User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just have a question about rejection of job offers. I rejected a job offer with a manager a while ago because another manager called me before her. But, this manager seemed to take it personally about rejection and got angry when I told her I got another job. I wonder if any of you experience this and how do you go about dealing with it.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

One thing with jobs is that you have to look out for your own interests before anyone elses. If something comes up with better pay, or just where you would be happier then you can't hesitate to take it because it would hurt someones feelings.

This is my experiance... before Christmas I was working on a contract at a particular government department. I loved it there and would have happily gone back, but my manager wasn't sure if she would be able to renew me. She knew that until I knew if she was going to be able to keep me around that I would be still looking for a new job for the new year.

Right around the time that she found out she would be able to keep me around, I was offered a new contract with a much higher pay. Obviously I couldn't turn that down, and she was dissappointed but understood and even told me to send her an updated resume in case I was ever looking in the future.

Bottom line is, if someone over-reacts to you not accepting their offer, you can't take it personally. By the sounds of it this is all happening within the same company, so you probably have to still deal with the person you rejected. I would let things cool down a bit and try to talk with her about it in a calm and rational matter, especially if you still have to deal with her sometimes.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

If you had signed a contract with manager one and then broken it, then she/he was a right to be annoyed.

A verbal contract...less so.

An interview and no agreement...Walter the fish you're still a free agent.

However according to your post you'd agreed a contract with another party before manager 1 contacted you..then she/he has nothing to complain about. First come first served.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's a free market. It's the managers fault for not offering you a better deal.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FairCall View Post
    It's a free market. It's the managers fault for not offering you a better deal.
    Absolutely True..
    Once a good employee (or prospective employee) is identified, than its the managers job to ensure he/she is fairly rewarded.

Thread Information