Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By quicktocoupon
  • 1 Post By quicktocoupon
  • 2 Post By Sunshyne1
  • 1 Post By bigboy
  • 1 Post By paciad
  • 1 Post By tobiwobi
  • 1 Post By Ciel

Thread: Crest 3D White or Colgate Optic White?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Have you tried both? Which do you prefer/saw results/would recommend? What else do you use to help whiten your teeth?

I have both, been using Colgate Optic White now for about two weeks. (Got it free with a coupon and the purchase of 360 manual toothbrush) so far I can't say I see any difference personally. However, I received a few compliments just the other day so it must be working after all.

I also bought the Crest 3D White and 3D White Luxe (on sale for .99 each) and plan to use them once my tube of Colgate is done. I wonder if it will brighten, and whiten even more than Colgate.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Optic White. I love it. I have been using Arm and Hammer TP for about...let me see....8 years for the whitening aspect....and well...for Christmas my mom gave me a box of the OPtic White and I have been converted ever since. I do try other TP since i get tons for free these says due to couponing....howver, without a doubt Optic White is the best. Noticable diffeence from the first brush,a nd your teeth feel really clean. It tasts good too. Anyway, that's just my opinion.
    paciad likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

...and by your picture posted, your smile is great...I see pearly whites..so whatever you are doing...it is working.
    paciad likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I love Crest 3D white. I even had my dentist ask me if i had gone somewhere and had my teeth whitened.

But...I do hear that these whitening toothpastes are hard on teeth enamel as they contain abrasives.
    seylz_gurl and paciad like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like it too.
    paciad likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by quicktocoupon View Post
    ...and by your picture posted, your smile is great...I see pearly whites..so whatever you are doing...it is working.
    Oh why thank you!
    All the best
    tobiwobi likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I've been using optic white because it's cheaper w coupon than the 3D one, at least I found it for next to nothing. Now kinda regretting buying them because I noticed a weird disclaimer on the tube "Do NOT use for longer than 3 weeks" or something like that. That's a weird disclaimer! Sounds like they don't wanna take responsibility for damaged enamel if used for longer? Anyway, don't feel good about using it now. Will finish tube with fingers crossed and not buy again.
    paciad likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Disclaimer is probably acknowledging the use of abrasive ingredients might cause problems by extended use.
    Beyond toothpaste, I have been really offput to try the whitening strips or bleaching trays as I don't know how sensitive I would be any ingredient that I feel off about.

I have been using Crest 3D White (forget which version) twice and have been getting the Pro Health one with sensitive shield. My teeth are not pearly white, more offwhite/buff to begin with. However, a slight brightness was seen. I do sometimes use another toothpaste to switch formulations occasionally and get a change in flavour (Tom's of Maine).
    paciad likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I use optic white and throw on a whitestrip once or twice a year. i drink coffee like a fiend and my teeth are still dazzling white. i refuse to use any other toothpaste

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you just want whitening just follow this guide.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...0440563&page=1

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Haven't tried the Crest but I've used the Optic White for a while now and I don't see it doing anything more than a "normal" non-whitening toothpaste.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I had been using Optic White for a couple months and just recently (2 weeks ago) switched to 3D White Luxe and love both!
    My teeth are pretty white to begin with, but I did notice more brightness using 3D White Luxe.
    Plus, the packaging is pretty... and it states that it will remove 90% of surface stains in 5 days...lol

I do however live between two houses so I alternate between the two and use 3D White Strips every so often.

My bf and I found that the Optic White toothpaste kind of warms up when you use it, which is weird. He hates it, but I don't mind. He's now using Pro Health something or other.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyne1 View Post
    I love Crest 3D white. I even had my dentist ask me if i had gone somewhere and had my teeth whitened.

But...I do hear that these whitening toothpastes are hard on teeth enamel as they contain abrasives.
    I heard the same from my dental hygienist.

Thread Information