User Tag List

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Have you ever suffered from depression?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Has anyone here suffered from depression? If so, and if you do not mind, can you talk about it if it isnt too personal?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    jaydenmoorie likes this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have been diagnosed with depression....for over a year now.....I have my ups and downs.....what did you want to know.....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I know many people diagnosed with clinical depression.
    <center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center>http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/FreebieChick
    http://www.winster.com/refer.jsp?uid=n30kdpgphys5r

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i would like to know how you are coping with it, and did you get help?

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

your local chapter of the canadian mental health resource center is always a good start. they will always point you in the right direction. after your md of course. the cmha can be found online, and each office has own support staff. i'll post link below when i find it.

http://www.cmha.ca/bins/index.asp

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i was having problems myself with depression as a result of anxiety disorders, however i got counsleling and was given medicine that helped me, and i overcame it but it was incredibly bad at times before, and at one point i had considered suicide. that is when i got counseling and help, and now i have mostly overcome it. im still getting counselling and will for a while more, and my experiences made me want to talk to others who may have had bad experiences as well.
    Last edited by gryphon; Fri, Sep 26th, 2008 at 03:01 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Unfortunately I have had it as long as I can remember. However, it became worse when my younger brother died suddenly.
    I'm on medication and probaby will be for the rest of my life.
    My advice is to take it One Day At A Time,because that's all you can do at times. Also remember you are never alone.
    Feel free to PM anytime.
    Momof3girlies likes this.

Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I suffer from depression and anxiety and have for many years- I'm actually in a 18 week Mon-Fri day program @ hospital right now. It's group therapy

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I to have suffered for many years....but only diagnosed about a year ago....I am seeing a psychiatrist on a reg. basis and I am on Venlafaxine 300 mg per day and will probably on pills the rest of my life....as it is clinical depression......and the Canadian Mental Health is a great place.....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Please if you suffer from mental health issues please, please, please get the help you need. It is there and it is nessassary for some people to spend their lives in constant therapy for depression. My sister suffered greatly from mental health issues and stopped getting help and as a result did commit suicide.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

yes, i have been fighting depression and type II BiPolar disorder which reared its ugly head as a result of the clinical depression, which was a direct result from deep and profound bereavement and grief. Medication can help, and was a life-saver for me. It allowed me to cope with dealing with my depression and subsequently getting 'better'.
    I was able to come to understand my illness and learn coping mechanisms.
    I am not the same person i was before I became depressed, and I never will be. I had to learn to be 'okay' with that, and learn to love the 'new me'. Lord knows I desperately searched for the 'old me'.

Thank god for the wonderful social workers who helped me along the way, and of course the psychiatrist who managed my meds. I believe that 'support networks' are crucial.

geez.... I sound like I'm making an Emmy acceptance speech!!!!.... "i'd like to thank the wonderful...." lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I too suffer from depression and anxiety .. Like the others, I have good days and bad!! Lately seems to be bad so I don't know .. maybe I need an adjustment to my meds. It is just one of those things that you have to literally take one day at a time!

Somewhere over the rainbow and south of the QEW
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I have also suffered depression on and off over the years. I have been on medication in the past but thankfully I don't need it at the moment.

I make no secret of the fact and I am always willing to discuss it with anyone if it will help in any way. You are always welcome to PM me if you need someone to talk to.

(((HUGS))) to you.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

I went through my first bout of depression at 13 years old. Then I had another episode when I was 15 years old that caused me to drop out of high school. I went to see a pschyatrist (sp?) once during that time who told me all I needed was to get out and make friends and have a boyfriend. Yeah,okay. Then it didn't bother me majorly again until after I had my son last year and then I had severe PPD. Ended up on Zoloft for that which helped a lot for the depression. But I also have severe anxiety issues....going out in public by myself is almost impossible for me. I will literally do anything to avoid public situations if I am alone. So I am supposed to be starting a new medication that works better for anxiety and depression; Paxal I think it's called. Just have to wait until I have this baby 'cause I can't take it while pregnant.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have also been battling depression and anxiety for years.. I am on medication which helps keep me level, I guess.
    jaydenmoorie likes this.
    "To the world you may be one person, to one person you may be the world"

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information