User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Do you want to check the status of your Income Tax Refund ?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So did you get it today?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    I NETFILED my return on February 9, 2015 & its already been Assessed , so in just 4 days

Your 2014 return was assessed. - Assessed on February 12, 2015.

Your Notice of Assessment will be available to view on February 20, 2015.

That's ( February 20, 2015.) also the date on which my refund is being Directlt Deposited
    So did you get it today

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sknowles90 View Post
    So did you get it today
    Yes , I did

The date your NOA is available online is also the date of your Direct Deposit ..it will show a future date as Date Processed after its assessed ..this future Date processed is also the date of Direct Deposit
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Kind of off topic, but is there a way to get my T4 from CRA's website? It's almost the end of Feb, I got my T4 from my former employer and still waiting around for my current employer. My managers keep telling me I'm suppose to get it in the mail, but half my co-workers use ADP's online service - so they probably get it through there too.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xbbx View Post
    Kind of off topic, but is there a way to get my T4 from CRA's website? It's almost the end of Feb, I got my T4 from my former employer and still waiting around for my current employer. My managers keep telling me I'm suppose to get it in the mail, but half my co-workers use ADP's online service - so they probably get it through there too.
    You can only get it if your employer has uploaded it online to them ( CRA )

or
    after you file your return to CRA with your T4 slip ,but that's after the fact..you already have it by then.

If you want it now ( before ) , the employer has to uplaod it ..but generally you will receive it before from your employer either by mail or online , before they upload it or send it to the CRA.

Last year my T4 slip was showing online on CRA 2-3 days after I received it from my employer. I guess they mailed mine & then sent a copy to CRA or uploaded it to them
    xbbx and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Lot of employers are lazy & wait till the last minute for this kind of stuff. So even if they are capable of sending it sooner & are not really busy they still don't bother . I have seen T4 slips ready in envelopes & are just waiting to be mailed out..& someone drops the ball & takes his own sweet time to mail them out..ha ha. All they have to do is just drop them in a mail box, but they don't hurry

BTW there is a deadline before which they have to send it to you or they can be fined if you complain to the CRA.
    xbbx and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Lot of employers are lazy & wait till the last minute for this kind of stuff. So even if they are capable of sending it sooner & are not really busy they still don't bother . I have seen T4 slips ready in envelopes & are just waiting to be mailed out..& someone drops the ball & takes his own sweet time to mail them out..ha ha. All they have to do is just drop them in a mail box, but they don't hurry

BTW there is a deadline before which they have to send it to you or they can be fined if you complain to the CRA.
    By any chance do you know the date?

Last I was told, it was going to be sent to my house. I may have to double check with my manager.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xbbx View Post
    By any chance do you know the date?

Last I was told, it was going to be sent to my house. I may have to double check with my manager.
    http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tp...strbt-eng.html

It is the last day of Feb. But I guess they only have to post mark it by that date, so depending on Canada Post , it might arrive late. From the post mark you can tell if they mailed it on time or not.

Distributing T4 slips to employees

You must give employees their T4 slips on or before the last day of February following the calendar year to which the slips apply. If you do not, you may be subject to a penalty. The penalty for failing to distribute T4 slips to recipients is $25 per day for each such failure with a minimum penalty of $100 and a maximum of $2,500.

Give the employee one of the following:

• two copies, sent by mail to their last known address;
      Notes
      If T4 slips are returned as not deliverable, you may want to keep the copies with the employee’s file.
      If you know the address you have for an employee is not correct, do not send the employee’s T4 slip copies to that address. Document why the copies were not sent and your efforts to get the correct address. Keep this information with the T4 slips in the employee’s file. You still have to include that T4 slip information in your T4 information return when you file it.
    • two copies, delivered in person; or
    • one copy distributed electronically (for example, by email) if you have received the employee's consent in writing or electronic format.

We suggest that you print the two T4 slips that you have to give to each employee on one sheet. For security purposes, do not print your payroll account number (box 54) on these copies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My post last year on it

If your employer , could also be an Employment agency or a Temping agency etc doesn't give you your T4 Slip or is playing hard ball , report them to CRA.

The various employment agencies / contract agencies are the worst , when it comes to mailing out or even preparing your T4 slips . Generally companies you work for directly are good at giving your T4 slips.

They have to give it to you by end of February or they can be fined & penalised for it .

When you log into your CRA account you can see if your employer has created your T4 slip or not , even if its not arrived in your mail .

So don't let the employer BS you & tell you that we have already made your T4 & its been mailed out & you just haven't received it yet

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tp...strbt-eng.html

Distributing T4 slips to employees

You must give employees their T4 slips on or before the last day of February following the calendar year to which the slips apply.

If you do not, you may be subject to a penalty.

The penalty for failing to distribute T4 slips to recipients is $25 per day for each such failure with a minimum penalty of $100 and a maximum of $2,500.

Give the employee one of the following:

• two copies, sent by mail to their last known address;
    • two copies, delivered in person; or
    • one copy distributed electronically (for example, by email) if you have received the employee's consent in writing or electronic format.

We suggest that you print the two T4 slips that you have to give to each employee on one sheet. For security purposes, do not print your payroll account number (box 54) on these copies.
    xbbx likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Mine took less than a week to process. Received my refund Friday

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Mine says notice of assessment available March 19

Trading Score
    50 (98%)

Filing date April 2, date of assessment April 14. So hard to wait one more day.
    Colsgirl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by neelkamalll1979 View Post
    Filing date April 2, date of assessment April 14. So hard to wait one more day.
    Me too!
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    Mine says notice of assessment available March 19
    Mine says Notice of Assessment May 7th - as I didn't sign up for Direct Deposit, is that the date they will send the cheque?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
    Mine says Notice of Assessment May 7th - as I didn't sign up for Direct Deposit, is that the date they will send the cheque?
    Yes that's the day they will mail the cheque as well as your Notice of Assessment . Should come in your mail after 4-5 days , depending on Canada Post.

You can deposit it in your bank or encash it FREE of charge at ANY bank as its a Gov. Cheque , I think you just have to show your ID with an Address on it like DL etc.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
    Not sure why you don't have DD yet as they are kind of making it mandatory now ! ..Forgot what the deadline was, but its soon for ALL gov. cheques, deposits etc.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information