User Tag List

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Rewards Thread with Aeroplan, airmiles, credit card offers etc.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

RE Aeroplan,

I actually work at CIBC, and we have great promotions on to earn Aeroplan miles -- including sign up bonuses for or Aeroplan visa's, a checking account that earns Aeroplan miles for doing your regular banking, and even a mortgage with Aeroplan miles (you earn one Aeroplan mile for every $1.00 of regular interest you pay). If you add up the bonus miles just for signing up you can pile on points very quickly.
    Cheers,
    mandolinatou likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like Aeroplan miles. It can be worth up to 3 cents/mile if you book flights 10 months ahead. You can use some credit cards that comes with free trip cancellation insurance if you book that early.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Love aeroplan. I just booked return airfare from Toronto to Calgary for my husband. Sure helps on the savings account.
    Poirot likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

American Express is offering 20k (in stead of normal 15k) bonus points when you apply for a new Gold Rewards card. No annual fee for the first year. The points can be transfered to Aeroplan miles 1:1 without transfer fee. You can get this deal through the link in my signature. You need to spend $500 in 3 months to receive the 20k bonus points. It is better to use the card for drugstore, travel and gas purchases so you can get double points.
    mandolinatou likes this.
    Amex AeroplanPlus Gold Card 30k bonus points link: www.americanexpress.com/canada
    Amex Gold Rewards Card 25k bonus points link: https://www.americanexpress.com/cana...IWDR8WFQ%3D%3D

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If you have Air Miles Rewards and plan on visiting the CNE in August, you can redeem miles for admission or all-day pass. Note that it may take 3 weeks for your tickets/passes to arrive.
    http://theex.com/main/guest-info/tic...s-reward-miles
    mandolinatou likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I recently got the AMEX AeroplanPlus Gold Card and I'm really happy with it. The Aeroplan miles are collecting faster in the three months that I've had the card than ever before. The card is free for the first year, so I have a free year to determine whether the perks outweigh the costs before renewing it for a fee. So far I am getting 1 Aeroplan mile for every dollar that I spend, plus I got 30,000 bonus mile for signing up.

More details about the deal below:

American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card (no fee and FREE flight to anywhere in North America!)

American Express has an awesome Friends & Family promotion.

This is the first travel rewards card that enticed me to sign-up and share with my friends and family. Normally, since these miles are so rewarding, they take years to accumulate, but with this deal, you get enough miles for a free flight anywhere in North America.

American Express is offering 30,000 free Aeroplan bonus miles when you sign-up for their AeroplanPlus Gold Card! You only need 30,000 miles for (2) round-trip short haul flights, or 25,000 miles for a free round-trip flight to anywhere in North America! They’re also waiving the annual fee for the first year ($120 value) which means there’s zero cost to you making this an unbelievable freebie! All you need to do is charge $500 in purchases to your card within the first three months of card membership.

The deal gets even better when you consider that if you refer someone else to sign up for this card, you earn an additional 10,000 miles. There is no limit to what you can earn. You’ll get your own referral link after you sign-up and activate the card. People will want to use your referral link because they’ll get 30,000 miles with your link vs only 25,000 miles if they sign-up directly through Amex.

If you’re not planning any travel, you can use the miles to buy merchandise – including gift cards. 30,000 miles can get you at least $200 worth of gift cards!

Remember, the first year is absolutely free, so if you decide the card is not for you, just cancel it and you get to keep the 30,000 free Aeroplan miles!

This exclusive offer is valid for Canadians only.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Staples (ON flyer)-this weekend (Aug 29-31 only)-get 20 AM reward miles when you spend $100 or more (before taxes most likely). Or get 10 AM reward miles when you spend $75 or more.

Check the new Metro flyer in Flyers for the AM offers shown for Ontario.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

UPDATE: There has been a change to American Express Friends & Family promotion.

Their offer is subject to change at any time and it seems that it has changed. They are now offering 26,000 free Aeroplan bonus miles when you sign-up for their AMEX AeroplanPlus Gold Card.

I hope that if you were interested in the card, you had a chance to sign up while it was still offering 30,000 bonus miles. While 30,000 bonus miles is an incredible deal, 26,000 miles is still enough for a free round-trip flight to anywhere in North America or $200 in gift cards so it’s still a great deal, just not as good as it used to be.
    Ciel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

More changes to the American Express Friends & Family promotion .... the first year fee is no longer waived.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Metro (ON) flyer for Sept 13 mentions a buy 5 products for $10 and get 20 Bonus Air Miles when you buy 5. Campbell products like the broth tetra packs were shown.

Rexall (ON) Sept 12-13 only-20X** the AM reward miles when you spend $50* or more on almost everything in-store. *Before taxes. **20X on base miles only. Not applicable on bonus miles offers. (Air Miles Base and Bonus offers exclude prescriptions, products containing codeine, postal service and stamps, Gift Cards, Gift Card Express, Rexall Pharma Plus Gift Cards, lottery, transit tickets, phone cards, event tickets and taxes.)

Sobeys (Western Canada) has a Better Bonus Days Get 100 AM WUS $100 coupon in its new flyer.

LCBO-if you type Air Miles in the Search field, you can view the 239 products with Bonus Air Miles points.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Forgot to add that Home Hardware has a 2X Aeroplan points offer that ends tomorrow and is good at all of its stores including build centres.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Has anyone seen the new Rocketmiles promo? I needed to book a hotel room for a bachelorette party and got 3000 bonus miles!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just noticed recently that Air Miles has increased the number of required Air Miles for most flights. For example Calgary to Vancouver (return) used to be 1,000 AM drink the low season but now it has increased to 1,300 AM. Has anyone else noticed this? If this is the case then Air Miles are devalued even more now
    FLA likes this.
    http://www.ourbigfatwallet.com - Saving, Investing & Frugal Living

Free Groceries! Use the referral code CRCAL-WESJAD at Spud.ca to get $20 off your first grocery order of $50 or more (a 40% savings)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Toronto Star had an article about Give-A-Mile, which takes donated Aeroplan Miles and helps people in need to get flights. Article wrote of a woman who was able to visit her friend (terminal health matter) one last time, thanks to the donated flight through the charity.
    Sorry, cannot locate the online article.

Program information:

http://beyondmiles.aeroplan.com/eng/charity/515

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in Canada View Post
    I just noticed recently that Air Miles has increased the number of required Air Miles for most flights. For example Calgary to Vancouver (return) used to be 1,000 AM drink the low season but now it has increased to 1,300 AM. Has anyone else noticed this? If this is the case then Air Miles are devalued even more now
    They reduced fees for reward flights.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information