User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Downy Unstoppables

OgresWife
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

I got a freebie in one of the sample boxes going around. I had to do laundry yesterday so I decided to try it out. Never having used Downy or anything like that before I read the packet about laundry soap use. It did not say anywhere on the packet about using less soap, same amount of soap or anything. So I cut back on the soap as well as only used a quarter of the packet (it said use the whole thing).

We don't have a dryer, so my laundry gets hung on drying racks. The smell of the Downy gagged my poor husband and cats out of the lviing room last night.

I will be passing along my sample I get from the Fb promo to a friend. I can't imagine a dryer would make much of a difference in the scent, but keep in mind I used a quarter of what it wanted me to.

Will not buy or tell anyone to buy this product. My living room still stinks.....
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Natalka, ssbean and tobiwobi like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, you were SO smart to not use the whole packet.

My son used the whole packet - and whilst the smell is nice from the packet, the clothes after just reek - it's SO nasty! He rewashed his clothes last night.
    He said during the day it wouldn't have been so bad if it were just his jeans/socks washed with it, but NOT a shirt - it was a polo shirt, so the way he said it "he was stuck with the stink in his face all day"!!!

Yeah, I have another sample coming too...

I just saw today on TV that Gain has a similar product.

I wonder why these companies think this is needed - after all, they go through so much making sure that detergent and fabric softeners smell good... why this now?

Hm... let alone people who need scent-free, which is a group which I thought was growing.
    matrix82, DianneS, PammieD and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I've often wondered what people are trying to cover up with this sort of thing. IN the ad it shows them putting a small amount or overflowing the cup, apparently it's up to you!

I've noticed either this or a variety of laundry detergent (could be Gain, since they're the ones that brag about being particularly fragrant), if I'm downwind from someone who's used some of that stuff, I'll definitely move!

I use plain old Tide and no fabric softers or sheets. I smell just fine!
    krysta lynne and ssbean like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I bought four bottles of Tide Free. Around each lid was tied a sample of Downy Unstoppables. I had to laugh!

On the bright side, I guess you'll be saving on air freshener at the same time. That stuff truly is unstoppable!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I love it...great for smelly football gear.
    matrix82 and es89 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I actually really loved this product my husband works construction and after a day of work his clothes usually stink of sweat so last weekend i tried on his work clothes and they dont stink they actually still have a pleasant scent i asked him if he had a light day at work or if he had ac in the house and he said no it was stinking hot ...i give the unstoppables 2 thumbs up

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 12:13 PM.
    solarpower, Natalka and gourmetsue like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I may have to try it on my husband's kitchen clothes, when washes his work clothes, I can't wash them with anything else cause they just stink of sweat and food, even after washed they still smell like staleness.
    Natalka likes this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

For those who like the scent but don't want to use it in the wash for whatever reason, add a few pieces to your disposable vacuum bag. You can also put a couple of pieces in a cotton or paper bag and hang it up in a closet, garage, car, etc..
    matrix82, Kitty77, Natalka and 4 others like this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used the whole package when I washed my bed sheets. I could smell the fragrance while it was in the washing machine, and also when the sheets came out of the dryer....but now it is 4 days since I did the laundry and the sheets no longer have the fragrance. Their marketing says the fragrance should last until the next wash! It hasn't even lasted 4 days!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    I used the whole package when I washed my bed sheets. I could smell the fragrance while it was in the washing machine, and also when the sheets came out of the dryer....but now it is 4 days since I did the laundry and the sheets no longer have the fragrance. Their marketing says the fragrance should last until the next wash! It hasn't even lasted 4 days!
    Maybe they think that we're washing our sheets every three days?
    matrix82, mulock and gourmetsue like this.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I hated this product, used the freebie that came on a bottle of Tide. The scent was overpowering, had to rewash my clothes. Never again!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use this product and like it very much only use a little and our clothes smell great . sorry for the people that have had a bad experience. HAVE A GREAT DAY.
    Ammu likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't used my sample yet. I don't really understand the point of this product. I think I'll use it next time I wash my curtains. I don't want to use it on anything that I wear or will be too close to. Thanks for the tip on not using the whole package!
    Kitty77 and gracesmommy like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Love it. Great smell, and I also have a hubby who's clothes smell even after washing them, and this actually eliminates the man smell that has a death grip on all his clothes....they actually smell clean now. This is a product I willingly paid full price for. Two thumbs up.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.
    gone shopping!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information