User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dollarama Canada Reviews and Item Lists (in-store)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NSangel View Post
    thanks milton, finally my ramblings are appreciated
    Whatever made you think you ramble?? lol

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i always count my items as i am taking them out of my cart

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Dollarama in Cathedral in Montreal has Charles Worthington styling products and Dep gel, all for $1!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I had quite the issue with one of the Dollaramas in my city. I went in as usual with my Service Dog, Atthé (which many of you know) and went to the front, announced I was there with my service dog and asked if the clerk could inform the manager. I do this everytime I enter a store.

So I began shopping and this 40 year old woman comes storming out if the office and yells at me down the asile that I am not allowed to have a dog in the store. I informed her that my dog was a Seazure dog, and as such I am permited to have access to any public area.

"Well, I've never heard of that, so you can't have her in here." is what she said.

To which I replied "I have all my government paperwork that says I can." and I presented it.

She looked it over, and pointed out the date on the letter. "This is dated from 2005. It's out of date. You aren't allowed in here."

"Those are the laws." I said. "The laws haven't changed in the following years, so the letter is still valid."

"Well you need to go to the CNIB or wherever you get this letter and tell them you need a new one every 6 months." (Keep in mind she had a very snarky attitude.)

"No, you don't understand. It doesn't work that way. You don't get a letter updated every 6 months. You get your first official letter and past there you use it to gain access. You only get a new letter when the laws change. This paperwork is good enough for the government, so it is good enough for your store."

"Well you still have to leave." she snapped.

"Okay." I sighed. "I am going to leave this store and I am going to get on the phone. I am going to call your head office and file a complaint. If that gets me nowhere I am going to call the human rights tribunal and file a complaint. I don't think you want to jepordize your job and life like that."

"I don't appreciate being threatened!" She yelled.

"I'm not threatening you. I am just telling you how it is going to go. I've battled for worse people than you. I am going to leave now, and be assured I won't let this rest."

I asked her her name, and she wouldn't tell me. "No problem," I said, "It's not like it's going to be hard to figure out which manager is working at this location at 2:00 on a Wensday."

So I walked out, and sure enough, I got home and filed a complaint with Dollarama head office. They contacted the district manager, and believe me, he was none too happy about what happened. He kept appologizing to me over and over. I said "I know it isn't your policy to discriminate against the disabled. I just want you to take this experience and educate your staff about the importance of service dogs to the people who desperatly need them."

So no troubles since at any of the other dollaramas. I have yet to go back to that one with my dog, but I hope that b**** is there when I do. I bet she got a royal chewing out!
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by caitfoster View Post
    So no troubles since at any of the other dollaramas. I have yet to go back to that one with my dog, but I hope that b**** is there when I do. I bet she got a royal chewing out!
    Stories like this absolutely warm my heart. I love it!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The dog's vest wasn't visible??? I see the little red or blue jackets on the dog before I see the person.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

It was quite visable. She wears a vest with the words "Psychiatric Service Dog" printed on it. She also wears a tag that states the same thing. She is not your regular service dog as she is only 8 lbs, but she does all the same jobs for me that a big dog can do.
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by caitfoster View Post
    It was quite visable. She wears a vest with the words "Psychiatric Service Dog" printed on it. She also wears a tag that states the same thing. She is not your regular service dog as she is only 8 lbs, but she does all the same jobs for me that a big dog can do.
    She can pull a dogsled?

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

She can actually lift my 200 lbs husband in ther teeth too.

Proud Mama of 3!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My family is crazy about Dollarama and Dollar Giant... Great places, but the Brockville location we go to is WAY crowded! The carts can barely fit down the isles as it is and that's excluding with other shoppers trying to squeeze through! Boxes are constantly left everywhere and when I had my daughter in 2006, she was 6 days old and I was carrying her in one of the snugglies, and I nearly fell with her in it because of the darn boxes! I was sooo mad! Store employee I spoke with basically laughed it up! Since then she's been fired though.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Great deals: food containers, the plastic ones for lunches and the foil trays for cooking
    Cheapo silverware that I buy for the animal shelter for cats/dogs that get canned food
    Puzzle books - why pay $7 for a sudoku book when you can get it for $1
    Gift wrap & bags as well as cards that I stock up on when they have the cute handmade ones.

I stay away from the food and many of the office supplies as the tape/post its don't stick but great for pencils etc. I stay away from the bathroom / makeup stuff too as even the name brand stuff seems 'off' (dry etc)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just love the dollar store. Friends and family call me the Dollarama Queen. It is great for scrapbooking, school supplies (office) - 10 letter size file folders for $1! I even bought socks there - great for the boys who punch holes in socks after a couple of wears. I like the ladies socks - most of them have spandex - nice and stretchy.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Found yesterday: Windsor salt, Primo canned spaghetti sauce, and Thermasilk brands.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

i am continually amazed that they have SOO many scrapbooking supplies. often they are acid and lignen free.. for $1, lots of variety!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dollarama On Merivale here in Ottawa:

They have wheat thins mr christie crackers (organic) & I might ad there amazingly good!
    Shop,Free Products,Earn Money Now $$
    http://www.idakoos.com/a/trixyrox

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information