User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Looking for NICE Bed in a Bag(s)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Oxford Mills Outlet stores have bed in a bag sets. They tend towards dark patterns or florals but some pastels or stripes exist-just have to have time to walk through the entire store to make sure you see everything in stock. Display sets on upper wall of Hamilton store gave a good impression.
    The Hamilton tent sale on Sept. 29 takes place during Ottawa Street's annual street/shopping festival event.
    http://www.oxfordmillsoutlet.com/oxfordmills_specials.html
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I wanted to make a new thread and low and behold I already asked for this many moons ago!

Maybe new ideas will come up?

I`m looking at Bed bath and beyond, starting to clear out, trying to find the full works though - the blankets, sheets, pillows, shams, everything
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Home Outfitters-Martha Stewart has bed in a bag, two or three patterns. I'd snag something at 50% off because the bag runs $250-$300+ at regular prices. There have been at least two Home Outfitters flyers this month running at 40 or 50% off on the sets. BTW, Martha's 300 thread count sheets are smooth and ideal for hot humid nights (my Home Sense set at 180 thread count felt rougher to endure on a hot night in comparison).

Mom liked the Jessica Simpson Ayila Medallion comforter set (comforter, sheets & pillow-no shams as far as I know) at Home Outfitters. The comforter looks like dark blue denim with lighter blue motifs on it.

The Bay tends not to have as good a deal on bedding sets. I've only seen 40% off Martha sets (quilt ones) and sometimes's Martha's Whim children's/novelty prints are 50%. If you feel rich, look at the Bluebell Gray sets-duvet, pillows etc. Once I saw 25% off sale for that line.

If you have Cash Air Miles, you can buy e-gift cards on Air Miles (Hudson Bay ones in $10 or $20 or $50 denominations) and use the gift cards in-store at The Bay, Home Outfitters or Thebay.com (but you cannot use more than two e-gift cards for an online order-not sure why).

HomeSense-I personally find most of their sets too dark or bland looking. There is an light orange/paisley?vine? Kensie bed in a bag type set. Also, depending on the store, you tend to see one bed size predominating the bedding offerings i.e. Queen size and hardly anything for smaller or larger beds.

I would not bother with Winners-very few sets in stores from my recent trips to the two shops in my area plus one in Hamilton.

I'm going to be keeping sharp eyes on Home Sense for the Portuguese flannel sheets in October. They sold out fast last year and I only saw one double set in the three stores I visited-of course it was in the Burlington store, not a local one.

Sears-I have noticed the dominance of slate/gray/ombre/brown toned or off white solid tone on tone sets. AKA hotel sheet sets. Most of the better patterned bags are not carried in all sizes or are in the catalogue. See what you can find in your local store but Sears is not what it was over 10 years ago. I seriously miss the floral patterned Ibex flannelette sheet sets that Sears sold. I have part of one sheet left that still is holding together that I refuse to part with.

I still have not ventured into the local Bed Bath and Beyond. From their flyers, the store seems to have decent solid sheet sets but I've no idea on bed in a bags. And I don't like anything that Bouclair seems to show in their flyers. Walmart-no!
    Last edited by Ciel; Sun, Aug 21st, 2016 at 02:49 PM.
    seylz_gurl and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

you are the best, Ciel!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Our last set came from Sears, before that from The Shopping Channel - of all places, I know, it was on clearance end of summer but it's beautiful - big poppy print.

Hard to lead you somewhere, because taste/colour/style is so subjective.

I just found this site, maybe they have a store where you are

http://www.simons.ca/simons/search/s...t=bed+in+a+bag

Sears has some on sale right now

http://www.sears.ca/SearchDisplay?ca...m=bed+in+a+bag
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Woo, @Natalka , that's a good idea to suggest Simons! They lean towards duvets and such but the store carries some great colour and print items. I'd go on a spree there anyday I have the $$$! They have a points card program too-worth checking it out.
    Candini likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I love Simons, I just took a peek it has been ages, now I want to order the duvet with the birch trees on it for my son's room....
    Ciel and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Linen Chest has buy one, get the second one 1/2 price - some nice bedding there

http://www.linenchest.com/en/
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I didn`t realize Simons sold household items. Cool, will check it out

Went to BB&B today, most 5+ piece sets were over $150 (on sale), not sure exactly what I want to spend on one yet. All I know is it's easier when everything comes in the bag rather than picking and choosing matching sheets/pillows etc
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I remember seeing too duvet covers at Urban outfitters but hearing the quality is absolutely horrible for what you pay
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What about Winners or Home Sense? Those are always my go-to location when I'm looking for anything. I usually get lucky but if I don't then I just try a different location.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

If anyone needs TWIN, this is a crazy good price - today only

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...ag=smartc05-20
    Ciel and seylz_gurl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^ditto, watch amazon.ca they have amazing deals on beautiful bed-in-a-bag sets. just have to time it right when one of their deals are on...watch shipping costs though.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Linen Chest has buy one, get the second one 1/2 price - some nice bedding there

http://www.linenchest.com/en/
    The Smart Canucks blog mentioned some kind of flash sale or shipping offer for today at the Linen Chest.

The Bay has Distinctly Home line of sheets and such for 30% off until tomorrow. Martha's line and WHIM line are 40% off too.

Sears has the Base Whole Home bed in a bag on sale too (ends today). Don't know the fibre content but the twin was at about 50% at $67 or so for bed in a bag. Here's the item from the current flyer:
    Base WholeHome™ Madison Park Serenity 8-pc. Double Bed-in-a-Bag Set
    $64.99¢
    reg. $129.99
    Valid August 25, 2016 - August 31, 2016
    Yet I cannot find that item on the Sears website. http://www.sears.ca/SearchDisplay?se...rice:&pageSize:&

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My community paper and flyer bundle did not come with any Bay or Home Outfitter flyers. Guess I'll look online for them or have to trek to the mall to find what's on sale.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information