User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Loblaws Canada

Tell us about your good or bad shopping experience at Loblaws Canada stores.
    Have any compliments or complaints? any advice? let us know!

You can also use this thread to discuss hot items that could be found at Loblaws Canada and items that should be avoided.

Click here to post your Loblaws review now

------------------------------------------------------------

Loblaws is a supermarket chain of grocery stores in Canada, headquartered in Brampton, with stores across Ontario and Quebec. Loblaws is a division of Loblaw Companies Limited, Canada's largest food distributor. Beginning in 2008, new and renovated Loblaws stores have been given a new store format and are named Loblaw Great Food.

Loblaws Flyer
    http://www.loblaws.ca/en/thisWeeksFlyer.aspx

Loblaws Store Locations
    http://www.loblaws.ca/en/problemStoreNotSelected.aspx
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, Indigo Chapters Coles Bookstore

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

The Loblaws location on Bullock in Markham defines excellent customer service. I am often there on the weekdays with my young children and it now seems like everyone there knows me and greets us. From the cookies we get free at the bakery to even the odd free banana (yes my boys love em) they are always great.
    Their sales are also amazing. I went there last week to buy a few things and happened to go to the back to school section. I noticed an employee in there repricing manay things so the thrify person I am followed her in the aisle to see what was going on. She told me everything was being cleared out, most items were less than 50 cents so I started to fill my cart for my kids and my sister's. I had a cart overflowing with stuff for no more thn 47 cents an item...imagine 5 mechanical pencils for 10 cents? a math kit with all the protractors and rulers needed along with pencils, erasers and all in a buffalo brand pencil case for 94 cents...i have gifts for kids for the next year and this is a usual thing at this location.
    Joe clothing clearance has always been a hit with me too, i continue to check their items each and every time i go there hoping to hit the jackpot.

All in all a great store with amazing employees and even better deals

Banned
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

This is a review for the Loblaws in Mississauga (5010 Glen Erin Drive).

My first impression of this store is that the parking lot is HUGE! There must be at least 500 spots in this lot. You can always find a good spot.

The store inside is huge as well but I found it to be very confusing. You can enter in two doors. One will take you to the produce section and the other side takes you to the "home" side (home decor). I ususally go in through the produce doors.

The produce section itself is always very cluttered and messy. There is garbage on the floors and the layout is just insane. No matter where you turn you are bumping into something.

I will not buy romaine lettuce from Loblaws (or Superstore) any longer. I found that everytime I would come home with it, there would be green BUGS all over each leaf. It was disgusting! Other than that, I found their fruits and veggies to be just fine.

On the far left of the produce section is coldcuts and cheese (deli counter as well). This is so far in the corner that it's easy to miss. Once you find it, it's dark and dingy and I feel dirty buying meet there (at the counter). There is also bread waaaaaaaay down in the very back corner of this section.

Once you get out of that hectic section of the store, you come to the aisles of packaged food, clothing, health and beauty items and even school supplies. Again, I find it all to be confusing. Fortunetely, there are big signs above each aisle which clearly tell you what is in that aisle. The meat is at the very back of the store and although I find it to mostly be overpriced, they do have great quality.

All in all I would rate this store a 2/5. I find it to be way too expensive and the only reason I will shop there is for sale items. I also think that their customer service is terrible. Most of the time the cashiers won't even say hello to you. I've found younger people (usually males, but females as well) will talk to other cashiers while they are ringing you up which I think it incredibly rude!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

The Loblaws in Montreal is great. Nice and clean and a pleasure to shop.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I went to Loblaws once in my life. It was the store in Oshawa, across from the mall. I bought two 10lb bags of carrots that were on sale for 1.99. When I opened them they were rotten.

I contacted Loblaws through email, as the store is across town and I've never been there again. They said they would send me a $5 gc as a refund. Two months later I contacted them as I had never received it. They apologized, said they would send it right out. That was January, it still hasn't arrived.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was shopping at the Southdale and Wonderland Rd store and saw that the T-fal frying pans were on sale for $9.99 regularly $29.99.
    I went through the cash register the price came up $29.99.
    I told the cashier they were on sale for $9.99 she told me to go to customer service and the would reimburse me the difference. So off I went to CS a bit annoyed but not for long they gave me back my $29.99 + tax and because it was their code mistake the frying pan was free.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's great but the last three times i've gone to Loblaws, sale priced items have not scanned through at the right price. Then you have to wait forever for a price check (I could walk to the aisle and back myself in 1/4 the time).

My issue, however, is the frequency with which this happens at this particular store. I only happened to NOTICE the last three times. On small ticket items, who knows how often i've paid full price on a "sale" item and not realized it?

After the second time, i stopped shopping there. I went back yesterday and only realized after getting back to work that they'd charged me 1.69 instead of 0.74 on 6 items.

When i went back today for a refund, the lady at customer service told me that it was the manager's policy to give the customer the first item for free, then the following items at the SCANNED PRICE. I should have paid $4.44. I paid $10.14. According to what she said i would have received only $1.69 back, meaning they still would have cost me $1.40 each - almost twice the sale price!

Thank goodness she agreed when i objected to that theory, and gave me 1 free and charged the sale price for the other 5 instead.

But who knows how much money of mine they've stolen without me noticing? I refuse to shop anywhere if i need to write down all the prices as i add items to the cart, and compare as they're scanned through.

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

I had bought a Venus Embrace razor and Venus Embrace Refills without coupons as this is what my mother had requested me to buy. She was just out of the hospital and could not go to the store herself. I always keep my receipts for Loblaws until I know all products are fine. Nevertheless, I dropped by my mother's house to only find out, she made a mistake and wanted the Breeze instead.

