User Tag List

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I have never written a rant on here but today I am so mad!!!
    I am selling a beautiful double bike trailer that we paid over $560 for $180. The women has been emailing me and setting up times and canceling !! Then today she is like I don't want it!! She asked me to take down the post and everything!
    So done!
    I am also selling a kids life jacket and the women is doing the same thing! Except she keeps telling me to go to a Starbucks far away from me to meet her!!
    What is wrong with people????
    Anyway, if I did not really really need the money I would just donate everything!!!
    thanks for letting me rant!
    I just re posted everything...so fingers crossed there are some good people out there (somewhere?)
    This thread is currently associated with: Starbucks

Trading Score
    412 (100%)

It's okay to rant, I find that there are a lot of tire kickers on kijiji. I always leave the posting up until the item is out of my house, I am so sorry that she asked you to take it down and backed out. I am sure you will sell it. There are a lot of rude people on kijiji but at the same time I have had a lot of success selling on there to some decent people. Good luck!!!
    Quickly & Easily Earn FREE $$ or Giftcards with Swagbucks.com

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Oh that sucks, sorry you've had such a bad experience.

I think some people are just scattered. My advice is to never go out of your way. You never know if the person is going to be a no show etc. so just plan around your schedule and near where you feel comfortable. No sense driving across town and waiting for someone who is not showing up.

I've interacted with some great people off kijiji and then a lot not so great people. I guess it's a hit & miss.

Good luck selling your items! I hope you find a serious buyer quickly.
    Last edited by bargain_hunter_lola; Wed, Jul 18th, 2012 at 11:46 AM.

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

I am sure you will find an owner soon!! Just do not delete your post until you get the money for it.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Good grief. I've had a lot of luck on Kijiji. Only the baby stroller was a pain. I kept re-posting then a lady finally wanted it for when her nephew visits. Turns out she lives on the same block as MIL so I dropped it off.

Don't take down an ad until CASH is in hand. You can put a note on the ad about the area you will travel to, "local delivery w/i 10 km" or no delivery. I had someone offer me a cheque once. Once I got to know him, it probably would have been fine, but I can't take that chance.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

I feel your pain on this one. People can be so inconsiderate and down right rude! I always have the problem with people not bothering to show up or asking for you to give them the item for basically nothing or free (even when your price is stated as FIRM). I donate ALOT but when I'd like to sell something of my own to put the money into my donation budget 9 times of 10 I get absolutely nowhere using kijiji!

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

One time I had a guy send me to the wrong address to pick up what I intended to buy, and the man who came to the door was far less than polite about someone coming to his house for some reason A simple sorry wrong address would've sufficed but I guess yelling and swearing is how you want to do it.

On the other hand, I had a really nice gentleman give me an 80 gallon aquarium for free for my hermit crabs. It was scratched but he thought it would be perfect for my hermies So far the good people have outweighed the bad but its the bad that have a way of ruining your day.
    Earn Paypal $ or Amazon gift cards every week doing searches and surveys with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/xXtiggerXx
    Earn quick money with short/easy surveys from Legerweb: https://legerweb.com/FOF6P

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

That's too bad. There are nice people out there.

People who, like you just want to get something for a price that they can afford.
    Last edited by nicolthepickle; Wed, Jul 18th, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
    Abby5 and abouret like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

sorry about that happened to you. I was selling a kids play tent once, and this lady didn't show up, i set up 3 times with her, and didn't show. I told her i would set up one more meet but if she didn't show i would sell to some one else, as i had a lot of interest in the tent. Well she did show up the 4th time, but was so mad and rude.
    i was frustrated after that, i haven't sold anything online since. I just donate it all.
    bullet tooth likes this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Sorry you had to deal with that! If your selling something don't take it off the site until it has been sold. Don't let that lady get to you. I am sure u will find a new owner soon.
    Abby5, bgheuchert, sharkie and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

We sold our puppies on there but my god were people dumb! I'd say to call & they'd email. One lady asked us to drive 3 hours to meet her half way from where she was from. Why would you look in Moose Jaw listings if you're from Alberta!? One guy asked if I would trade a wii & games for a dog! Most idiots I ignored but that guy I completely flipped out on.
    Then my FIL tried to sell a couple vehicles & not 1 person ever showed up out of the many that called him. Or people would call & offer ridiculously low amounts or want to trade thier crappy car. And I don't know how many scams we had to beg him not to accept!
    I also hate buying off kijiji cuz everytime I look for something people are selling it for brand new price! Like when I wanted a bookcase stereo, people are selling 10 year old ones for $150. As if! I finally found on for $30 though
    coupon girl and cdngal75 like this.
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Thanks for your comments everyone...reporting the life jacket now
    barginb likes this.

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

i've had some really great luck with kijiji too. a funny repsonse i got last year tho.. i was selling our fisher price rainforst baby swing and was firm on $50..i had someone email me twice asking to trade it to them for tattoo work. um...pass.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saveadollardiva View Post
    Sorry you had to deal with that! If your selling something don't take it off the site until it has been sold. Don't let that lady get to you. I am sure u will find a new owner soon.
    Or you can do like everyone else & even after it sells leave it posted & get mad when someone calls you about it
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I'm selling quite a few things on kijiji right now as we just bought new furniture I've had the strangest emails from people and they are dead serious.

- selling a popcorn machine for 175 (paid 500) had one lady asked if I wanted to trade for some lululemon clothing (used) umm.. no?

- same item had someone offer me 75 dollars as they would have to rent a truck to come pick it up..

- I had someone email about my roomba so I gave them my adress and agreed for them to pick it up friday evening, this was monday, they showed up monday and left a note saying they were in the area, again on wednesday rang my buzzer and left a voicemail and then again on thursday, i was at work all three times then I got serverl angry emails asking why i wasnt home, i tolsd him we had agreed on friday evening and then told him I would be selling to someone else, I didnt feel comfortable meeting him after all of that. I get a reply a few days later from a woman asking to come by to buy it, i happened to be free that night so we agreed on 50 dollars and she came by with her husband.. who happened to be that same man and he had no problem telling me that and giving me attitude and that after all of that only wanted to give me 40 dollars.. i just about walked away.. they ended up buying it for 50 but jeez what a weird experience.
    niro_anan, DaveP, BC Gal and 3 others like this.

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information