User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is new Target RBC MasterCard good news for Canucks?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - 5% rewards are attractive

1 25.00%
  • NO - Target stores are too far away

1 25.00%
  • YES - Will force Cdn retailers to improve their rewards

0 0%
  • NO - Target Canada prices will still be higher than in U.S.

2 50.00%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Official Credit Card Info/Sign Up Thread

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FLA View Post
    Thanks for the detailed answer!

I usually save my Aeroplan miles for long haul flight such as from Ottawa to San Diego, which costs $750 to $850 for a round trip ticket during busy time. If I use Aeroplan miles, it only costs 25000 miles + $150. so in my situation, I get 2 to 3 cents per mile. That is way I always transfer my points to Aeroplan.
    Yea, in a situation like that you're getting more value from Areoplan and Air Canada Partners (one of the perks of the airline partnering so closely with the program). It'd be nice to see Scotiabank allow transfers to Areoplan at some point (their program is relative new, shoot them an email about it!) to at least give more options.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here's a template email you could use in emailing Scotia Rewards from their contact form

Quote Originally Posted by For Scotiabank Customer
    Hi Scotiabank Employee!

I just wanted to give a shout out as a Scotiabank customer that I'm pretty excited about your rewards product, but would be interesting in seeing some more choice in options for the points earned.

I wanted to give some input hoping that at some point in the future you'd provide the option to transfer out Scotia Rewards points to Areoplan miles. I know AmEx's own points program already allows a 1:1 transfer between the programs and it'd be awesome to see Scotiabank give that as an option in the future, more choice is always better -- and it'd make your program even better.

Take care, and have a great day,
    Your name
    Quote Originally Posted by For non-scotiabank customer
    Hi Scotiabank Employee!

I wanted to reach out to you as a customer of a competing reward program. I really like the offerings you're providing, but I'm disappointed by the choices for redemption currently available. I wanted to give some input hoping that at some point in the future you'd provide the option to transfer out Scotia Rewards points to Areoplan miles. I know AmEx's own points program already allows a 1:1 transfer between the programs and it'd be awesome to see Scotiabank give that as an option in the future, more choice is always better -- and it'd make your program even better.

Take care, and have a great day,
    Your name
    Hopefully some folks shooting them emails would give them a little incentive These are based off an email I've already sent earlier to the same effect. And, yes, I'm always that needlessly perky, poor folks have to read angry emails all day long and need to smile

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

No to the MC offer. I notice that any card with decent offers seems to require a certain income level and I have jumped that shark for the time being.

I had originally thought that the Red Card would be a loyalty card of the swipe or scan variety. Until I read the threads about how the card is linked to one's debit card-cold reality check. Sorry, I cannot venture into linking my bank card to a loyalty card. If I could afford a second bank account, then I could make that one the go-to bank account for such a program but it's not happening now. Need my little financial bubble to stay nice and private without loyalty cards lurking in the background. Pay enough for banking and I'd like it to stay autonomous for now.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by RobinMonks View Post
    Here's a template email you could use in emailing Scotia Rewards from their contact form

Hopefully some folks shooting them emails would give them a little incentive These are based off an email I've already sent earlier to the same effect. And, yes, I'm always that needlessly perky, poor folks have to read angry emails all day long and need to smile
    You are an expert on this

I will send an email to them, helping them and helping us

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think it would take a lot more incentive than 5% at one store and 0.5% at any other store, along with signing up for a bank account at Royal.

They had fairly high fees when I left Royal, either that or I had to worry about the number of transactions in a month. I don't need to think that hard when I want to make a transaction, especially with the current offers out there.

The two no-fee credit cards I do have came with a financial bonus when I signed up for them. Signing up for a third card with no bonus, restrictive banking, and limited discounts doesn't seem attractive enough.

If I shopped exclusively at Target, for everything we could buy there, it still wouldn't be beneficial to our family. Sorry Target.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Target Canada does offer price matching (to local Canadian competitor and not U.S. Target stores) -- a common question these days and as confirmed in this blog.

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I sent the email, but no response at all

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I was wondering what are the best reward based credit cards out there. Thoughts?
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FLA View Post
    I sent the email, but no response at all
    I didn't either; in my experience most of the "we'll respond if a reply is warranted" forms never reply ;(

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think it all depends what type of rewards you are looking for. For me, I am all about the cash back with annual fee.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

No fee and I always make sure my credit card insures my purchases(usually for 90 days after purchase) DH had a bunch on new tools stolen from our vehicle and our visa replaced them. My preference is reward points like airmiles so that I can get movie passes or magazine subscriptions etc. things we wouldn't normally buy for ourselves.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I'm waivering between the cash back and air miles. We are saving for a trip so I think cash back would be ideal. Sassy what card do you use for cash back?
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I currently have both a Visa and Mastercard both offer 1% cash back on all purchases but 2% on groceries.

I would suggest looking at what your current bank offers. I was able to get all my fees waived because I have 3 products with the same bank.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Thinking about getting a money back credit card to use instead of my debit for daily sending. A little something extra to put towards a trip. Ay one have suggestions as to which is best?
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by RobinMonks View Post
    I didn't either; in my experience most of the "we'll respond if a reply is warranted" forms never reply ;(
    It is ok. They will figure it out later about how to attack more clients.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information