User Tag List

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

While the Fennell bus project/road renewal is still underway, today I see that the construction fencing around the main drive/entrance to C-wing at Mohawk has closed off traffic access. So if you are taking the HSR to the college, once the bus turns off of West 5th onto Governor's Blvd, the bus stop is just a few metres away at the pedestrian crosswalk. You'll have to walk/wheel down the sidewalk along one parking lot, cross over the drive to the sidewalk fenced off the other parking lot dug up (the card lot outside the automotive shops) and the visitor parking lot (water mains are visible and a crane is parked on where the entrance drive used to be).

See this link for details about the various projects on Fennell Campus:
    http://www.mohawkcollege.ca/campus-renewal.html

When I was here two weeks ago, the College and A-Line buses were still going to the regular stop outside C-wing.
    Sanatorium and Upper Kenilworth buses use the same stops for their routes due to detour around the Fennell Ave construction.

BTW, West 5th road work continues as well.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Ciel; Sun, Apr 10th, 2016 at 04:34 PM. Reason: To reflect new bus area at Fennell Campus
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

http://www.hamiltonnews.com/news-sto...work-underway/

The buses were still using Governor's Road to pick up and drop off passengers in August. Thought the Fennell bus area would be open now for the buses? The section that was done during spring/summer roadwork?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The HSR was testing the new bus terminal area at Mohawk College. The terminal will be the new place to get aboard the 35, 21 or 20 buses in the spring! So the north campus doors will be the popular ones (from H-wing, C-wing, A-wing). Could mean more foot traffic for the Starbucks shop by the library in H-wing. Not sure if the Tim Horton's shop in the lobby by the current bus stop will be as busy after the bus stop moves.

http://www.mohawknewsdesk.ca/hsr-tes...g-this-spring/

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The new terminal will be operational on Easter Sunday, March 27. See the bus thread in this section for details.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Interesting-the J-wing level doors opposite the bus terminal lead to a small lounge on the left side with soft circular bench seating. There are two vending machines but they don't take coins, only $5 or $10 or $20 bills. I tried to buy a gummy candy bag for $2 and the machine returned my toonie. Then I used a $5 bill and chose the candy and got "use exact amount." I managed to get my money back by pressing the lower right button (image of hand with coins on it).
    I suggest if you need coin-operated vending machines, you go up the stairs to first floor of J-wing, follow the corridor on the right that leads towards A-wing. There are two vending units just past the small tables and chairs in the corridor before the exit to A-wing.
    Unfortunately, there is no washroom in the lounge area. The elevator (for those using mobility aids) in J-wing is on the other side of the building and you either have to walk up or down the stairs or go outside and try to access the wheelchair ramp by the roundabout to A-wing and access the washrooms down the hall in A-wing.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The seating has been removed over the summer. There's a mobile Tim Horton's outlet in the lounge. The television screen showing transit schedules is now in the stairwell (on the wall) at the landing. There's a vending machine down the stairs leading to the lower level of J-wing.

Remember Platform #5 is on West 5th for the southbound 35-College and 20-A-Line runs. There's a big berm or winding path to take on from the transit terminal. I've certainly had to sprint this week to catch a bus (because I forgot about where #5 was situated).

Thread Information