily deal sites are totally buyer beware. Here's an article that gives a rundown of all the stuff you have to watch out for.

http://money.ca.msn.com/savings-debt...r-conditions-5

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information