User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: I need more friends with kids!

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Hey London moms,

We just moved here in May. My SIL (also one of my closest friends) is due in August with her first, and she has about 7 friends all her age who are pregnant and due this year as well. I just keep thinking how nice it would be to have close friends with kids the same age(s) as mine so that we'd be kind of going through the same issues together. Plus it would be easier to hang out with a friend who has a kid the same age as mine, as the kids could play together.

I'm 26, DD is 3 and DS is 2.

I live around the Kipps and Adelaide area (still don't know London all that well), so I'm really hoping to find another mom friend to hang out with who lives close by and I wouldn't have to bus anywhere with two young kids! lol

Anyway, just a thought. I hope I'm not sounding crazy, I just miss having friends who actually understand what I'm going through because they are living it too!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    walkonby, Shwa Girl and Venuila like this.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Aww I know that feeling. I grew up in Ottawa and still don't really know anyone around here. I just recently started hanging out with DH's friends gf who has a son turning two at the end of the month. DS is a tad younger than your lil ones and we live in Aylmer (about 30 minutes away) but if you ever go to the beach in Port Stanley or are just super lonely lmk and maybe we can meet up!
    ticul, Bronwen and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Yah if you are ever in my area lmk and we can for sure meet up!

I was at the park with the kids this morning and there was another girl my age there with her two kids very close in age to mine and she was such a snob lol! I tried to be chatty but I got the vibe she didn't want to make friends .... But then I though oh well her loss cause I'm awesome bahaha
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I live in the same area, probably in the same apartment complex I bet. But I have no kids lol.
    ticul, Bronwen and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Bronwen, did you look into joining kids reading groups at the library or groups for kids at the community center? That's where you might find Mums with kids your age.
    ticul and Bronwen like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Plus churches usually have mid week programs for kids, including day camp in the summer. Even if you are not "churchy", they don't care. You kids can go and you can stay (or not) and have fun. Just an idea.
    sweetmomma, ticul and Bronwen like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    I live in the same area, probably in the same apartment complex I bet. But I have no kids lol.
    Do you live in those ones right on the corner of Kipps and Adelaide? My BIL used to live in those ones but they moved to the townhouses up the street. We now live with them. Do you go to Fanshawe?

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Bronwen, did you look into joining kids reading groups at the library or groups for kids at the community center? That's where you might find Mums with kids your age.
    I have tried looking on Kijiji for stuff like this. I haven't had much luck finding anything. With no car I don't want to have to venture too far away with a 2 and 3 year old who fight like cats and dogs lol. There is a school very close; right by the park, maybe I should see if they have any programs.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

The London Public library is great for various programs and some have playgroups etc. They have a summer reading program you can sign children up 3 yrs + and its free! You can win prizes and stuff too!
    Bronwen likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Great! Ty for the info. I'm going to Google it right now :p

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

There's an Early Years Ontario centre downtown that might be somewhere to go for a change of scenery.
    http://www.children.gov.on.ca/htdocs...spx?Center=202
    Venuila likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

LOL where did you move here from? London is more similar to Toronto, people can be just as warm but they typically take a little longer to warm up to you than other places, especially Western Canada.

Have you checked the Spectrum at london.ca? Alot of affordable or free (page 68 for example) to keep your kids busy and an opportunity for them to make friends. I find that typically my daughters make friends first then we get to know the parents via playdates or mutual events. We spend as much time or more with my older daughters friend's parents then we do with our own pre-pregnancy friends - that starts to happen once they go to school or daycare.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    Yah if you are ever in my area lmk and we can for sure meet up!

I was at the park with the kids this morning and there was another girl my age there with her two kids very close in age to mine and she was such a snob lol! I tried to be chatty but I got the vibe she didn't want to make friends .... But then I though oh well her loss cause I'm awesome bahaha

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    Hey London moms,

We just moved here in May. My SIL (also one of my closest friends) is due in August with her first, and she has about 7 friends all her age who are pregnant and due this year as well. I just keep thinking how nice it would be to have close friends with kids the same age(s) as mine so that we'd be kind of going through the same issues together. Plus it would be easier to hang out with a friend who has a kid the same age as mine, as the kids could play together.

I'm 26, DD is 3 and DS is 2.

I live around the Kipps and Adelaide area (still don't know London all that well), so I'm really hoping to find another mom friend to hang out with who lives close by and I wouldn't have to bus anywhere with two young kids! lol

Anyway, just a thought. I hope I'm not sounding crazy, I just miss having friends who actually understand what I'm going through because they are living it too!

Oh hey. I think we might live close enough to hang out hahaha love you

(FYI I am the SIL she lives with - just so no one thinks I am uber creepy haha)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Bronwen likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm at the other side of the city, but I know Northbrae Hub did have an early year program there. We used to live pretty close to that area.
    Bronwen likes this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by IsmaMalik View Post
    Oh hey. I think we might live close enough to hang out hahaha love you

(FYI I am the SIL she lives with - just so no one thinks I am uber creepy haha)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Nerd LOL. <3

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oddduck View Post
    I'm at the other side of the city, but I know Northbrae Hub did have an early year program there. We used to live pretty close to that area.
    Thanks ill check it out

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information