I immediately went back to the Heartland Town Centre and brought in both products with the receipt and explained the situation. I asked to exchange them or a refund whatever was easiest for them. I was told a supervisor would need to check me out. While I was waiting I reviewed the "Refund/Exchange Policy" posted on the customer service desk. The only exclusions are to jewellry and undergarmets.

These products I returned were unopened and it was literally an hour after buying them.

The supervisor, Heather, came over and immediately said sorry nope we don’t have to return these products. I then proceeded to ask why and referred to the refund/exchange policy and pointed out it does not include razors anywhere in it. Heather proceeded to state its up to her discretion. I then asked to see a manager because either 1. they should honour their policy or 2. they should change their store policy (which by the way is issued from Head Office). Heather stated the manager was unavailable and didn’t know when he would be back in. I asked for the head office phone number and Heather's full name. I have had to deal with Heather on a SCOP issue previously and she refused to give it to me or my sister at the time. I have also seen her bump into a lady, break her eggs and then tell her there is nothing she can do execpt have her wait in a long customer service line to replace them. To make it better, this lady was out with three young kids. I felt sorry for her.

I proceeded to call Head Office and they stated under no circumstance they should of treated me that way or refused the return as long as the packaging is intact and I have the receipt. Head Office has filed a complaint on Heather and the Heartland Location. Head Office stated they would be sending me a gift card in the amount for the razors and the cartridges, which I am very thankful for but now have to find someone to use them. I personally do not like the Embrace product.

I think Head Office handled the sitaution how it should have been in the first place. I expressed my customer experience to Head Office and how this one store is giving their brand name a 'bad reputation".

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think there is a fine line line for some cs people, between pride in their job and acting like they own the joint. They take things too personally. Like a refund is coming off their paycheck, a SCOP is like you were stealing from them and a coupon like someone is trying to scam them. They need to be trained properly, be taught to think like a customer and not a power hungry monster.

S J
    Female
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

great , I am happy it worked out for you ................. I love Embrace so, whats in it you dont like?
    JOIN ME AND GET FREE GIFT CARDS! CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jainshilpi{earn by daily searches}

http://www.leadprizes.com/members/register.php?ref=sj23{earn by completing P T C offers}

Pm me for help!

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

i personally like the divine the best, my embrace kept guking up quick

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

Didnt realize this should go here...

I had bought a Venus Embrace razor and Venus Embrace Refills without coupons as this is what my mother had requested me to buy. She was just out of the hospital and could not go to the store herself. I always keep my receipts for Loblaws until I know all products are fine. Nevertheless, I dropped by my mother's house to only find out, she made a mistake and wanted the Breeze instead.

I immediately went back to the Heartland Town Centre and brought in both products with the receipt and explained the situation. I asked to exchange them or a refund whatever was easiest for them. I was told a supervisor would need to check me out. While I was waiting I reviewed the "Refund/Exchange Policy" posted on the customer service desk. The only exclusions are to jewellry and undergarmets.

These products I returned were unopened and it was literally an hour after buying them.

The supervisor, Heather, came over and immediately said sorry nope we don’t have to return these products. I then proceeded to ask why and referred to the refund/exchange policy and pointed out it does not include razors anywhere in it. Heather proceeded to state its up to her discretion. I then asked to see a manager because either 1. they should honour their policy or 2. they should change their store policy (which by the way is issued from Head Office). Heather stated the manager was unavailable and didn’t know when he would be back in. I asked for the head office phone number and Heather's full name. I have had to deal with Heather on a SCOP issue previously and she refused to give it to me or my sister at the time. I have also seen her bump into a lady, break her eggs and then tell her there is nothing she can do execpt have her wait in a long customer service line to replace them. To make it better, this lady was out with three young kids. I felt sorry for her.

I proceeded to call Head Office and they stated under no circumstance they should of treated me that way or refused the return as long as the packaging is intact and I have the receipt. Head Office has filed a complaint on Heather and the Heartland Location. Head Office stated they would be sending me a gift card in the amount for the razors and the cartridges, which I am very thankful for but now have to find someone to use them. I personally do not like the Embrace product.

I think Head Office handled the sitaution how it should have been in the first place. I expressed my customer experience to Head Office and how this one store is giving their brand name a 'bad reputation".

S J
    Female
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mellyskater View Post
    i personally like the divine the best, my embrace kept guking up quick

really ? ok will try divine as I havent tried it before . thanks for letting me know.
    JOIN ME AND GET FREE GIFT CARDS! CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jainshilpi{earn by daily searches}

http://www.leadprizes.com/members/register.php?ref=sj23{earn by completing P T C offers}

Pm me for help!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

good!
    that store always smells funny when you walk in :p
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just wanted to post my disappointment with the Seafood Counter at Loblaws Mississauga Heartland. It looks like they have tried to cut costs by removing the person who mans the seafood counter and trying to juggle between the sliced meat counter. Every time that I have gone to the seafood counter over my lunch hour with the purpose of picking some fish for dinner, I wait there looking like an idiot for about 5 minutes, then I leave.

Today I waited at the counter for at least 10 full minutes before someone came to help (I was determined not to leave empty handed this time). I would have spoken directly with the store manager but my lunch hour was almost over! Needless to say I passed up more food shopping.

This store must be throwing out A LOT of perished seafood! I would MUCH prefer to go to the Sobey's near my home where their fish counter is always busy and you are served immediately. There is nothing appealing about fish that you know is not moving anywhere fast!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information