User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

My son has been dry during the days for a long time now, but has always worn pullups at night. We are now working at making him dry through the night, it is going really well much better and faster than we dared hope.

My question is that I have two packs of pullups and three packets of wipes that are unopened. Unfortunately I have thrown away the receipt. What are the chances of me taking them back and getting a credit note for the amount (I don't expect to be able to get the cash back, but a voucher would be good).

I bought them at Superstore, will they take them back or would I be better tring somewhere like Walmart. New they are about $36 for the diapers and wipes, so I really don't want to write the value off.

TIA.
    This thread is currently associated with: Huggies, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Walmart

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i think the best is to go to the store you bought it

i sent back things i bought at Jean Coutu, Walmart
    and my mom at Canadian Tire

both times the refund was===to chose something the same value

maybe you can buy Christmas gifts or grocerie fo the same value....t's better than nothing.

Good Luck
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Actually I think that if you take it back to a store where you didn't purchase it, that will be recognized in the system. I tried to return a faulty air conditioner to the Superstore once with the box that it came in and couldn't find my receipt and was told that without a receipt they couldn't refund my money even though I had my Credit Card Statement. I was told that while a Credit Card statement shows a purchase it doesn't state where the purchase was made. They would have given me the amount in store credit however. Thankfully I eventually found my original receipt, and was able to get the money back. So I don't forsee you having a problem returning pull ups and wipes.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    130 (100%)

Walmart will take your stuff back without a receipt, but will give you a giftcard for the lowest "sale price" of the item.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

ToysRus will also issue you store credit for the lowest sale price in their system.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

On the weekend at Walmart I returned something I bought on sale for Christmas for which I didn't have the receipt. I told the lady I bought it at another store, she said she already knew this because it beeped when she scanned it. I also told her I bought it on sale - She gave me a gift card for the amount they were selling the item for which was about $25 more than what I had paid.

She said the refund had to be for the amount they are currently selling the item for.

So, I bought some of the Glad Candles with the $5 gc form using the gift card I got for my return.

If Superstore does not accept a return without a receipt - try walmart.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I returned a box of diapers from Wal-Mart in Kirkland, Qc. My son outgrew them. She asked me when we purchased them. I said about 1-2 months ago. I got the full price back. They had been on sale, but a few weeks ago. Who keeps the receipt for diapers? The box was unopened.
    Wal-Mart is good at returns with no recipts if new, unopened, undamaged goods. They wil give you a gift card. Like we will never shop at Walmart again, eh?
    Canadian Tire is ok about returns with no bill, it just depends on which one you go to. The Kirkland one is awesome.
    If Superstore hassles you, and will not issue you a credit, call the head office.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good luck, without bill! I suggest to sell your things on classified adds or ebay.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

None of the stores in my area gives a refund, or gift card for that matter, without proof of purchase

S J
    Female
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Walmart gave me a hard time once I just wanted to change size of swimmimg diapers, I wanted a bigger size sealed pack still gave me a lecture cause I didnt have the receipt............your best bet got to superstore.

Thread Information