User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok, guys what do you ahve, and how much do you love hate it.
    I need something with a fairly high usage - think teenagers and youtube. Currently they are banned from using it. but they are willing to pay the differnce between my reg bill and a high one. Bless them.
    how ever I am shopping around looking for deals. thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

i have rogers internet because I have rogers cable. I pay $60 a month for just my internet because I have netflix and watch an absolute ton of stuff. Do i like it? yeah it does the job, no connection issues. Its just expensive.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Try Techsavvy. They are local (Chatham) and a great price, we have home phone and internet through them for about $60-65. Internet is cable or DSL and a good speed and loads of gbs for downloading. They are changing the billing soon (right now it is unlimited download) still a better deal then anything rogers or bell can offer. Never had any issues, they rent the lines/signal from rogers so it's all the same. The best part is they are local and you are NOT in any contract and you aren't paying Rogers, who buy the way, makes something like $400 a second (yes that's four hundred), and can still get away with charging people hundreds of dollars for cable and internet!!!!

http://teksavvy.com/en/default.asp

Trading Score
    177 (100%)

Try Bell...they gave me a good deal (after sweet talking, back and forth, etc.)..I pay about $30 a month for 105 gb, no contract. I would love the unlimited with all the youtube watching I do but 105gb more than enough for me at the moment.
    Redeem $5 Amazon gift cards every week! Just SEARCH & WIN!
    Join Swagbucks:
    www.swagbucks.com/refer/julyprincess

Enow
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Start Communications.. local to london ... around $40 gets unlimited usage... have had no problems with the service.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

unfortunately i don't think it matters which company u r going to use.. each of them will have pros and cons. what some like others don't. what works for some doesnt' work for others. with limited selection its hard to find anything that makes everyone happy.
    we just signed with rogers after a 3 year hiatus.. and dealing back and forth for years with both rogers and bell. both of whom sucked us dry. unless your really good at working around loopholes and reading between the lines your bound to find yourself screwed if you want to leave or have an issue.. not too mention the hours i've lost on the phones with each of them. anyway im rambling. point is.. go see each of them.. tell them what you want. they'll give you the best 'deal' possible. one tip i've learned if your signed into a contract call every 3 months or so and see if you can sign into a new deal.
    we just signed up for a monthly contract and we picked our channels. we can cancel anytime as long as the 'program' is still running that we are on a trial run with.
    good luck with your search.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Enow View Post
    Start Communications.. local to london ... around $40 gets unlimited usage... have had no problems with the service.

I am also with Start Communications... for about 3 years now, no problems, and I have 2 teenagers boy, that have Xbox and playstation and computers running

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I pay $45 a month with bell for 65gb of usage a month.
    I watch a lot of my tv shows online (around 6+ a week) and my bf also is constantly watching you tube videos and we have never come close to maxing out our internet usage.
    Step away from my coupon binder and no one gets hurt.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Right now Rogers has a deal where you can get unlimited internet on any of their packages, but only until March 31st.

It's $10 if you have 3 Rogers services, or $30 otherwise.

Just switched over and we're loving not having to monitor our usage as we do a lot of HD video as well (and my son blew over our bandwidth last month by 18gb - $36 in overages, and we had 80gb for our cap).

Anyone who is on Rogers who is paying more for higher bandwidth, but would be happy with the speed of a lower plan, may want to consider going to a lower package, then pay the extra $10 for unlimited - you can save yourself some money and you still get the bundle discount, plus you don't need to extend your contract if you have one and if you don't you don't need to go on contract

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the info. I realize that its over but im still going to give them a call. So annoying, Ive been too busy lately to use it as much but i was capping out the $50 / month overage month after month for the last couple years.

Thread Information