User Tag List

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Cuisinart Espresso maker EM-100C

Around Christmas time when my mom and dad (Italian) *LOL* came for a visit they where so disappointed in the coffee I make *LOL* they are used to espresso!!
    Anyways Canadian Tire had the Cusinart one for sale, but it was almost $250.00 excluding taxes. So no way this was too much for me.

So I told my DH whenever this machine comes on sale I will get it!!

So when it was on sale at Canadian Tire for $ 169.99 I ordered it,
    when it came it looks awesome.
    I washed everything and made the first coffee wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!
    the coffee had a plastic taste that made me gag.... and it got worse when the machine got warmer.
    I was almost ready to pack it in and send it back.

but went on researching again. Found a message board where they where talking about this specific problem.
    Well I found out that this is just temporary and it should stop within a week.

After 4 days the coffee was GOOD <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape class=inlineimg id=_x0000_i1025 title=Smile style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="</v:shape>
    I love it. The taste is gone and the coffee is good. And now about after 3 months plus it’s still running strong.<o:p></o:p>
    The only thing that you have to make sure is to fill the little basket full, if not the wholes will block and the coffee will not run out.

So my review turns out positive. Love this machine.
    here is a link to the machine
    http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...08474396672140

if you want to get one wait until it's on sale and then buy it through SC cashback
    <v:shape class=inlineimg id=_x0000_i1026 title=Smile style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="</v:shape>
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire, Microsoft

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

yeah, coffee makers can have a taste to it at the begining. Good thing you hung in there. The more expensive machines advise you to do at least 10 run throughs before drinking the coffee, as it filters out and cleans the machine.

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

OH NO
    the Espresso maker just stopped working this morning.
    and that before my coffee

Called Canadian tire and guess what if you shop online the waranty from the store is only 90 days.

so I called Cuisinart and I had to send the machine in.
    rushed to town and it's on the way. had to enclose $10.00 for return shipping.
    so hopefully I will get my coffemaker back soon.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I bought a cusinart coffeemaker at starbucks on the weekend, it was $89.99 on sale and came with a free bag of coffee. Works pretty good so far.

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I bought a cusinart coffeemaker at starbucks on the weekend, it was $89.99 on sale and came with a free bag of coffee. Works pretty good so far.
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I want that I'm having espresso Withdrawal

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

We had expresso beans in it last night.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a Saeco, was worth 450 $ back in 2000, but I used points to get it, and before I did , I went online to read reviews of everyone who had purchased different brands of espresso machines, finally Saeco came out on top of all the other brands. Mind you at the time I would never have dished out so much for a coffee maker but after my very first coffe which did not taste like plastic I was sold.
    It has been working since 2000 , never had any problems ( touch wood ) and just absolutely love it, I rarely make espresso with it I just use the same amount of coffee for one cup of espresso but use a normal cup and let the machine fill it, it is the best regular coffee I have tasted.

Back in 2000 if it weren't for the points I would never have bought a 450 $ machine but now that I know the difference in taste I would buy it in a flash, I had just about every type of coffee maker you can think of but nothing beats this one.

Also I make my own blend of coffee beans at the grocery store where they sell Van Houtte, so I mix cappucino coffee beans with chocolate coffee beans and house blend ( mellow ) and a bit of Napolitano coffee beans

I don't really know what the machie's costs today, but if mine breaks down and could not be replaced I would definitely buy another from Saeco
    Last edited by MissGodiva2u; Mon, Dec 8th, 2008 at 05:51 PM.

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MissGodiva2u View Post
    I have a Saeco, was worth 450 $ back in 2000, but I used points to get it, and before I did , I went online to read reviews of everyone who had purchased different brands of espresso machines, finally Saeco came out on top of all the other brands. Mind you at the time I would never have dished out so much for a coffee maker but after my very first coffe which did not taste like plastic I was sold.
    It has been working since 2000 , never had any problems ( touch wood ) and just absolutely love it, I rarely make espresso with it I just use the same amount of coffee for one cup of espresso but use a normal cup and let the machine fill it, it is the best regular coffee I have tasted.

Back in 2000 if it weren't for the points I would never have bought a 450 $ machine but now that I know the difference in taste I would buy it in a flash, I had just about every type of coffee maker you can think of but nothing beats this one.

Also I make my own blend of coffee beans at the grocery store where they sell Van Houtte, so I mix cappucino coffee beans with chocolate coffee beans and house blend ( mellow ) and a bit of Napolitano coffee beans

I don't really know what the machie's costs today, but if mine breaks down and could not be replaced I would definitely buy another from Saeco
    I have 4 coffemakers but love the espresso the best, we just drink espresso, and now I had to houl out my old one regular filter coffee
    the other two are the once with the pods and this morning the coffee was tasting so bad
    I just hope they will mail me my cuisinart back soon. it went expetidet so they should have it in max 2 days

Thread Information