User Tag List

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: What's Your Personalized Starbucks Offer?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Being a frequent Starbucks customer, I found that the email offers I got from Starbucks were far less attractive than the offers for those who do not frequent Starbucks.

For example, this week I got the offer for buying three pumpkin spice lattes and get one free (in ONE transaction). Right...I'll have to be either a crazy latte drinker or rich enough to do ROAK for fellow customers. In the meanwhile, I saw on another forum that people were getting 50% off breakfast or four stars for purchasing one pumpkin spice latte, and they specified they had not visited Starbucks for a long while...

I understand where the marketing department was coming from, but still...
    This thread is currently associated with: Starbucks
    kava5 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just got one today that is "3 bonus stars when you purchase a pumpkin spice latte, a Teavana Oprah chai tea latte, or a salted caramel mocha" for September 11-17.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chelleshocks View Post
    I just got one today that is "3 bonus stars when you purchase a pumpkin spice latte, a Teavana Oprah chai tea latte, or a salted caramel mocha" for September 11-17.
    Got the same thing. There's still the bonus star with every breakfast sandwich purchase til end of the month.

I've been a gold member for years and I think the more you use your card the less promos you get...

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I got the same offer of Buy 3 Get 1. I find it's quite random...I've been a gold member for years as well and sometimes, I have better offers than those who rarely go, sometimes it's worse.
    I do most of my shopping online and LOVE using ebates to get cash back. Check it out - it's free and easy to sign up!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=ux6NkmzoOno%3D

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leen1476 View Post
    I got the same offer of Buy 3 Get 1. I find it's quite random...I've been a gold member for years as well and sometimes, I have better offers than those who rarely go, sometimes it's worse.
    You had better experience then. I know people getting the free Chai Tea latte offer last February and free maple syrup macchiato last year. I never had that kind of luck.
    Last edited by MapleLeaves; Sat, Oct 4th, 2014 at 11:48 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have the same offer as the OP. I didn't know the offer I'm getting is not the same as everyone else. I'm not a big fan of chai myself so I won't take advantage of this offer. No bonus stars for me.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I can't seem to find my personalized offers on the app since it changed. Can anyone help?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

3 stars with the lattes on the card I use fairly often but never buy lattes
    The other card we rarely use (he might pick up a reg coffee on it) has a breakfast offer
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have the same "3 bonus stars when you purchase a pumpkin spice latte, a Teavana Oprah chai tea latte, or a salted caramel mocha" for September 11-17." offer.

@MTLcouponer- the bonus offers are usually sent via email. To check offers in the app, just tap on Account History. It'll show you Star Earned and Offer Received. The offer received will list the bonus offer and expiry date.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MapleLeaves View Post
    Being a frequent Starbucks customer, I found that the email offers I got from Starbucks were far less attractive than the offers for those who do not frequent Starbucks.

For example, this week I got the offer for buying three pumpkin spice lattes and get one free (in ONE transaction). Right...I'll have to be either a crazy latte drinker or rich enough to do ROAK for fellow customers. In the meanwhile, I saw on another forum that people were getting 50% off breakfast or four stars for purchasing one pumpkin spice latte, and they specified they had not visited Starbucks for a long while...

Same here. so stupid

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MapleLeaves View Post

I think these offers are much more based on region/city than your membership level: keep in mind that Starbucks records your postal code when you register your card. I'm privy to the offers received for 3 levels of membership -gold, green and welcome- all from the same postal code in Toronto. Offers are pretty random, but lately all 3 levels for this postal code have been getting exactly the same offers.
    Also keep in mind, your definition of a good offer depends on what you like to get at Starbucks. I usually just drink lattes and wanted to try this years offering of Pumpkin Spice, so the 3 bonus stars was a very good offer. For my husband who only drinks black brewed coffee, this was a bad offer.
    We all got the buy 3 lattes, get one free, which I agree, is a pretty goofy offer no matter who you are.

This is a great idea for a thread---but I think it only makes sense if the person posting indicates both their membership level AND their city.
    chelleshocks likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kava5 View Post
    This is a great idea for a thread---but I think it only makes sense if the person posting indicates both their membership level AND their city.
    That's a great idea. I have noticed that I tend to get better offers now that I'm a Gold member vs. when I was in the Welcome or Green groups. I also tend to get better offers than my sister (who's a Green member). But I also tend to get a lot of breakfast or coffee offers, when I have a) never bought any form of coffee from them or b) don't buy any breakfast sandwiches there. I'm guessing it's their way of getting me to branch out a bit. But the 1+3 bonus stars is a great offer since I will buy the Teavana chai tea latte drinks (iced or hot).

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I received an email today from Starbucks that as a "value Starbucks customer" they would like me to fill out a survey for them and if completed by Sept 22 they would send me a $5 eGift card.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by plc View Post
    I received an email today from Starbucks that as a "value Starbucks customer" they would like me to fill out a survey for them and if completed by Sept 22 they would send me a $5 eGift card.
    That's a good one!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I remember a while back when they relaunched the pumpkin spice latte for this year, I received email promotion with a code 'PSL' to order this drink (at full price). That was kind of funny to me and I pictured the scene in my head:

Me: Hi! I'd like a tall size Pumpkin Spice Latte, please.
    Starbucks: Sorry, we don't have that.
    Don't know what that is.
    Never heard of it.
    Me: But I have a code - PSL.
    Starbucks: Sure! Four dollars, please.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information