User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: FreshCo Price Matching Policy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Hi All!

I was at FreshCo this weekend, and was grabbing a few great deals ($0.29 dial refills, bacon mm...) anyways that's besides the point!

I was walking through I heard a woman yelling at the cashier makes me understand why some cashiers are difficult...well she was yelling about how they wouldn't price match Walmart because it is not considered a 'Grocery Store'. I find this very interesting, as it obviously has a huge range of grocery items and I am pretty sure other stores will price match it. I actually had my WM flyer to PM Buttoni Pizza, but they didn't carry it at FreshCo.

Has anyone else heard of this, not being able to PM WM at FreshCo, or anywhere else?
    This thread is currently associated with: FreshCo, Walmart

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have never heard anything like that before??? If the store sells the same product and it is a better price else where and it is displayed on the fyler there should not be a problem???
    Anna Michele likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    107 (100%)

My freshco is the same. They have a list of grocery stores that they will price match. Mainly no frills, food basics, sobeys, loblaws. I tried to price match micheal-angelos and was denied because they are not a 'major competitor'. They don't Pm walmart, shoppers, asian supermarket, or any other supermarket that is a major national chain. That's just my experience at my local freshco. And the Pm limit is 2. I'd much prefer to pm at walmart which is down the street.
    lecale and FrugalKris like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

Well, the only issue that I have with Freshco is that they only match 2 item, and BTW NoFrills doesn't Match Zeller's for the same reason there is not a store competitor from them.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

reallly, a limit of 2 pm's that's ridiculousssssssss

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Many stores have a price-matching policy that says something similar to "admatching major competing grocery stores in trading area" or "admatching major competing drug stores in trading area"

Every store is different and you not only have to check the policies of each one, but stay up to date on changes.
    Anna Michele likes this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

ya, it's very interesting - i guess i always took it for granted that if they sold the same product that they would price match - i mean, i understand not price matching somewhere like canadian tire because they have a small selection of consumer packaged goods, but WM basically has a grocery store inside of the store (as does SDM) oh well...it was good to know!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

go to No Frills or WM, they have a much better price match policy.
    Free 25 Superpoints when you become basic member - time limited invitation only!

Bonus - Earn Swagbucks and get bonus 70sb instead of just 30sb. Valid until June 30, 2012.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dealers View Post
    go to No Frills or WM, they have a much better price match policy.
    The Freshco that I go to will not match the Shoppers Drug mart that right next door. The 2 NF close to me will not let me price match and use coupons, and now the WM that I go to will not accept the CZ coupon, it's getting very frustrating trying to save money.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Not sure about Freshco exactly but if they pulled that line I'd laugh because WM is directly across the street. You can see if while standing in line at Freshco.

That being said my NF will not price match Zellers, WM, SDM and various stores like that despite them being really close to them. So for this reason I PM at WM who will take flyers from the very tip north of Ontario despite the grocery store being a 10+ hour drive away!

My only problem as of late is my WM has renovated to "serve you better" but they have now stopped carrying a variety of products I used to buy on a weekly basis ... to serve me better
    janetta, babyluck and Anna Michele like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

RCSS will not PM Giant Tiger, and a couple others.. I understand the stores point, but done advertise "Find a lower price we'll match it" because that is false advertisement and is subject to fines..
    Anna Michele likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bridges_48 View Post
    RCSS will not PM Giant Tiger, and a couple others.. I understand the stores point, but done advertise "Find a lower price we'll match it" because that is false advertisement and is subject to fines..
    RCSS in East London at Oxford St and Gammage, has price-matched every flyer that I have showed them, including several drugstores, hardware stores and more.
    Anna Michele likes this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by savabuck View Post
    The Freshco that I go to will not match the Shoppers Drug mart that right next door. The 2 NF close to me will not let me price match and use coupons, and now the WM that I go to will not accept the CZ coupon, it's getting very frustrating trying to save money.
    CZ coupons are only meant for specific stores (usually Loblaws stores). As such, Walmart can't recoup any money from the use of the coupon. So it makes sense they don't accept them any more.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I got the same response from No Frills once, they will not PM WM because it is not a grocery store. Never had an issue PM at RCSS or WM with any flyer, so I often tend to shop at either one of those 2 locations. Personally, I prefer RCSS in my area since they are familiar with me and they don't limit the PM quantities

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My Freshco has no problem matching WM, but they won't match SDM or Zellers because they don't consider them grocery stores.

They impose a limit of 3 items per price-match.

What I don't understand is why that limit is interpreted as items of the same brand. For example, if Campbell's soup is on sale at Sobeys, and I'm price-matching 3 chicken noodle and 3 tomato soup, why am I being told that they can only do three of Campbell's soup, period? If it's store policy, fine. But at least give me a decent explanation.

I've heard that they don't want customers clearing shelves - fine. But one flavour of an item that is on sale runs out frequently. Three chicken noodle is not going to clear the shelf of chicken noodle soups; nor is three tomato going to clear the shelf of tomato soup.

If they want to interpret it as the "same item," then they should be keeping track of their inventory with the same UPC. Obviously that is not going to happen - each UPC is unique. It's a double standard.

Anyhow, sorry for the rant!

[*A I M Z*]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information