User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Do you want to check the status of your Income Tax Refund ?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

EDIT :

They have changed stuff a bit this year i.e 2017 on wards .

When you NETFILE online it almost immediately shows as ASSESSED with a FUTURE assessed date which is 9-10 days away. That Received thing seems to have been changed to Assessed.

So if you NETFILE on say March 10 , if you check under My Account on CRA website, almost immediately it will show as Assessed with a future post dated assessed date say March 20 or something like that.

That future assessed date, which shows up is also the day when you will get your Direct Deposit late at night or early morning the day after depending on the bank. Some banks process it faster, some take 10-15 hrs more.

If you don't have Direct Deposit then that Future Assessed date its showing is also the date when the refund check will be mailed out.

I believe DD is mandatory now and check is no longer mailed out.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A
    . By Automated Tele-Phone services

Call the Tax Information Phone Service (TIPS) at 1-800-267-6999. This service is available from mid-February to December 31.

We need proof of identification before we provide this information, so you will have to give us 3 Things :

1. Your Social Insurance Number,

2. Your Month and Year of birth, and

3. Total income amount you entered on line 150 ( Just the dollar amount, no cents )

They might ask for this year's line 150 income or the year before that, so keep both of them handy.

B. By Internet

Use My Account to check the status of your tax refund for the current year. This service is available 7 days a week, 21 hours a day.

If you are not registered to use My Account, you can get immediate access to your refund information using the Quick Access service.

You will get the following status :

Not received
    Means that we have not received your return, or it has been received but not entered into our computer system. If you filed your return on or before April 15, it could take four weeks before it shows as received. If you filed your return after April 15, it could take six weeks before it shows as received.

If you filed your return using EFILE, NETFILE, or TELEFILE, shortly after you receive your confirmation number, your return status will show as received. However, the information will not be updated immediately on My Account.

Received
    Means that we have received your return, but that it has not yet been assessed.

Assessed
    Means that this tax return has been processed by our computer system for the first time, and your Notice of Assessment has been mailed to you.

Reassessed
    Means that your return has been changed, and a Notice of Reassessment has been mailed to you.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Tue, Mar 7th, 2017 at 02:04 AM.
    macw1960 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The amount form line 150 might be for this year or last year, depending when you call them.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Fri, Apr 1st, 2016 at 05:48 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

1-800-267-6999.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great info for everyone.
    One other tip... they ask for just the dollar amount on line 150... so don't try and add the cents! This phone number is also where you can find out your RSP contribution limit if you cannot find your 2010 notice of assessment.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Not received
    Means that we have not received your return, or it has been received but not entered into our computer system. If you filed your return on or before April 15, it could take four weeks before it shows as received. If you filed your return after April 15, it could take six weeks before it shows as received.

If you filed your return using EFILE, NETFILE, or TELEFILE, shortly after you receive your confirmation number, your return status will show as received. However, the information will not be updated immediately on My Account.

Received
    Means that we have received your return, but that it has not yet been assessed.

Assessed
    Means that this tax return has been processed by our computer system for the first time, and your Notice of Assessment has been mailed to you.

Reassessed
    Means that your return has been changed, and a Notice of Reassessment has been mailed to you.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Thanks. This is great info. Just waiting for last minute slips. Anyone know when the last date that banks and investment companies can send out T3's etc.? I really want to send mine in but don't want to revise them if more slips come in.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chillys-willy View Post
    Thanks. This is great info. Just waiting for last minute slips. Anyone know when the last date that banks and investment companies can send out T3's etc.? I really want to send mine in but don't want to revise them if more slips come in.
    Could be wrong, but I think the slips should be post marked by Feb. 29.

We always get a bank slip mid March. For something stupid like $0.56 in interest earned.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post

We always get a bank slip mid March. For something stupid like $0.56 in interest earned.
    Its weird you get that , I was told that if your interest income is less than $ 50 the bank doesn't have to or don't have to send you a T5 slip.

You still have to report the interest income on your CRA form but they don't send you the slip T5.

T3 slips are a bit different as they are more to do with mutual funds etc, but the T5 slips are for GIC , Savings account , Dividend income etc.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Sun, Mar 4th, 2012 at 12:01 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chillys-willy View Post
    For T3 slips which re for mutual funds etc the bank's can take their own sweet time , its last day of March

Deadline for T3 Tax Slips

Unlike most other tax slips, T3 tax slips do not have to be mailed until the last day of March the year after the calendar year to which the T3 tax slips apply.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post

Yes for T5 slip its last day of Feb. , T5 slips is mostly interest earned on GIC, Savings account , Dividends etc.

But for T3 slip its last day of March , T3 is mostly for mutual funds , trust accounts etc.

Looks like the OP is waiting for T3 slips so it could be as late as end of March

Trading Score
    26 (96%)

Mine says it has been assessed, but the date says March 12, 2012. What does that mean?

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

@ TammyTee I think that is the day you money will be mailed or deposited, this is what my husband says
    Your 2011 return was assessed and a refund will be deposited directly into your bank account on March 12.

Mine only says assessed

Trading Score
    26 (96%)

Thank you LoRaOz, and thanks to your hubby. Looking forward to it

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

For those who did a paper return ( not NETFILE or TELEFILE ) and mailed it in , like me , here is my time line.

Feb 13 : Mailed my Tax Return by Canada Post ( cost me 2 stamps )

Feb 29 : Showing Received in my CRA- My Account

March 7 : Showing Assessed in my CRA -My Account

March 15 : Refund to be Direct Deposited in my bank Account

So about 1 month from the date of my mailing in my tax return by Canada Post , it will be deposited in my bank account

Of course if you netfile or telefile its much faster and could be as less as 10 working days.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    For those who did a paper return ( not NETFILE or TELEFILE ) and mailed it in , like me , here is my time line.

Feb 13 : Mailed my Tax Return by Canada Post ( cost me 2 stamps )

Feb 29 : Showing Received in my CRA- My Account

March 7 : Showing Assessed in my CRA -My Account

March 15 : Refund to be Direct Deposited in my bank Account

So about 1 month from the date of my mailing in my tax return by Canada Post , it will be deposited in my bank account

Of course if you netfile or telefile its much faster and could be as less as 10 working days.
    Nice - refund by St. Patrick's Day.
    Nice.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information