User Tag List

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

yikes still bad enough you spend that much on something then have to pay fees its so stupid

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by shirley_bee View Post
    I ordered an item on ebay for $201US + $166 shipping fees.
    Now I am super worried about what the custom fees are gonna be.
    The item at the brookstone website is valued at $599 (but is on sale for $299).

I called UPS and told them and asked if I would be able to clear my own customs when the item is shipped to Edmonton.
    She was very nice. She said i could call back with a tracking number when the item is shipping, but since its being sent to a resident rather than business, it has to be cleared before it comes in.
    She said it was hit or miss and I could ask them to leave it there for me to clear, but there is no guarntee it would be caught in time before it goes through on its own.
    Also, she said that the item may be at some other port other than Edmonton and I would have to travel to another city or province in some situations???

I told her the value I paid, she said for all items between $200 - $350, there is a flat rate of $52.50 on brokerage fees???

So if its only $52.50, why did some of you pay way more than that for your fees??

What should I do? I'm so scared the fee will be over $200!!
    What did you purchase? What is the size and weight?

Unless it is a grossly oversized product, $166 in shipping fees would indicate it is UPS express (if it is indeed UPS they are shipping with).

In that case you would NOT have to pay any extra fees, because these are covered in the cost.

If they have a lot of Canadian sales, Brookstone should also have learned to include the applicable taxes into their shipping price for UPS ground (that is they charge an additional % of the sales cost and pay our taxes for us before the item is shipped so there would be no surprise fees when the item arrives).

UPS ground (by truck) has a 5 business day guarantee.
    UPS express is about 2-3 business days I believe.

If the item was shipped UPS ground and you are indeed charged a fee, I would first contact UPS asking for a pardon if it is your first time (I have done so and it worked) and if the item is small, also contact brookstone to complain about the grossly inflated shipping price.

GOOD LUCK!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks Dawnikus, I didn't know you can clear your own packages! What a great thread. I also didn't realize that some companies don't charge brokerage and all those other fees! I order alot of stuff from the states and I just assumed all these fees were standard(never questioned it). I'll definatly make sure that I don't make this mistake in the future.

LivinLife
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live in Sask and am going to try to join the class action suit against UPS. This is info below for BC and Que. please read****

United Parcel Service Canada Ltd ("UPS")
    On February 19, 2007, Siskinds filed a class proceeding against United Parcel Service Canada Ltd. ("UPS") on behalf of Ontario residents and all other provinces (excluding BC and Quebec) with respect of the brokerage fee(s) charged on the shipment of goods from outside of Canada. The lawsuit further claims that UPS failed to obtain consumers’ consent to act as a customs broker; to disclose the existence and/or amount of the brokerage fee; and to provide consumers with the opportunity or disclose to them how to arrange for customs clearance by themselves.
    For further information concerning this action, please contact Vicky Theodos at 1-800-461-6166 ext 2385 or e-mail [email protected].
    If you have paid UPS brokerage fees in the province of BC and/or Quebec and would like more information, please contact:
    <TABLE><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>BC Residents:</TD><TD>Poyner Baxter LLP
    Barristers and Solicitors
    #408 - 145 Chadwick Court
    North Vancouver, B.C. V7M 3K1
    Phone: (604) 988-6321 Fax: (604) 988-3632

e-mail: [email protected]

</TD><TR vAlign=top><TD>QC Residents:</TD><TD>Siskinds Desmeules
    43 Rue Buade, Bur 320
    Quebec City, QC G1R 4A2
    Phone: (418) 694-2009 Fax: (418) 694-0281

Mr. Simon Hebert
    E-mail: [email protected]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Back to Siskinds Actions

http://www.classaction.ca/content/actions/ups.asp

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1764 View Post
    What did you purchase? What is the size and weight?

Unless it is a grossly oversized product, $166 in shipping fees would indicate it is UPS express (if it is indeed UPS they are shipping with).

In that case you would NOT have to pay any extra fees, because these are covered in the cost.

