User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: Spoiled meat!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

WOW !! I wonder why grocery stores .. just don't toss these meats out if their outdated..
    what's purpose of buying spoil meat .. those businesses just don't care about their customers by selling this to them . I would never buy anything that is getting near expired date .. rather do without if that's what I had buy .,
    getting sick over it .. not worth it
    samm07 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope your feeling a lot better john .. take good care yourself

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Chinese food will getcha every time!
    I hear alot about Chinese restaurants.. so many people end up getting sick .. I try keep away from those restaurants that people complain about getting sick at

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I don't think I've ever purchased clearance meat and with a young family, don't think I could afford anyone getting sick! Time off work has to be saved for those unexpected sick days and doctor visits!
    @samm07 : Here's the video in case you wanted to see the entire thing.
    Newfiescreech and samm07 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nearly gave my kid some bad pepperoni today. i still feed embarassed. but it is right there in the title "no frills" lol eat that food on the way home in the car, because the clock is ticking.

we had a nice run in the summer of spoiled milk a day after buying it. we were reimbursed, but that is still nasty.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought 3 packages of peameal bacon from Metro that were two weeks passed the expiration date. I didn't notice until I got home that someone left the old stickers on the inside of the packages and put a new one on the front. When I brought them back, the meat manager would not even come to the service desk to see me. He just told the clerk to give me my money back. I emailed head office and they said they would get back to me. All they said was, they spoke with the meat manager about the situation. Disgusting!!!! I had to make two trips to the store, my family's health was put to risk and all they said was ooops? Be very careful about purchasing meat at Metro.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I'll be honest- if and when I buy clearance meat, I will always poke a hole through the plastic to give it a sniff test before leaving the store.
    If it's "off", I'll return it right away. If not, it gets repackaged and frozen ASAP or cooked the day of.
    Newfiescreech and samm07 like this.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yuck!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last week RCSS had blue menu boneless skinless chicken on sale for 3.77lb. The good til date was out til Nov 8 but there were some packs where the meat was already grayish. Was a little nervous but I bought 3 club packs...brought them home instantly opened sniffed rinsed and repackaged them into foodsaver vacuum bags

That will last DH and I about 4 months. Redeemed $30 in pc points so got $50 of meat for around $20. Can't complain.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I buy a lot of clearance meat and have never had an issue, knock on wood, but I have definitely seen some meat on the discount pile that looks like it would make you sick. We just stick to the stuff that looks and smells good. I've seen a lot of green/grey looking steaks and pork chops especially.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by RMurp007 View Post
    I bought 3 packages of peameal bacon from Metro that were two weeks passed the expiration date. I didn't notice until I got home that someone left the old stickers on the inside of the packages and put a new one on the front. When I brought them back, the meat manager would not even come to the service desk to see me. He just told the clerk to give me my money back. I emailed head office and they said they would get back to me. All they said was, they spoke with the meat manager about the situation. Disgusting!!!! I had to make two trips to the store, my family's health was put to risk and all they said was ooops? Be very careful about purchasing meat at Metro.
    "Disgusting!!!!" is right. It is such a hassel to have to return to the store like this, and have to wait to explain what happened....This was terrible treatment of you, the customer. I will make sure that I avoid Metro in the future. Completely and utterly unacceptable behavior on the part of Metro's management. Sorry you had to go through that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information