• 2 Post By bargain_hunter_lola
  • 2 Post By joseff
  • 1 Post By joseff
  • 1 Post By dizzyb

Thread: Zellers closing sale at Cataraqui Town Centre

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Zellers at the Cataraqui Town Centre started their closing sale today; 10-40% off the entire store. Toys and clothes for kids and adults are 20%; diapers and food are 10% and stationary (back to school stuff) is 30%.
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Thanks for the thread! Great idea!

I was in yesterday and looked around a bit but I didn't see any good deals. It seemed like a lot of things were marked up and then had 10%-20% off. Not good enough deals for me, at least not yet.

Now that they have the closing sale, they aren't participating in any flyer deals which kind of sucks because some of the flyer deals are better than their closing deals.

Hopefully they go to 50-60% off soon.
    Shwa Girl and Panthera like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Now that they have the closing sale, they aren't participating in any flyer deals which kind of sucks because some of the flyer deals are better than their closing deals.

Hopefully they go to 50-60% off soon.
    You are right.
    Seems other SCs are saying the same - the deals are not really deals, especially when you can beat the store closing sale with a regular flyer sale. Price match, I guess.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

when does zellars close in kingston?
    http://superpoints.com/join/klsmyr
    Bonus 25 point superpoints invite!!!
    Check out my trade list!!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I thought it was sometime in October, but not sure...

I"m still waiting for decent sales! Their toys are only 30% off and marked WAY up. Not a good deal at all.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

i went today and all of their kids clothes were marked down to 50% which was pretty good
    http://superpoints.com/join/klsmyr
    Bonus 25 point superpoints invite!!!
    Check out my trade list!!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I popped in yesterday too but still didn't find any really good deals.

The signs now says: 40-70% off. Didn't see anything for 70% off. Most things were 40% off.

I checked out their chairs and ottoman's etc. DH & I bought the exact same ottoman there with that 50% FB coupon for $35, now even with the discount it's still double that. lol. The chairs are still $100. The toys are now 40% off but still overpriced. Was hoping to get DD a bike for next Easter but they are still $60!

Not good enough deals for me yet. lol

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Zellers here will be closing Oct 15th.
    Personally, I can't wait for Target to come in but that will be six to nine months I've been told.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

walking through the Zellers store every other day.....the end of a Canadian icon.....I feel for the people losing their jobs soon, who are still coming to work every day and watching their store slowly turn into a ghost...

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by joseff View Post
    walking through the Zellers store every other day.....the end of a Canadian icon.....I feel for the people losing their jobs soon, who are still coming to work every day and watching their store slowly turn into a ghost...
    I feel for those employees, too. Some that I've talked to have other jobs lined up, but they seem to be the exception rather than the norm. Many of the clerks seem drained and over-tasked. I commend them for preventing the place from becoming a sty! Yeah, things can be hard to find (departments have gone out the window!), but the messes seem to be kept at a minimum. They've been reorganizing as the discounts get larger. Ie. the women's clothing department is now being arranged by size, rather than by style.
    I can't imagine the majority of customers are being particularly responsible about returning unwanted items to their proper place, either...
    6 days left. I'll be popping in a few more times yet in the hopes that the items I'm eyeing will drop in price one more time. Assuming nobody else wants these, that is--there seem to be a lot of them!
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

"I'll be popping in a few more times yet in the hopes that the items I'm eyeing will drop in price one more time. Assuming nobody else wants these, that is--there seem to be a lot of them!"

we've already stocked up on Maxx Scoop cat litter when it dropped to 5.39 (now you can't find any) and yesterday bought two Mr Goudas flour for 5.39 and some coffee at 6.47...not huge deals but we use it and it's expensive if we need it and it's not on sale anywhere...if we waited, it'd be gone
    The paper products are still pretty high though, and I haven't found anything in clothing for months anyways, I'd just be tempted to buy cuz it's cheap! (and then it sits in the dresser til I donate again)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Agreed re: paper products: toilet paper still isn't even Walmart's typical sale price. *sigh*
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Was in the other day and picked up a few small items, simply because I was there and my mom was getting things too. Normally it wouldn't be worth standing in those crazy lines.

I still haven't seen any outrageously good deals. Tide for $4.99??? WM had the same size for $3.99 last month and I was able to use $1 off coupons.

I did grab 1 thing of coffee (just because we needed some and I was there) and a pair of shoes for DS's baptism (haven't seen white boys dress shoes many places so $10 was a decent deal for not having to run around and search) and then a few packs of Thank You cards for $0.75 (pretty good deal but not fantastic).

I was looking at the parsons bonded leather chairs but the sets are still $60. WM has them on for $30-39 often and you can pick your colour (not just whats left) and if they are scratched or missing parts you can return them.

I'm really hoping Target stays true to its US counterpart - I LOVE that store! In fact, I'll be making a trip down in a few weeks for Christmas shopping.

Thread Information