User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Any tips to become organized and be motivated to do some cleaning ....

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have this problem and try to search some psychologics and all sort of motivation to do it..any idea or tips will be appreciated
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Invite picky guests for the weekend. . .that usually motivates the heck out of me! lol

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Or invite your mother to come spend several weeks with you over the summer. You will either get it done before she gets here, or she will do it while she's here. LOL

(On my list to do before she comes...paint small bathroom, and paint tall spice shelf. Maybe paint den if I have any paint left over by then.)

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    Invite picky guests for the weekend. . .that usually motivates the heck out of me! lol
    That sounds like my friend's mom, who is constantly cleaning. She's run out of things to clean in her house so she washed her walls. Then, she decided to clean all three of her kids' houses because dust on the baseboards in the spare room set her off.

cath007, just do one project a week. Assign yourself 30 minutes max per day to work on it. Like this weekend, clean all your upstairs windows. During the weekdays, do the downstairs windows, or something like that...

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

It's a good topic. How much cleaning is enough? I spring-cleaned my 4 yr old's room in February. It's not even summer yet, I swear it needs to be done again. There are rooms I haven't even "spring-cleaned" yet. I could go bonkers.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I sent my kids away for the long weekend and literally cleaned for 4 days straight. Steam cleaning the carpets. Dusting places that are overlooked. A deep scrub to everything. I was EXHAUSTED after.

The kids came back, it's a month later and you couldn't tell I did anything.
    AmberLab, macw1960, DaveP and 1 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Flylady has some good tips.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Set a goal to do 5-10 things a day. After a week that is about 70 things total and your house should be clean by then!
    macw1960 and Darth Penguin like this.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Think small. I get overwhelmed (Thanks ADHD) but I make a list of everything that needs to be done and I'll warn DH that I'm on the war path and will be cleaning the house so he can expect to come home to an "in progress" mess. If I have papers to sort I'll get an basket / bag of each area that the papers are for..ie house receipts / car receipts / craft stuff. I make sure I gather stuff for like rooms in one space so when I'm going to that room it all goes into the basket and with me.

I also love being organized, so it doesn't take much motivation for me to do it, just to stay on one task at a time. I get the urge to organize everything at once

If all else fails, I invite my ADHD mum over and then it's a whirlwind off activity.
    Ciel and Candini like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    It's a good topic. How much cleaning is enough? I spring-cleaned my 4 yr old's room in February. It's not even summer yet, I swear it needs to be done again. There are rooms I haven't even "spring-cleaned" yet. I could go bonkers.
    Any spring cleaning is good. Just think that for every five minutes you spent recycling old magazines or wiping down a countertop, your home is five minutes cleaner than it was before.

No amount of cleaning is ever enough until you can close your house completely, and have a giant vacuum suck every piece of dust from your carpets, floorboards and vents. Then, have an automatic steam cleaner steam all your carpets, upholstery, and curtains. Finally, that spell that Dumbledore uses in Harry Potter to put everything back in it's place in about five seconds is needed to make your home just like the cover of Home & Garden.

Cleaning is one of those never ending tasks that you have to do continuously to keep clutter and mess at bay!
    AmberLab and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Thanks you all of you for yours comments and tips and point of view!!! Very Appreciated
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I usually wait for everyone to be out of the house, so nobodies in my way... then i crank the music and get right to it.
    macw1960, ninna, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Anyone have a coupon for a Dumbledore?

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

It's a British only freebie..
    AmberLab likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i cant stand a messy /disorganized house. which is extremely hard with three kids. So i do a top to bottom clean every other day. ( sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, organizing, polishing and the whole shebang)! totally stinks but well worth it.
    Candini likes this.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information