User Tag List

Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast
Like Tree1940Likes

Thread: What nail polish are you wearing today?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I am loving the gel, I just took mine off after 7 days (it was still looking good, I just wanted to change colours). Usually I would change polish every 2-3 days, I HATE chips and bad tipwear. The bronze was darker so would show wear more obviously too. I am hard on my nails so surprised it lasted so long. I had a very small chip on the side of a nail, but it just looked like I can't paint them properly.

I would probably pay the little bit extra for the stronger lamp if I had not bought it on sale (I bought the lamp when it was $45 on sale but if choosing from them at full price, the full lamp is only $25 more and takes 45 seconds compared to 3 mins for each cure time). Maybe santa will buy me a better lamp lol
    PammieD and mrsf1sh like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Julep Myrtle. I got into a Christmasy mood and went with a bright red. Definitely not something I would wear all the time but it's fun for a change. This one has great coverage, I could have done well with just one coat.
    anisa and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Do you ladies know which gel kits are available at sdm?

Brands I know of from here are:
    - Quo
    - Sally hansen
    - Nailene
    - Red Carpet

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    Do you ladies know which gel kits are available at sdm?

Brands I know of from here are:
    - Quo
    - Sally hansen
    - Nailene
    - Red Carpet

Quo is SDM brand made by orly. My store carries the the salley hansen, and nailene too
    Last edited by mrsf1sh; Tue, Dec 17th, 2013 at 11:08 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I am seriously considering going to SDM today and redeeming my points for the quo kit, or just the lamp if it is on sale. I did my second gel last night, and I am so impatient! I want the 30 sec to 1 min cure times of a higher power lamp! The Black Friday deal was worth the $37 imo, now that I know gel is amazing it is worth the extra $
    I went with quo chrome pink-blue. This color would benefit from a third coat... I just didn't have the time. I was rushed, and didn't do the best application. I'm not sure what happened to my middle finger, looks like the polish shrunk under the uv...or when I was trying to get the brush strokes out of the metallic color I failed to wrap the tip. Not sure if I will be keeping this on for 2 weeks. It is a interesting color, different shades at different angles and light.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    French Lady, PammieD and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Red Carpet Manicure I Simply Love Your Nails after 3 days
    Name:  rcmislyn.png
Views: 1558
Size:  255.0 KB
    French Lady, mrsf1sh and vesper like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mrsf1sh View Post
    I am seriously considering going to SDM today and redeeming my points for the quo kit, or just the lamp if it is on sale. I did my second gel last night, and I am so impatient! I want the 30 sec to 1 min cure times of a higher power lamp! The Black Friday deal was worth the $37 imo, now that I know gel is amazing it is worth the extra $
    I went with quo chrome pink-blue. This color would benefit from a third coat... I just didn't have the time. I was rushed, and didn't do the best application. I'm not sure what happened to my middle finger, looks like the polish shrunk under the uv...or when I was trying to get the brush strokes out of the metallic color I failed to wrap the tip. Not sure if I will be keeping this on for 2 weeks. It is a interesting color, different shades at different angles and light.
    I looked at them all A LOT today....ended up getting the Nailene Professional light (36 watts) which is currently on sale for $59.99 from $79.99. Then I bought the rest of the stuff separately. Better than spending $90 on Quo/Nailene kits that have small lamps (which look like they're the same size as the Sally Hansen). The SH said it's 6 watts. So there's no way something that uses 1 bulb like the little ones is going to work as well as the big boy. That being said, I read some reviews and the front runner for the smaller lamps/full kits was the Nailene.

Last edited by PammieD; Tue, Dec 17th, 2013 at 10:34 PM.
    anisa and mrsf1sh like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Enjoy your new toy! Thanks for the info, I never seem to have enough time to investigate all my options while at SDM with a 2 year old. I didn't know they carried just the nailene lamp, sounds like it is a great deal. I will be heading to SDM tomorrow evening to pick up a new lamp RCM kit is already for sale on craigslist.
    Last edited by mrsf1sh; Tue, Dec 17th, 2013 at 11:47 PM.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Lol - nice. Yah, Alexa was in daycare...otherwise there would have been no way I could have done it. Side note, the accessories will still work with the nailene lamp (they're all the same thing, just different packaging) so Instead of buying the base/top coat and everything again, you may want to t ry them with your new lamp?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    Lol - nice. Yah, Alexa was in daycare...otherwise there would have been no way I could have done it. Side note, the accessories will still work with the nailene lamp (they're all the same thing, just different packaging) so Instead of buying the base/top coat and everything again, you may want to t ry them with your new lamp?

Yeah, I only have the light and the original polish for sale not the full kit. Most of the drugstore brands seem to be interchangeable with whatever uv lamp you have.

As for ordering different brands online gelish and opi cures fast under LED lamps, and longer cure times for UV. CND needs even longer cure times than what they recommend since the times are based on using their lamp which is 36watt, 4x 9v bulbs but has a greater light intensity than the nailene uv.
    Still on the fence with which one I will go with. The quo is an LED and has 30 sec-1min cure times, and the bulbs last longer
    Last edited by mrsf1sh; Wed, Dec 18th, 2013 at 02:04 PM.
    anisa and PammieD like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Just did a redemption at shoppers. I had a security guard tailing me around the store... So annoying! I was writing down the price of everything that went into the cart and double checking my shopping list. Little did he know the steal of a deal on this. Sorry for posting this price earlier I guess it is ymmv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mrsf1sh; Wed, Dec 18th, 2013 at 11:57 PM.
    FallenPixels and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I just couldn't do the neutral for long (blame Pammie, she said she was doing her nails so I had to do mine too)

Name:  winternails.png
Views: 490
Size:  200.9 KB
    I went a bit heavy on the glitter on the first nail I did, not used to it being that concentrated

The RCM pink came off very easily, no lifting etc needed, just flaked off after less than 10 mins with the foil trick
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I just couldn't do the neutral for long (blame Pammie, she said she was doing her nails so I had to do mine too)

Name:  winternails.png
Views: 490
Size:  200.9 KB
    I went a bit heavy on the glitter on the first nail I did, not used to it being that concentrated

The RCM pink came off very easily, no lifting etc needed, just flaked off after less than 10 mins with the foil trick
    Pfffft @FallenPixels !!!

So, I was nicely set up for a day of working at home and figured I'd do my nails in between. This was my set up this morning. Added to the pile now are a box of kleenex, a can of pepsi. Now missing is half the bottle of Tums.

I was so excited to do my gel for the first time. Poor Pix had to talk me down from the ledge a couple of times. If I were to do it again for my firat time, I probably wouldn't have picked a dark red....bbuuuut it's xmas and this is the closest colour I could find to my OPI Malanga Wine that I've neen putting on almost daily for the last week.

I had a hard time with the runnyness of it at first, and still have to do my thumbs.... trying to get ir done between phone calls and caffeine!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

You need tums to do your nails?
    French Lady and PammieD like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Red carpet manicure style savvy. This one is very thin and took 3 coats. Thought it would be more brown/copper. It is a bit too orange/peachy for me right now, 1 day in and already want to change it I will keep it on for a few more days. It has a nice gold shimmer tho. I might try a coat of this over a red someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PammieD and vesper like this.

Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast

Thread Information