User Tag List

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Have you ever suffered from depression?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    ive been unemployed for over a year and right now we are in the dead of winter where my SAD is hurting..I just feel pathetic
    Do you have meds or other methods to find yourself in a better place? Hoping you can find work as well gryphon.
    Skippy likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

It's been pretty rough for both my kids and myself this season and we are on the West Coast. i can't imagine how it would be in Ontario. Extreme weather and unemployment together is a double whammy. Hang in there hon.
    ROMEO and walkonby like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    Would you tell a person's psychiatrist the real underlying issue that torments that person especially if the dr asked about it and he/she lied and said it wasn't an issue?

Tough question,even tougher for the person to resolve if he/she won't admit it. Not sure of the answer but definitely yes if he/she is a danger to themselves/others.
    Hope and pray you are able to make the right decision.
    ROMEO likes this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

ive been unemployed for over a year and right now we are in the dead of winter where my SAD is hurting..I just feel pathetic

Sorry my friend for your difficulties,perhaps a change in meds.and/or an energy light would help.Your Dr.may be of assistance.
    Prayer offered on your behalf.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I just popped in because
    I had watched a few Netflix documentaries wrt healthy eating, juicing etc...3 shows. On one of them a doctor relayed the story of a women with a family, who was in such a deep depression that she basically stopped interacting with them at all. She was given this treatment and had returned to normal, being with her family, cooking again, etc....then they went to her doctor and without any knowledge of its effects on a body except what pharmaceutical companies tell them, he said that it was a dangerous treatment. She stopped it and went right back to her deep depression. Physicians receive NO training in nutrition and its effects on our bodies; they only know how to dispense drugs for each illness rather than bringing the entire body into health. If you have access to Netflix, then take a few minutes to watch the show. Of the 3 health documentaries, I believe it's the third one. ( sorry can't get there at the moment...grandson deep into a movie).

The treatment involves Vitamin B-3. That's it.
    Google it for treatment for depression.

One of many sites:
    http://www.doctoryourself.com/hoffer_niacin.html

Hope this helps...perhaps returning to total body health would require a naturopath rather than a doctor.
    Just hoping this may help someone....
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Mar 13th, 2016 at 10:20 AM.
    Candini likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

hey all I bet ya missed me...well I been really depressed for about the last 2 weeks its horrible I wish it would go away....I am on celexa 20mg for it
    ROMEO likes this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    hey all I bet ya missed me...well I been really depressed for about the last 2 weeks its horrible I wish it would go away....I am on celexa 20mg for it
    Hope and pray the medication works for you.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I just popped in because
    I had watched a few Netflix documentaries wrt healthy eating, juicing etc...3 shows. On one of them a doctor relayed the story of a women with a family, who was in such a deep depression that she basically stopped interacting with them at all. She was given this treatment and had returned to normal, being with her family, cooking again, etc....then they went to her doctor and without any knowledge of its effects on a body except what pharmaceutical companies tell them, he said that it was a dangerous treatment. She stopped it and went right back to her deep depression. Physicians receive NO training in nutrition and its effects on our bodies; they only know how to dispense drugs for each illness rather than bringing the entire body into health. If you have access to Netflix, then take a few minutes to watch the show. Of the 3 health documentaries, I believe it's the third one. ( sorry can't get there at the moment...grandson deep into a movie).

The treatment involves Vitamin B-3. That's it.
    Google it for treatment for depression.

One of many sites:
    http://www.doctoryourself.com/hoffer_niacin.html

Hope this helps...perhaps returning to total body health would require a naturopath rather than a doctor.
    Just hoping this may help someone....

Doctors should know about nutrition.

My family doctor does dispense medication but she also recommends that your foundation is stable.
    1) Your diet - if you eat crappy foods, you`re going to feel crappy.
    2) Getting exercise, not running laps but at least going out for a walk
    3) Getting 8 hours of sleep.

There are plenty of good documentaries on netflix, fat sick and nearly dead was great (Based on juicing)
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ive been having bad depressive episodes lately. I....really hate this feeling. I just feel like garbage
    walkonby and momof3heathens like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Sorry kiddo.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Ive been having bad depressive episodes lately. I....really hate this feeling. I just feel like garbage
    I hope and pray this passes soon my friend.If not you may wish to consider going back to your Dr.
    walkonby and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Everyone will have such an experience for sure.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The best way to get rid of the depression is to find good and interesting occupation for you and build the busy schedule for every day. I had a big problems with my mood two years ago, I think it was real depression. I decided to go in the pool and practise more sports. After two months of tight training I noticed that I'm feeling better.
    ROMEO likes this.
    There are only three things women need in life: food, water, and compliments
    - Chris Rock
    My article about different rotisserie ovens and its best deals.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was diagnosed with sever depression 3 years ago. I used many antidepressants... Here I am today and I've overcome it. Need advices?
    1) Don't rely on anyone. It's only you who can put an end to this.
    2) Don't rely on any products. Antidepressants can numb it but never stop it completely.
    3) Don't expect anything from anyone.
    4) Just trust your body and your family. Don't be insecure about them!
    5) Do yoga!
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not sure if I've suffered from depression or not. I definitely seem to have moods that can quickly go from extreme highs to extreme lows.but I'm not quite ready to say I have depression yet.

Maybe I need to hit google.com.
    ROMEO likes this.

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread Information