• 1 Post By Freestuffrighthere
  • 1 Post By Midnightly
  • 1 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By barbis9

Thread: Question

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just have a question about living in a condo and receiving large parcels. What happens if you live in a condo and you received a large parcel, does Canada post just leave it outside the mailbox area or they will give you a slip and tell you to pick it up from the postal office? I am asking because I usually see those mailboxes by the entrance are so small, and I am planning on moving into one soon. Hope some of you who live in condos can share your experience.
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post
    barbis9 likes this.
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

anything that doesn't fit into the little box will get sent to a postal outlet for pick up.. i've had to go to the depot to pick up chapmans envelopes because they couldn't be bent to fit into the box the sample source box BARELY fits into my postal box and it can't be taken out without slightly damaging the box
    barbis9 likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I have never lived in a condo, but know some who do and unless there is a special large parcel compartment fixture ( a separate stand of boxes in the lobby ) the carrier will leave a notice to pick the parcel up at the closest SDM Postal outlet to where the condo is, OR the actual PO depot.

The parcel compartment fixture is quite handy, you get a key on a chain placed into your condo mail box and then just unlock the door of the parcel compartment to retrieve your parcel, lock it back up and place the key into a drop slot so the carrier has it available to use for another condo owners parcel.

Some older condo's that do not have these parcel compartment fixtures do accept parcels for their owners BUT the CP policy is carriers are really not supposed to leave them. It does go on though.
    barbis9 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You can also request that the sender indicates to not "safe drop" the item. That way you get a signature and it is not just left anywhere. There is no charge to ask for this feature from Canada Post but it has to be requested at time of shipment.
    walkonby likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you all for sharing your experience. It is good to know.
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

Thread Information