User Tag List

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

my best advice it to put at the bottom of your replies, " please reply with your phone number" and then the serious people will reply with their phone number and you can call them, the tire kickers reply with " still available?" to which I reply " call me at ( my phone number) .." if they are serious then they call... if not then they dont

talking over the phone generally makes people more serious about it and actually show up.
    Abby5 likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kt_9333 View Post
    my best advice it to put at the bottom of your replies, " please reply with your phone number" and then the serious people will reply with their phone number and you can call them, the tire kickers reply with " still available?" to which I reply " call me at ( my phone number) .." if they are serious then they call... if not then they dont

talking over the phone generally makes people more serious about it and actually show up.
    We have an listed number. I don't want them calling me all the time. A friend gives her number and a guy bought something from her and it broke. He kept calling and calling at all hours for his money back. I could not handle that!!
    But I am glad it works for you

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by gracesmommy View Post
    i've had some really great luck with kijiji too. a funny repsonse i got last year tho.. i was selling our fisher price rainforst baby swing and was firm on $50..i had someone email me twice asking to trade it to them for tattoo work. um...pass.
    I had someone offer to trade a puppy for an item I had posted. I have had some unreasonable/low offers on things too like the OP which is upsetting and people not showing up when you went out of your way to be home, arrgh. But have had some good transactions too. You can try your local paper also if you live in a smaller town you might have better luck.
    Abby5 likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    I had someone offer to trade a puppy for an item I had posted. I have had some unreasonable/low offers on things too like the OP which is upsetting and people not showing up when you went out of your way to be home, arrgh. But have had some good transactions too. You can try your local paper also if you live in a smaller town you might have better luck.
    My local paper is crazy expensive! Nuts to pay $45 for a 15 word ad!
    I am glad you have had some positive people I am meeting 2 people today for sure hopefully 2 more! Then my air conditioner repair bill can be paid

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kt_9333 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    We have an listed number. I don't want them calling me all the time. A friend gives her number and a guy bought something from her and it broke. He kept calling and calling at all hours for his money back. I could not handle that!!
    But I am glad it works for you
    I agree, I wouldn't want them calling me and I wont call other people.

With 2 little ones at home, phone calls just disturb our routine. It's bad enough family/friends/telemarkers calling, I dont want randoms off kijiij calling also. lol. But maybe that's just because I'm anti-phone. Seriously I HATE the phone, we have ONE phone in the house and it's set to low ringer. We have caller ID but even then most calls go to the answer machine, I'm not going to stop what I'm doing to run to the phone. lol.

I check my email multiple times throughout the day so if I can't contact via email I dont even bother. Along with Abby's point if people aren't happy or if they are just strange, you can ignore emails much easier than multiple calls or god forbid they look up your address (I never allow people to come to my house, always pick a meeting place for exchanges).
    Abby5, Ciel and Granger like this.

Trading Score
    130 (96%)

The biggest problem I have had selling stuff on kijiji is after the buyer gets to my place, they choose then to start haggling over price. Its like DUDE! You are already getting a good deal, don't be a douche!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

i have baught and sold on kijiji alot over the last couple years used it to get the money i needed to move into a new apartment but the weirdest request i had i was selling a few peices of langerie that came in a grab bag i baught isted for $20.. i had a guy ask me if he could pay me in ravioli intead of cash as he didnt want to leave a paper trail for his wife to find out he was getting it for his mistress... i laughed told hm cash only and he actually kept trying to convince me oh but it equals to $20 still i can do 20 cans...needless to say i sold elsewhere but it was a good laugh

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smurf8488 View Post
    i have baught and sold on kijiji alot over the last couple years used it to get the money i needed to move into a new apartment but the weirdest request i had i was selling a few peices of langerie that came in a grab bag i baught isted for $20.. i had a guy ask me if he could pay me in ravioli intead of cash as he didnt want to leave a paper trail for his wife to find out he was getting it for his mistress... i laughed told hm cash only and he actually kept trying to convince me oh but it equals to $20 still i can do 20 cans...needless to say i sold elsewhere but it was a good laugh
    Okay, that may be the funniest thing I've heard in a while. lmao.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

When I sell items on Kijiji, I put 'fine print' in my ads. I state things like "serious inquiries only", "firm" to a price that I'm not budging on, "buyer must pick up, no delivery" etc. I refuse to provide my phone number to strangers to sell something. All the information they could possibly need is in the ad, and if they have any other questions, they can ask them in email. Only when the sale & price is agreed upon, and we discuss available time for them to pay for & pick up the item will I provide them with an actual address; I use a postal code for a location that is about 5 minute walk from me in the ad so they should already know where I am.

Only one time did I receive a stupid reply to an ad. I had posted an exercise bike for sale and had someone send me a message asking if it was 'such & such model' (I posted numerous pictures for heaven's sakes) and had the nerve to ask if I could find them a manual for the model number they provided. Needless to say I did not even waste my time responding.

I also will not remove my ads until the item is paid for & picked up. If a buyer cannot commit to a date/time as they need to speak to a spouse/friend/someone to be able to get an idea of when they _might_ buy it, I let them know that if someone else is interested and able to buy/pick up prior to them setting up a confirmed appointment, that I will sell it, but let them know if it does sell (this has happened before).

When I first started selling things, I always tried to keep to the 'first response gets first dibs' and lost out on selling to others because of it.
    Abby5 and bullet tooth like this.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Abby5 likes this.

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

LOL

There's always a first time!

Ravioli & Some Ragu for tip pls
    Abby5 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hear you! I had a frustrating experience as well. A woman posted two bar stools for $40 and when I got to her home she said that it was actually $40 a chair. That was fine but she wasn't the least bit apologetic and actually seemed annoyed that I wasn't going to hand over $80 for the simple wooden stools. I think people forget that other people's time has value. Have people meet you at a location that is convenient for you and I agree, don't take it down until it has sold. Good luck
    Abby5, Ciel and bullet tooth like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Sold three things today!! I hope I am on a roll

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sorry to hear that op. I know some people are inconsiderate.

I was looking at posting a wanted ad on Kijiji because we are looking for a good rocking chair for the nursery. The way Kijiji has things organized by major city, I have to pick Regina (which is 2 1/2hrs away) when posting the wanted ad. Any suggestions?
    Abby5 and bullet tooth like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I once emailed the seller of a newer Volvo car that was listed very cheap and asked to set up a time that we could come have a look at it. I received a quick reply back with blunt instructions on how to send the money to their Paypal account and they wanted my address for "shipping". Yikes!

When I was looking to buy a tricycle on Kijiji I found one for $25. I arranged to meet the lady at her house the next day, Saturday at 1pm. Around 12:30 on Sat. I get an email from her saying she decided to have a yard sale and she put the trike out with everything else at 7am....and no apologies. I never replied back but was ticked.
    As we pulled up to her yard sale we could she the trike from the curb. It was still there. My husband walked up, asked what she wanted for it, she said $10, so he quickly paid and left. Better deal for us but had she kept our appointment she could have gotten $25 from us. Maybe she had several no shows and decided to try her luck at the yard sale.

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information