User Tag List

Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    You must have the right growing conditions for the yucca to bloom. In the warmer parts of the USA, yucca is considered an invasive. Mine is really struggling.

Keep an eye out for Colorado potato beetles on the eggplant. I know someone who grew it, and the beetles decimated the plant. Is it the large or small eggplant? No one will eat it at my house (besides me), or else I'd try to grow it. Okra is a really neat plant too, but I have no use for it.
    Hmm I had no idea that they even bloomed at all. I'm in 5A. Lots of sand and a south facing back garden so the sun is blazing. I have two. The other is under a lilac tree and that one is struggling. I googled about it being invasive in the US after you mentioned it and it sounds like a nightmare. I pulled out two eunoymous bushes. Talk about invasive. The roots have travelled and are choking out the tree beside it. I hate that thing

Thanks for the heads up about the beetles. I have never grown one before. I have noticed that there are holes in the leaves so I'll have to keep my eye on it. I don't know what size it will be. I bought it in a planter at the greenhouse and the staff didn't even know it was an eggplant. It was a big planter for $15 with celery, eggplant, tomato and peppers in there. I needed another planter and at that price the plants were a bonus. I've split them all out and just left the celery in there on it's own.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Saw a flower today on one of my tomatoe plants!
    anisa and GoJays like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    oh no Sparrow! What a disappointment.
    Thank you, Sue! It was a huge disappointment. I told a number of people over the years how excited I was for that specific plant to bloom.

Maybe I'm hopeful or just stupid, because I'd like to get three more peonies for the yard this year. One of them, I'm going to order two of to make sure at least one of them grows.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not really "blooming", but I have so many hens & chicks! I'm being over-run.
    Natalka and attitash like this.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Queen View Post
    If you wait a few more weeks, they will bloom! I always thought the flower heads for hens and chicks were cute. They are so easy to transplant, if you want more in another place, just plunk a piece down and it will root easily. I would rather be overrun by hens and chicks than grass or weeds!
    attitash likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I think I'm the only person ever who has killed these off in my front garden....
    I just love them!

Nice to see pics and read of what everyone has in this thread.
    attitash likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you wait a few more weeks, they will bloom! I always thought the flower heads for hens and chicks were cute. They are so easy to transplant, if you want more in another place, just plunk a piece down and it will root easily. I would rather be overrun by hens and chicks than grass or weeds!
    It sucks when ya have practically no land so you are a container gardener. Oh well, I love seperating them. I still have more to seperate lol.

anisa, Kitty77, Natalka and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It sucks when ya have practically no land so you are a container gardener. Oh well, I love seperating them. I still have more to seperate lol.
    Aye Carumba! You weren't kidding when you said you were overrun by hens and chicks! They look great!
    anisa and attitash like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here are two hanging baskets I put together like a month and a half ago. I didn't feel like paying $20 per pre-made basket so I bought some cellpacks and made my own. They have been blooming nonstop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Snow Queen,

Those planters look wonderful! I love those colour combinations. I very rarely buy premade baskets...the only time was when I got a whole bunch of million bells in one and it would have cost more to buy them separately.

I noticed the dahlia in the bottom planter - are you going to try to save that over winter and plant it again next year? I was able to overwinter a few dahlia tubers.
    attitash likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Snow Queen,

Those planters look wonderful! I love those colour combinations. I very rarely buy premade baskets...the only time was when I got a whole bunch of million bells in one and it would have cost more to buy them separately.

I noticed the dahlia in the bottom planter - are you going to try to save that over winter and plant it again next year? I was able to overwinter a few dahlia tubers.
    Thanks for the reply ! I didn't know they could be saved. I will research on how I can save it for next year! Thanks! :D

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow! the clematis is sosossso beautiful,I love it! As to the second one, I also have no idea.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

My clematis are almost in bloom, I will take pics. tomorrow. Everything is early , my Annabelle hydrangeas are almost out, that's about 2 weeks ahead of usual.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My clematis has been in bloom for a few weeks. That is such a gorgeous flower! My peopnies are all starting to bloom. One of them has already finished! Dianthus is full bloom, poppies just came out too. . .which seems early to me? maybe not. .
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Something is eating my lupins (and nothing else) and I mean decimating them. . .any ideas?

Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread Information