User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Pls do not copy trains

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

In response to Leymi15's post:

At first I wasn't too sure about the rainbow concept. But when I read all the following posts, I think I get it now. Maybe that's the problem? People dont quite get the concept if they just read the first post.

If I understand correctly, you want each rider to send their coupons in packaging of their respective colour. For example, if I am the purple rider then I send all my bundles in something purple (either purple envelopes or purple note cards within a baggie).

Other than that, the train looks good to me. I find a big deterrent for me lately is wishlists. I usually dont have 3-4 for each rider since everyone wants the same coupons (or so it seems sometimes).

Hope your train fills quickly for you!
    Last edited by bargain_hunter_lola; Sun, Sep 2nd, 2012 at 08:08 AM. Reason: thought I hit reply with quote.

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Thats why when I saw this a while ago, I had to let Lola know! So not cool, I was fuming seeing it was copied word for word including formatting style....

I don't like to tattle tell, but in this case.... I felt it was a must; a responsibility to bring it to Lola's attention....

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I dont think the problem is having similar bits, I mean there's only so many ways you can say certain things. The problem is exact copying or copying very unique ideas.

For example:

My train created on August 8th: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/311861-...-train-canada/

Another train created on Aug 20th: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/313933-...-train-canada/

Except for some graphics and the disclaimer (where I ask people not copy my trains) they are the EXACT same. Word for word. This is an example of "copy & pasting". Now if it was re-written in the conductors own words, it wouldn't be such a problem. And not to pick on this conductor, I could post loads of examples!!! This is just the most recent I've seen. I used to try and ignore it but I'm done with that. Being polite seems to allow people full reign, so if I see if I will point it out in the thread from now on. There's simply NO NEED for it.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

I'm trying to host my first train, and coming up with my own idea's i've been just looking at a lot of different trains and there's a lot that are almost word for word, i'm trying to do something completely different and it's tough but i will do it.
    KK7 likes this.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Diannes: The share your breakfast train was mine. I did not intentionally copy the title or the train for that matter as I really did not see your train in the train thread. It’s not unusual to name trains with the reward name. Sorry if this accident offended you.

On the other hand, I do owe an apology for liking a train so much that I used much of it to create my own. I was still new at conducting and really thought that kind of train was standard like traditional and vwl, I realize now that its not and I do feel terrible about it! So to you (you know who you are) I say I’m really sorry!
    FallenPixels likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I think a good thing would be for conductors to put their usernames in train titles which most do anyway to differentiate them

I think the bigger issue is copying the whole train post
    Jezebel likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    390 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by IMLN View Post
    Diannes: The share your breakfast train was mine. I did not intentionally copy the title or the train for that matter as I really did not see your train in the train thread. It’s not unusual to name trains with the reward name. Sorry if this accident offended you.

I was on a "share your breakfast" train about a year ago. (hosted by Spikesfrugalside) Sometimes it really is difficult to know who started which ideas.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

to be honest if you want to steal my train ideas go right ahead just as long as you don't take all the glory for it there is bigger things to worry about.....for example Spikesfrugalside has not beeen seen or heard for a while and funny you brought her up because she is on my mind alot she has cancer and to me that is a problem not these silly petty things but that is only my opinion.
    Bear25, coyote00, nat77 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    390 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    to be honest if you want to steal my train ideas go right ahead just as long as you don't take all the glory for it there is bigger things to worry about.....for example Spikesfrugalside has not beeen seen or heard for a while and funny you brought her up because she is on my mind alot she has cancer and to me that is a problem not these silly petty things but that is only my opinion.
    I didn't realize she was sick! I've also been wondering where she went. It's such an odd thing to be "online friends" with people. I talk to many sc'ers here more than I talk to my "in person" friends and would be devasted if anything happened to any one of them.

If you happen to hear from Spike, please let her know that I'm sending positive thoughts and energy her way.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I will nat awhile back I started a thread if anyone has heard from her I posted a message in April on her page and nothing : ( and last activity was Jan. Hopefully she is just really busy and will come back to say hello she is a very kind and generous SC'er.
    nat77 and K8's Fate like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

True, copying trains is small in the grand scheme of things but it doens't make it okay. I work hard and to have people blatanly copy my work, isn't fair.

Again I dont think having similar ideas is the issue. It's the exact copying of trains. If you can't be bothered to write out your own train, then that says something.

I didn't have any contact with spike but I hope she's doing okay and just moved on from SC (as people often do).

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

ok now I see it more ; )
    nat77 and pumpkin9211 like this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This thread needs a bump!
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Bumples
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    327 (100%)

I think I'm totally guilty of this. I know I asked Bargain Hunter Lola for permission to run Bingo trains but other than that, I don't believe I made an effort to ask anyone else. I know I don't have a creative or imaginative bone in my body, so I'm sure I've used many people's ideas. I'm super sorry for this and I will try to be more aware from now on. I know I really liked Bargain's idea for her CT train, so I guess I kind of copied that. Sorry Bargain_Hunter_Lola!

I will re-word my current train tonight when I get home.

Sorry again everyone! Thanks for bringing it to our attention though. I was really unaware it was so frustrating for people, but I also can see that it would be.
    shop my webstore:
    www.sheenakoe.shopregal.ca

Use this code to save at Well.ca:
    spend40save10now

Trading Score
    390 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponsrule View Post
    I think I'm totally guilty of this. I know I asked Bargain Hunter Lola for permission to run Bingo trains but other than that, I don't believe I made an effort to ask anyone else. I know I don't have a creative or imaginative bone in my body, so I'm sure I've used many people's ideas. I'm super sorry for this and I will try to be more aware from now on. I know I really liked Bargain's idea for her CT train, so I guess I kind of copied that. Sorry Bargain_Hunter_Lola!

I will re-word my current train tonight when I get home.

Sorry again everyone! Thanks for bringing it to our attention though. I was really unaware it was so frustrating for people, but I also can see that it would be.

I think your train is a little different than BHL's anyway.... But, you did ask her permission, so really, there isn't a problem.... You're just being silly BOTH trains are awesome ideas--I remember really wanting to join BHL's when she posted hers, but I had just spent all of my CT $$ after then last scratch event.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information