I bought an igallop (exercise machine), so it is fairly large and heavy. So that explains why the shipping cost was so much. It was UPS Ground.
    I bought it from Ebay since Brookstone doesnt deliver this product to Canada.

I'm super scared...but I talked to 3 different UPS reps and they all said it should only be $52.50.
    I really hope this is the case.
    I also asked why in the past I had to pay so much for other items. She lady said it depended on the materical of the product. Clothing usually has higher duty for some reason.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oh, I'm sorry I misread and thought you ordered from Brookstone...

It depends then the value and type of import the person marked. Imported merchandise over $20 will be taxed, and gifts over $60 will be taxed.

It's either no tax or $52.50 in your case.

Some ebay sellers will lower the value and mark items as a gift, but some (more specifically businesses) will not.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yeah the few random things I bought from ebay, the sellers have marked them as gifts for me.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I dont know it anyone else posted this but heres there rate schedule.
    This doesnt even include duties and taxes yet. Its ridiculous, esp when you start reading all the little extra fees they tack on, like the 4 something for COD, read at the bottom, then add your taxes and omg its ridiculous. Honestly were allowed to send 200 dollars to the USA before they even start to get charged customs, we should be on a level playing field both ways.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=760 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=566 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=422><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Rates do not include applicable duties or taxes.</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#996633 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10 colSpan=2></TD><TD width="100%">Entry Preparation Charges</TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" bgColor=#cccccc border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>Value for Duty
    CAD

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>UPS Standard Service and All Other Couriers/Transportation Companies*

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>UPS Worldwide Express Plus, UPS Worldwide Express, UPS Worldwide Express Saver, and UPS Worldwide Expedited Services

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>$0.00 to $20.00

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>$ -

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>Free<SUP>+</SUP>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>$ 20.01 to $40.00

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>$7.00

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>Free<SUP>+</SUP>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>$40.01 to $100.00

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>$19.45

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>Free<SUP>+</SUP>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>$100.01 to $200.00

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>$29.00

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>Free<SUP>+1</SUP>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>$200.01 to $350.00

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>$40.30

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>$350.01 to $500.00

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>$45.25

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>Free<SUP>+</SUP>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>$500.01 to $750.00

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>$51.45

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>$750.01 to $1,000.00

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>$57.55

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>$1,000.01 to $1,250.00

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>$63.75

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>$1,250.01 to $1,600.00

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>$67.75

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>$1,600.01 to $5,000.00

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>$71.45

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>Each additional $1,000

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>$5.55

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Bond Fees

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Customers are responsible for payment of duties and taxes. When funds are not provided in advance by the customer, and UPS must post a bond to allow UPS shipments to be released in advance of payment to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), a fee of 2.7 percent (minimum $5.85) of the amount advanced by UPS will be charged. To avoid bond fees call 1-800-PICK-UPS and ask about our EFT plans.</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#996633 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10 colSpan=2></TD><TD width="100%">Additional Services</TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" bgColor=#cccccc border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>Service

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>Charge

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>Duty and Tax Amendment

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>$50.00

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>Import Permits (each)

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>$23.00 each

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>Other Government Departments (O.G.D.) Processing Fee**

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>$16.00 each

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>Outport Entry Fee (for non-US carried shipments only)

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>$10.00 each

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>Low-Value Shipment Amendment

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>$5.00

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>Each additional classification line after first 5 lines*

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>$4.50/line

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>Collect On Delivery (C.O.D.) Fee for collecting import charges on delivery to avoid C.O.D. Fees and expedite the customs clearance of your shipments, call 1-800-PICK-UPS and ask about setting up a UPS Customs Brokerage/Importer Account.

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>$4.25

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#ffffff></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>Invoice Integrity Fee***

</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>$4.00

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#cccccc></TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Other Services are available. Additional charges may apply. Call 1-800-PICK-UPS for details.

Note: Additional charges may apply for shipments requiring Governmental Department clearance.

* The first five classification lines are included in this fee; line charges only apply from the sixth line.

** This fee applies to all Agriculture shipments including, but not limited to, those subject to Canadian Food Inspection Agency import requirements.

