User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dollarama Canada Reviews and Item Lists (in-store)

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I agree on the tape, it sucks. I always keep an eye out for brand name items, but don't be fooled! I bought Aquafina lip gloss, but it has the dollarama numbers on it. These are 7 or so digit number on the packaging somewhere. If I want to know if it's made for Dollarama, I just look for those #s. That way I can tell FOR SURE the brand name stuff from the dollarama suff. I have found the Dr. Scholl's foot stuff there, great stocking stuffers. Mitts are great, $1 and you can buy a few pairs for the same price as anywhere else. I'm still not brave enough to go to the food isle, except for the odd chocolate bar. Great BBQ tongs, same as getting them at Sears.....
    Some great kids books there - Arthur books! And NOT made for the dollar store.
    One thing that I would not buy again was the dish washing wand that you fill up with dish soap. I would go through those so fast! I decided to buy a Scotch-Brite one for about $4...well worth it! Would not go back to the dollar store for that one. That's a ll I could think of for now!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have to take 2 buses to get to the closest dollarama store from me, but it's definitly worth it. I love the store! I usually get the wine glasses to give out at Christmas with an inexpensive bottle of wine. Also get alot of other great items to send to my foster child in Mongolia. She loves the things I send.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Their fancy napkins are great everyone else seems to charge over $5 for theirs, and it’s way prettier than using paper towel when you have guest over. Tons of styles too. NSangle was right about the oil soap, if you put some in your plant water it’ll kill all the bugs living in the soil without hurting the plants. I like most of their soaps, especially Baby’s Own and Fa. Stay away from their eyeliner and pomegranate body wash. The eyeliner doesn’t stick to skin and the body wash is too runny to be good for anything.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They have some nice almay spray spritzer perfume's there, I checked it out in stores its like regular 6 bucks!
    Shop,Free Products,Earn Money Now $$
    http://www.idakoos.com/a/trixyrox

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I, too, love the cheap scrapbooking stuff! I also get the odd kitchen utensils and cloths there.
    They're great for gift bags and tissue paper...I can't believe what other stores charge for them!
    They used to sell little 5" springform pans. I used to bake cheesecakes for my friends' birthdays and give it to them in the pans. Now they don't sell them anymore...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dollarama is a pretty fun place to shop and I go to one in the East End of Toronto. Before my first visit, I pretty much had my apprehensions, namely that it would be a small store and that its inventory would consist mostly of pencil sharpeners, balloon animals and lint rollers.

So, I was actually impressed first and foremost when I entered and spied their giant candy aisle.

They had one thing I had loved in my childhood and forgotten, the politically incorrect Popeye's cigarette candies! And in packages of 5 or 6 boxes, if memory serves. Dollarama would definitely be a good place to shop for snacks if you were setting up a kid's birthday party, or where planning some evening snacks in front of the telly. Everything from chocolate bars, gobstoppers, popcorn, gum, cookies, candies and potato chips - all discounted heavily.

I think I even saw rock candy. Rock candy! Now there's a blast from the past.

Some great deals include things in their spice section, including pepper corns and herbs which can cost several times the price in a regular grocery store. There were also lots of tins of tuna, tinned vegetables, sauces, Chef Boyardee pasta cans, also cheaper than what you'd find at a grocer. All good buys to stock up the pantry.

There was also a small book section that had a great deal on books, mostly for kids.

My wife liked the craft section where she could buy scrapbook accessories, stickers, candles and such. And she also bought some pens that had names pre-embossed on them and gave them as gifts to some of her colleagues.

Things I would avoid at this or any dollar store: food-related items produced in China (I bought a bottle of Maraschino cherries at Dollarama but had buyer's regret the next day some months ago when we first started hearing about lead and various baddies in food produced in China), child's toys and electrical outlets/extension cords/power bars made in China. There was an article about power bars and extension cord knockoffs produced in China causing FIRES in Canadian homes after being purchased at Dollar type stores. White Elephant milk candies are sold at some of these stores and were recalled a week ago, as they contained melamine, toxic to humans and animals (manufactured in China).

There are a wide variety of kitchen utensils at Dollarama, but again (not to be paranoid but) I would be cautious about anything that might be made abroad that could pose a danger to you or your children (in their case, toys laced with lead). So, I might stick to metal items, and avoid plastic ones.

Frankly, I like hitting Dollarama before I head to the nearby cinema with underpriced rather than overpriced snacks.

I imagine Dollarama might have some fun Halloween decorations, so I may have to pop in over the next few weeks.

