User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I just wanted to say that we need more posts about positive experiences at retailers. I get frustrated always hearing about bad experiences all the time when i am sure there have been just as many good ones out there. Now I have been a manager at Walmart for sometime (on mat leave at the moment). I am not discounting anyones complaints because i am sure they are valid but we need to stop the retail "bashing". Walmart is a huge company employing many many people, their prices are great and their workers are hard working and dedicated. I know you can encounter bad customer service anywhere but i think sometimes it gets over aggerated. A perfect example is; i had gotten a page to the front end one evening and when i got there the lady was very angry stating that she had been waiting over 20 mintues and then she started complaining about the lack of a certain product in the flyer. Now first problem i had; she did not wait 20 mintues it was 5 at the tops (enough time for me to get to the front of the store from the back) and then i tried explaining that special orders are limited and even pointed it out in the flyer where it said so. Anyways i have dealt with such rude horrible customers and yet always maintained my composer. I have kicked people out of my stores who have verbally abused my workers (which happens all the time). Customer serivce workers deserve props for what they do and what they have to endure.
    So next time you get angry at the cashier, think about it. would you like someone yelling at you at your job??of course not.
    So this thread is meant to give thanks to all the hard working retail workers out there, i am biased since i am a walmart manager and my hubby is a superstore manager. I think i might be somepeoples worst nightmare lol. thanks yall. Oh yeah if you dont agree with this thread that is totally fine but please refrain from posting disrespectful messages because i am really tired of all the retail bashing. Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Walmart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey, I totally agree. I'm tired of all the "OMG, the cashier just won't take my coupons, ring up my sales individually," posts.

I work with people every day and can honestly say by the end of my week, I hate people.

Next time before getting all in someones face try walking a mile in thier shoes, or even working a shift in their place.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thank you i totally thought i was going to get rude responses. I am glad at least one person agrees

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also agree....a kind word will work wonders when an angry one just gets what you breed....however, angry or not most people react or reflect whats given them....but NEVER should some one disrespect them for doing their job....and I honestly think that people should spend more time complimenting good service - I even had an occassion this week to compliment WalMart on the way they handled my complaint - they initally said no in the nicest possible way

MissBobloblaw RULES
    and so do my new GREEN shoes

Trading Score
    13 (93%)

Quote Originally Posted by amanda55 View Post
    I just wanted to say that we need more posts about positive experiences at retailers. I get frustrated always hearing about bad experiences all the time when i am sure there have been just as many good ones out there. Now I have been a manager at Walmart for sometime (on mat leave at the moment). I am not discounting anyones complaints because i am sure they are valid but we need to stop the retail "bashing". Walmart is a huge company employing many many people, their prices are great and their workers are hard working and dedicated. I know you can encounter bad customer service anywhere but i think sometimes it gets over aggerated. A perfect example is; i had gotten a page to the front end one evening and when i got there the lady was very angry stating that she had been waiting over 20 mintues and then she started complaining about the lack of a certain product in the flyer. Now first problem i had; she did not wait 20 mintues it was 5 at the tops (enough time for me to get to the front of the store from the back) and then i tried explaining that special orders are limited and even pointed it out in the flyer where it said so. Anyways i have dealt with such rude horrible customers and yet always maintained my composer. I have kicked people out of my stores who have verbally abused my workers (which happens all the time). Customer serivce workers deserve props for what they do and what they have to endure.
    So next time you get angry at the cashier, think about it. would you like someone yelling at you at your job??of course not.
    So this thread is meant to give thanks to all the hard working retail workers out there, i am biased since i am a walmart manager and my hubby is a superstore manager. I think i might be somepeoples worst nightmare lol. thanks yall. Oh yeah if you dont agree with this thread that is totally fine but please refrain from posting disrespectful messages because i am really tired of all the retail bashing. Thanks

LOL Amanda. It is pretty hard working with customers. I have been in customer service before. They should get rid of the motto thou
    "Customers are always right"
    Customers aren't always right, companies do have rules and policies.
    I think people would call it false advertisement.

