User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Prepaid credit cards are a rip off! Monthly fees are ridiculous. I found out a few days ago that Citizen's Bank is offering Visa Gift Cards at the following locations (in Toronto):

Sobey's
    Max Convenience
    Metro (formerly Dominion)
    Pharmaplus pharmacies

I found gift MasterCards at an International Newspaper Stand at Cloverdale Mall as well.

These gift credit cards, much like the same in USA require very little monthly fees. In fact, Citizen's Bank Visa Gift Card don't charge monthly fees for the first 6 months (1.50$ per month after) and for gift MasterCard, it's 12 months!

This will surely make buying things online a lot easier. Especially for sites that do not accept PayPal.
    This thread is currently associated with: Metro, Pharmaplus, Rexall PharmaPlus

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I was looking at one (MasterCard GC) at Christmas gift for the BIL & SIL from SDM. There is/was a $4.99 activation fee that you had to pay to on top of the $25.00 or $50.00 demotiantion. I will stick to store/movie/cimplex/ and food chain GC that done charge any activation fee. Mastercard can keep all there products as far as I'm concern. And if Visa is asking the same activation fee they can keep them "gift cards" too.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Also for many sites that do not accept paypal, they do not accept GC creditcards either as they verify the address info and there is none on a giftcard visa or mastercard.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Thread Information