I would rate them 7.5/10 as probably the best dollar type store I've visited.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Review: regent west KP///Winnipeg, manitoba
    I think that dollarama is a prety good store! They always have good prices. You can't beat $1. LOL. they always have lots of good products. Usually they workers are nice though there are a couple of weird people working each once in a wile. Lots of there stuff is worth more than a $1. I do wish that they would take coupons thought but you still do get a deal when shopping there! I am upset thet they are planning on changing the store to a $2 store but I am just hoping that it doesn't last or at least they get better stuff and not just change the prices on stuff like other stors have done.They really do need a bigger store in KP because it is always so full and not enouf room to even move! Right now as this store is $1 and under I think it a prety good store.
    Last edited by Marla.6; Sat, Oct 11th, 2008 at 10:09 PM.

Have a Banana Daily Beast Master's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I love the store, BUT, I would not touch any food items....China Syndrome,
    of course, the name brand chocolate bars they have there are ok.
    A really great buy is the glossy photo paper for printing your own pics.
    If you like Halloween, you would love this store, they have soooo much fun stuff.
    Please vote daily for my ferret site.
    http://1award.co.uk/addvote.php?vote=3368

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

things that I have found at the Dollarma that I like include, Desprate Housewives board game (usually would pay $15 at walmart) Lock and Lock containers, Pens, modeling clay, winter hats, and also in the suprise bags they some with a disney sticker story book with 10 packs of the matching stickers ( the kind that I used to get as a child).

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I have a problem with the items that are less than a dollar. If you don't pay attention a newbie will charge you a $1 for a .50 item

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

LOVE THE NEW STORE ! So I walk in and find the carts the store is pretty busy today as indicated in the very small parking lot thats overloaded with vehicles. I get in to find CLEAN Isles LOADS of great deals the best one i found was the DOVE shampoo and conditioner $1 each for a full size bottle of the stuff I pay $3.98 for at wal-mart. I also found tons of scrapbooking deals and supplies I had a cart-full by the time i hit the cashes then i noticed something oddly enough there were 4 cashiers running the front but nowhere in my travels did i see an actual associate assisting a customer with anything I heard alot of where's the baby stuff and i wonder if they carry electrical cords? Loud enough I could hear the customer but noone came to help them The inner cashier in me was a little steamed I thought why is there no floor support ? when it was my turn I casually placed my items on the counter and she took out this huge bag and proceeded to toss everything in it. I asked her if she could seperate the chemical stuff i bought from the food products as they could leak and she rather rudely grabbed another bag and stuffed some of the contents from the big bag to the little one. I commented on the fact that there were some custoemrs looking for stuff and someone should go and help them she told me after my order it was her break time I looked back at the line now going into an aisle and there wre only two cashiers running it now seemed like the other one had break time too.I noticed it was short staffed and the existing staff was overworked underpaid and could not possibly waste there energy running around the store too. So its a great store Im happy with the deals but they need more employees and floor support. thats my take on the new store and ps: don't try to find the bathroom here is none.lol my little godchild is two and we had to stop at wal-mart for her to relieve herself.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I always used to buy my hangers there - 5 for $1. Now they only have them 2 for $1! I guess I shouldn't complain because there are so many other great deals there, but it's annoying

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

I'd say becareful and if you have A LOT of items to count them before you get to the cash. My mom took my son (he's 11months old) to dollarama yesterday to pick up some stuff. Since he was so wild, she was paying more attention to him than the guy ringing stuff through. The total came to 33.90 and my mom kind of said what the hell did I spend $33 on. She actually stopped ont he way out of the store and counted and she only had 20 items, not the 30 he charged her for.

Soooo she goes back and asks him to recount, he counts 20 and she says, I thought so, because you charged me for 30. To make a long story short, there was NO manager in the store, and another young cashier had to call the managers house to ask how to give a refund when it was paid through debit. He had no idea and it took 25 minutes for him to figure out how to do it.

How can they leave these (17 year olds) in a store, without telling them how to do procedures???

Anyways, it now makes me wonder, how many times they've counted 1 extra etc. and a lot of people never notice!!???
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I always pick up my kitchen/cleaning stuff from there. It is sooooo much cheaper than buying sandwich bags, foil and plastic wrap there. I love the disposable pans as well, cook in them then throw them away. At 2/1.00 it is a lot less hassle than having to clean a baking pan.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

IF they ARE going to make this into a 3-tiered price store, I hope they get NEW stuff and don't just reprice what is there. Like, if you buy something from the top tier price set, it has to be WORTH it.Like, really, really worth 2 dollars! If not, I am gonna be p***ed!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information