User Tag List

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Check Out 51 - Free grocery rebate app!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    273 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by darlenegrigg View Post
    Can you use your computer. I don't have the right cell phone service....pay as you go
    Yes, Please help!

Can I use computer? I have no cell phone service.

Thanks a lot!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    that sounds waaaay too good to be true.. think about how people will abuse this, buy the stuff take ur pic and then return it all
    and ur making money that way

how on earth is checkout 51 going to make any money off us? seems way too good to bed true.. and whats this you only have 6 days to do it? does it change every week i wondeR?

'Offers only valid for purchases made in Canada between 12:00 AM EST December 6 2012 - 11:59 PM EST December 12 2012. Receipts must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST December 12 2012."
    Have been doing this program since August. You need to send a picture of your receipt with the item circled. Products change every week Thurs-Wed. You can pick and choose what you want to buy. Have gotten cheques from them. It's great to use coupons with the item and have gotten tons of stuff almost free or free. How they make money off of it? Thinking the manufacture of the products are involved. I really like the program as long as you don't mind doing a little bit of work.
    Ebates Rocks!! Shop online & get cash back...
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=4GCxUWjWWJs%3D

Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Hmmm... I agree that this sounds suspicious to me also.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

all you have to do is ask the companies involved and you should have your answer

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can you blank out all the other items on the receipt? I don't want them knowing everything that I buy.

Just like I don't have a Shopper's Drug Mart Optimum Card. I don't want companies having a database of what I buy.
    Obviously, they are making money off this scheme somehow. Nothing is "truly" free.

I use coupons occasionally, but at least they are anonymous. This isn't.

On the surface, it looks like a good deal, but I would just be concerned with them having information about all the items that I buy (on the receipts).
    Last edited by gordholio777; Fri, Dec 7th, 2012 at 08:18 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I'm a beta member as well and I love their program. Customer service has been really great and they always respond to my questions within 24 hours. The cheques are sent really fast. On the first cheque, they mis-spelled my name. Email them, and they sent me another one right away. Really....you don't have anything to lose. You don't need to buy what's on their list every week to stay in the program....just what you need. If you are afraid of sharing too much information or not getting your money, then make a separate transaction for that one or two items you were planning to buy anyways (of course use coupons if there are any) and submit that. They will only ask for your address once you hit $20. Believe me....you will reach $20 really fast. (Just look how much $ we use in coupons! )

The fact that we submit our address so often for free samples, I don't think this is too much information.

I find that Checkout51 to be similar to Ebates. Only you're dealing with groceries, not retailers. I love both programs. It is a bit more work but I find that it's worth it. I use these cheques to save for "family outings".

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

On the app description it says it's for ipad too, but it isn't...it's not showing on ipad, only good for iphone for now.
    hcao likes this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I'm trying to find the app in the app store on my iPad and I can't find it.

Trading Score
    119 (100%)

People having trouble finding the app using an ipad, launch safari, bring up facebook, find checkout51's page. click on "get the app". That should work. Let me know, if not maybe they've changed something.
    Ladybug2011 likes this.
    Dropbox Referral Link Here

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

This is an amazing IDEA.

Its horrible. Its compeltely unfair to those of us who refuse to get "smart" (stupid) phones. I'm not paying $1000+ for some stupid iphone or blackberry when my current cell phone is doing a great job. I'm pay as you go so I would have to fork out the money to purchase the phone out right.

If they weren't so selective and only allowed their members to be iphone users then I would be all over this and jumping up and down. Until they realise there are other people out there who would like to save too and don't have a stupid phone I'm not very happy and I'm sure there will be many people with me.
    Last edited by PurpleBunny89; Fri, Dec 7th, 2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Spelling
    jenberly and xssavings like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (67%)

Can't wait for android... will try it on my dads phone
    Swagbucks is awesome! Get free stuff from searching the web! Join HERE: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sydnurbin
    Earn Money from viewing ads! Join Clixsense HERE: http://www.clixsense.com/?4680896

emg
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Can you buy the items at any store?
    Thinking of opening an ING account use this number 35728975S1 and both of us get a $50!! dollar bonus.

Savingyourhardearnedmoney
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by emg View Post
    Can you buy the items at any store?
    Yes, I love that. Even Costco!

Savingyourhardearnedmoney
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    This is an amazing IDEA.

Its horrible. Its compeltely unfair to those of us who refuse to get "smart" (stupid) phones. I'm not paying $1000+ for some stupid iphone or blackberry when my current cell phone is doing a great job. I'm pay as you go so I would have to fork out the money to purchase the phone out right.

If they weren't so selective and only allowed their members to be iphone users then I would be all over this and jumping up and down. Until they realise there are other people out there who would like to save too and don't have a stupid phone I'm not very happy and I'm sure there will be many people with me.
    I totally get what you are saying! Smartphones are expensive! I don't have one either. I was able to be part of the Beta testing group so we emailed a photo of our receipt and can continue doing it if we like. Too bad that's not an option, huh? Maybe they will make it one eventually?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    179 (100%)

Thanks for sharing...I'm really excited to start using their program.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information