User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Steve33
  • 1 Post By beachdown

Thread: NEW NO FRILLS opening in MIDLAND

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hard to believe, but Midland is getting another grocery store! That makes 5 grocery stores.

The sign's up announcing the upcoming arrival of a new No Frills across from Walmart. This is really going to ramp up the competition in Midland. I've never really shopped much at any NO Frills, but I find most stores quality reflect the management.

For instance our SuperStore is awful whereas most superstores are great. I'm not fond of Walmart either, but I think it's because they operate on a shoe string.

What about you?
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Walmart

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree, Midland doesn't have a good grocery store. If this No Frills is anything like the Blake St. store in Barrie it will be a great asset to Midland.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    MortgageQueen likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@MortgageQueen ....do I sense a hint of snobiness or sarcasm there?

All I can say is it is good for the area, and you can't argue with more employment for folks that live in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    Hard to believe, but Midland is getting another grocery store! That makes 5 grocery stores.

The sign's up announcing the upcoming arrival of a new No Frills across from Walmart. This is really going to ramp up the competition in Midland. I've never really shopped much at any NO Frills, but I find most stores quality reflect the management.

For instance our SuperStore is awful whereas most superstores are great. I'm not fond of Walmart either, but I think it's because they operate on a shoe string.

What about you?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    @MortgageQueen....do I sense a hint of snobiness or sarcasm there?

All I can say is it is good for the area, and you can't argue with more employment for folks that live in that area.
    Nope. I'm the last person to be a snob. I will bargain shop to death.

I don't like Walmart because cust. service is awful. . .especially check-out lines. I don't blame employees. They just don't have enough staff. One good thing I can say is I've noticed they've hired a lot of 40 and over people this past year or so, and they have waaaay better attitudes than the young people did.

I don't like the Superstore because they're cheapskates, and they're almost always understocked.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@MortgageQueen ....thanks for your post, I was going to say The Walmart I go to has a lot of over 40s, and you are indeed right that the young ones over the summer were a bit of a tool at times. However, I like Walmart though as they are reliable for whatever you need and PM. It's usually my first point of call when in the US, to stock up for what I need for my stay.

Oh...pls don't "bargain shop to death"

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    Nope. I'm the last person to be a snob. I will bargain shop to death.

I don't like Walmart because cust. service is awful. . .especially check-out lines. I don't blame employees. They just don't have enough staff. One good thing I can say is I've noticed they've hired a lot of 40 and over people this past year or so, and they have waaaay better attitudes than the young people did.

I don't like the Superstore because they're cheapskates, and they're almost always understocked.
    MortgageQueen likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@MortgageQueen -What is your opinion on the No Frills now that it has opened?

I've been a few times. Of course it was clean and well stocked since it just opened. But it is small! Happy to have it though! (even if just for the flyer to price match)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    @MortgageQueen-What is your opinion on the No Frills now that it has opened?

I've been a few times. Of course it was clean and well stocked since it just opened. But it is small! Happy to have it though! (even if just for the flyer to price match)
    It's pretty good. They do 50% off on reduced items which gets them my loyalty. . .unlike cheapskates at SuperStore.
    They also price match, so I will try to support them as much as possible. They can be a little limited in selection, but otherwise I'd give them a thumbs up.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yes! I was surprised to see the 50% off on reduced items there!! I haven't tried PM'ing there but I thought No Frills changed the rules on that and only Pm'd items in their flyer? Maybe depends on the store?

Thread Information