*** This fee may apply when the included documents are missing critical information and a telephone call is required to obtain the correct information. Examples of missing information include poor descriptions, no country of origin, missing quantities, etc.

Free+ - When UPS Customs Brokerage handles your imports, there is no Entry Preparation Fee for routine customs clearance of UPS Worldwide Express Plus, UPS Worldwide Express, UPS Worldwide Express Saver, and UPS Worldwide Expedited shipments, including up to five classification lines. Charges may apply for more complex customs clearance procedures.

Rates, charges, and services are subject to change without notice.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD><TD width=10></TD><TD vAlign=top width=134></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <!-- SearchBodyEnd -->
    </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3><TABLE class=ccfmbg1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That is really nuts!!!!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yep, I ordered shoes from the states last year worth 69 bucks and got charged 30 some odd dollars.

You really have to watch these companies, even the postal service. Ive been ordering from gymboree and it comes via mail and I realized yesterday that Ive been paying pst on these items, and kids clothing it pst exempt.

So are shoes under 30, and a list of other things. I plan on mailing the government back the slip with my invoices to get my money back. I love how quite clearly the customs sheet said childrens clothing then listed it all then canada customs fills out there sheet and puts ''womens clothing''

since when is a 2t boys shirt classified as womens clothing? Obviously just trying to make a few more bucks.

Even when you read this, youll realize theres a lot of even canadian stores that charge you the pst on these items.

http://www.rev.gov.on.ca/english/guides/rst/pdf/508.pdf
    Last edited by Sally888; Tue, Apr 22nd, 2008 at 10:27 AM. Reason: its all about the plastic

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

well, i guess i have to wait and hope for the best. I'll let you guys know.
    either I will be super angry or just mildly angry. lol

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well I just called UPS again. They said the total amount of duty, taxes, brokerage etc is gonna be $77.02.

Absolutely ridiculous, but still better than having to pay over $100, which is what I was most scared about.

RikkiRoo
    Hi there! I too am blown away by the ridiculous brokerage fees being charged to me.
    Today I came home to a yellow sticker stick to my front door from UPS stating they were here, and they there is $39.96 owed on my parcel for brokerage fees. The parcel is free map uploads from Garmin for our GPS. We did not pay for this, it's our free ones we're entitled too. But if we have to pay the $39.96 to UPS I may as well just pay Garmin for their newest upload and do it online. Totally defeating the purpose of being entitled to 2 free uploads. Come on.... it's 2 DVD/CD's. How big can the package be?? I could understand it if I received over night delivery or something, but it's taken them over 3 weeks to get this item to me. Poor, poor service!! I'm refusing the parcel when he comes back for his second attempt. UPS can absorb the additional cost of returning it back to the US themselves.
    I've got a call into Garmin and I want the DVD's mailed out to me through the Post Offices.

PS- I am a Letter Carrier with Canada Post. I deliver numerous parcels to customers doors, especially now with E-Bay. Canada Post does NOT charge the $5.00 fee, it's charged by Canada Customs, not the Post Office. we're just the ones stuck collecting it for Customs!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

RikiRoo, but Canada post collects it third party for them thats why we say Canada post, to save confusion. You have to pay it to Canada post you dont go pay Canada customs, Canada post forwards it to customs, but its a lot less confusing to say Canada Post charges this much.

ellet
    Hi all,

I ordered a bag from eBay and long story short, the b**** of a seller sent the item via UPS when I had the impression it would be shipped USPS. I have made purchases online before and KNOW USPS is the ONLY way to go.

What are my options? This is my first time getting an item from UPS - what are the chances of me having the brokerage fee waived if I tell them I had no prior knowledge of these fees (since I didn't know it would be shipped by stinkin' UPS)?

I live in Toronto, I could also clear the package myself I guess but I'm not sure where I would go for that?

Has anyone filed a charge back on their CC for these situations? I am not looking to scam the seller, I would give her the damn item back but I'd rather not give her my business AND pay 50% of the item's price in brokerage fees/duties.

Thanks in advance for any input

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information