I walked into a Mc Donalds once and they had a slogan that said
    "Smiles are free" and the girl behind the counter wasn't smiling so I
    "jokingly" said "Aren't smiles free?" lol

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I know i hate that saying too, in most cases i deal with ,the customers lack of knowledge on our policies make them wrong, but to try and word it in a non condecending way is the challenge. lol Customers are not always right especially if they are just trying to abuse a system and take advantage of us.
    Last edited by amanda55; Wed, Feb 11th, 2009 at 09:47 PM. Reason: :)

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

This happened two days ago when I was with my mom in RCSS, I saw that busy bone was on for 2.98, I had a 3$ off coupon so I was like yea score. When I got to the cashier the dog bone was rung up as $4. I mentioned to the cashier that the price was different in the stand. She had no problem having someone check it, and didn't hold up the line for the people behind us. I had a simular price difference problem with something at RCSS before where the cashier refused to check, but the woman was very nice and I made sure to thank her for her help.
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I agree with you about superstore but the WM that is closest to me that I sadly have to shop at is.... hell ( sorry for the bad word) The people at my WM don't care. One man that was working the cash was on his cell phone taking a personal call. and told me to wait until he was down. Went to the manager he laughed in my face and walked away! The lady in the shoe department... ha I asked her to see if they had a size 7 in the back room. She turned and started walking and told me to ( in a low voice, sorry i have to put this next part) "blow it out my a**". Can't tell me the people at my WM are hard working and care about there jobs. I have more to I could tell ,but theres not enough time for that! lol .... But i'm sure it's not like that at every WM's are like that. Superstore.... NEVER had any problems before! Rather shop there anyways it's a canadian store and I'm all for that!

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amanda55 View Post
    Customer serivce workers deserve props for what they do and what they have to endure.
    So this thread is meant to give thanks to all the hard working retail workers out there.
    So you want people talk about their good experience at Walmart that does not exist? How about you managers focussing on your employees training before putting them on floor? Trust me if you do that you will get lots of compliments, people are not stingy. Read other posts and you willl find its not always about being able to use a coupon. I have been truned down at shoppers and yet I think their customer service rocks.

It has to be THE Walmart where a cashier tells you on your face that they don't get paid for this (processing a legit coupon which they had no way of refusing, by the way how else do you expect a customer to use a coupon on their purchase if not giving it to a cashier?). And again it is again the Walmart where customer service tells customers that they can be reported to security for bringing stuff to price match from a cashier's register which was just to the left of thier location? I was wrong to not to report it to head office in timely manner but Walmart is the only place where I always have to get a hard time and I eventually ended up calling the head office once. And no, I am not complaining about lack of training cashiers properly or their rude attitude. I complained about a manager who was answering my what the customer service person was suggesting her, they don't train even a manager properly.....again ONLY at Walmart. Just so you know the head office did think I did not need to wait in another line to get thier number when manager was standing right there and watching me for my turn to get a corporate phone number. Needless to say I don't shop there unless I am desperate. Walmart sucks big time and its not just coupons.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I am really getting frustrated when i start a thread stating that it is for positve comments and users of this site cannot respect that. I know there have been bad expereinces at retailers but as a manager i cant help but think that they are extremely over exaggerated. I am here to defend the retailers who are not on this site to stand there ground therefore as a manager of one and my hubby the other i doing it for them. We need to stop blaming people for how we interpret things, try working in a store for some time see how you like dealing with rude customers. As for people stating about lack of training at walmart, that is a joke. there have extensive management training for 8 weeks, and as for associates there is none for a reason, they want u to learn on your own but there is always someone there to help. Cashiers get 3 shifts of training. I think again customers need to be more grateful and thankful. I get so tired of hearing people complain about line ups.. hey i have an idea.....how bout you call the store before you go, they can kick everyone out while you shop hence you would not have to wait in line at all. You cant be selfish and expect the store to cater around you individually there fore so what if you have to wait in line, cahsiers need breaks too they cant be open all the time. Any ways thats all.

PLEASE STICK TO MY THREAD TOPIC OR I WILL SHUT THIS THREAD DOWN. Thanks

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Thumbs up Amanda.
    People are free to complain all they want ... IN ANOTHER THREAD lol

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I haven't had enough bad *bad* experiences to write a negative thread. Most of my bad experiences come from the other side of the counter, when I worked retail and constantly got yelled at or berated for other people's mistakes (some dumb, some honest). I left the job four years ago, never went back to retail again, and to this day still have nightmares.

So yes, I always think of the CSR when I am the customer and remain calm, ask questions and if it cannot be resolved I escalate step by step until I get a solution or my answer.

Since you want a positive story: I can tell of one really good WM story, happened just before Christmas. I had a few high value coupons, the CSR called the manager over to help her validate them. I used my first 3/$10 Olay coupon, no problem (facial wipes and two bottles of lotion). I bought six cans of Simlilac with the $5 cheques, no problem (without being asked for ID, imagine!); and the clencher? They had an Oral B electric toothbrush on clearance for $12.xx, I had an Oral-B coupon for $10 - BUT it was not for that toothbrush. But she let me use it. And they were both pleasant and friendly throughout the whole transaction. I left very happy.

CPNnewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (83%)

I've had both good and bad experience with Wal-mart, more bad than good. They aren't friendly unless you know the person. You can't find anyone to help with finding product/ price check. I had to carry a macrowave to the price check thing and it was heacy for me. Wal-mart cashier is slow, but that is most likely due to lack of training. if they are not experienced cashier, don't put them on the quick checkout, please!

The quick lane is supposed to be quick and I end up staying there for over 20 min one time when it should be less than 10. One of the other cashier called for more cashier and they didn't come until 15-20 min later when I was already done my check out. This was also lunch rush and you would think a big company like this would know better about hiring more ppl for rush hours?

I worked in Retail before and for rush hours, lunch, after work and such, always had more cashier on hand, to ensure customer can get their stuff quickly. The store manager is the one who does the schedule for the next week or next 2 weeks, however your store system does the scheduling, so if the manager is so good at their job, shouldn't they know to schedule for more ppl? I find the only time I don't have problem at Wal-mart is when I shop at night, around midnight, when there's not much ppl shopping, then it's fine.

And I also shop at RCSS and during lunch, I never have to wait for more than 5 minutes and there's always someone there to help if I had a question about something. I'd shop more at RCSS if their prices were lower, most time I only go there if there's a sale, becuase other wise, it's still a bit higher priced than other places, like food basics/price chopper.

I love SDM cause their CS is one of the best. They are always willing to help and always friendly. The CS is so patient and will go around the store to help me find something every time. They'll stop what they are doing (mostly stocking) and help a customer first. Wal-mart cs, ignore you/ point to the area and leave.

and to that comment about how they have 3 training, maybe it's the way they are trained that needs to be changes, not the managers who train them. This is an issue with head office, not the managers who manage the stores as most training guide are in place for years. I'm not saying everything that's wrong is the manager and/or even the cashier's fault. I agree that customers can be rediculesly demanding and unresonable sometimes, but a good CS is able to cool the customer down, not make them more aggitated.
    Last edited by yumemiruserenity; Thu, Feb 12th, 2009 at 10:35 AM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

wow ...
    lmao ...
    Amanda is not going to be happy with you

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    wow ...
    lmao ...
    Amanda is not going to be happy with you
    Well, the forum is open to public. People share here realities which help others on this forum. If Amanda does not like the fact that Walmart sucks, she should not visit this forum as it is all over here. She better start her own website and I am sure nobody is gonna visit that. Creating a post and asking people to post their non-existing good experience represents only few percent and is misleading.
    Sorry, Amanda but you should not try using a public forum for misleading people.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information