User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Foreign object in my med-LD

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Ok I found another lid/foreign object in my over-the-counter med, made by London Drugs after peeling the safety seal. I could not get the med out so I peeled the safety seal to see why meds were not coming out, as I bought it last month. I was shocked so I contacted London Drugs but they stated to just come back and they will 'gladly exchange it'. Not only do they sounded like they don't care but they became extremely defensive about how that 'has never happened'. My dad suspects that they might be thinking I put it in and thats why they are ignoring. But the lid is way too huge for the opening to be inserted inside. I know its a lot of work to hassle around $10 item but what you think I should do?

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I don't know what to do.
    I had this with cream once. I found a white plastic thing in it from a pen. They told me it was impossible and that it couldn't happen. Basically accused me of lying. I wasn't impressed. Sounds like London drugs is responding the same way to you.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

They would always deny it first. My roommate have had a worm in her Hershey's bar back in 2001. It was double upset because she only buys chocolate to cheer herself up when she's down. When she called the hotline, they said it was impossible. Maybe we store it improperly. Then my roommate started to cry, telling her she had a bad day/year and was tying to cheer herself up with the chocolate... The woman over the phone felt so bad and beginning to believe her. She mailed us 6 free coupons. (My roommate really deserved thousands, it was a disgusting dried up worm in the chocolate.)

With social media these days, I find that they respond better if you complain on Twitter with a picture. I would love to be civil, but the the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Since you've already called in, given them a chance, it's fair game. You should publicize it now.

Twitter takes like 2 minutes. Let those people come to you instead of wasting your time arguing.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

agree...post a complaint on twitter or facebook with a pic.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Take pics of all, document any interaction. Take it back for refund or exchange, but def go to the higher levels to report it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In cases of things like a safety seal that can't be un-done once it's broken... yet you suspect something abnormal, I would make an effort to record the event... Easy enough to do with a smart phone. From showing the problem, to then breaking the seal ON CAMERA, and showing was was found inside. Then there's no refuting what and how it was discovered. There's no rejecting your claim that it was like that when you found it versus them saying you must have tampered with it.

AND THEN post THAT on social media.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Thanks everyone...just posted on Social Media yesterday. It was this thing

Name:  20161115_212434.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  380.4 KB
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

1. If it was their own store brand like Shoppers has LIFE brand, then LD should be held responsible.

2. If it was a brand name like Jamieson etc , I think the Manufacturer should do something about it.

3. Did you contact their Head Office ? The stores normally don't care and just give you that we will only exchange it line. The HO might give you a GC or something. If you were actually physically harmed by consumption, maybe you can even sue them or atleast threaten too.

4. Document everything, time of calls, emails , photos etc so you have written records.

5. Social Media and negative publicity is sometimes the only thing they care about.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Ohk sorry forgot to mention that yes it was London Drug brand

I don't know how to contact Head Office
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There is protocol for all stores to follow if something like this happens.

Yes, you go back into the store with the product and show them. Yes, you either can get your money back or exchange out for a new bottle.

However, if one believes the stores just toss said product, no. They must document things and contact the manufacturer (and even though it is London Drugs brand, I doubt they have their own manufacturing plant to make these things....some manufacturer out there is making the product for them) to report.

However, given that there have been cases of people faking things in products, one can't fault any store for people a little suspicious.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Yes finally, I will be going to LD to talk to pharmacy manager.

Ya I told them that cap is waaaaaaay bigger than the opening and it looks like sealed to me. Its impossible to be inserted from outside. Believe me there are tons of analysis they can do to figure out how it got in there but of course blaming the consumer is easy way out.

I understand that there may be some people 'faking' but it does not mean they should shove off legitimate complaints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Online contact form: https://www.londondrugs.com/on/deman...vice-ContactUs

The LD Guarantee but it seems to be related to online orders(there is a returns guide with notice some restrictions apply): https://www.londondrugs.com/OurGuarantee.html
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Update: I went in today and got it exchange. The pharmacy stated that I should get $10 in GC but eventually got $25. I was also told to 'not put complaint on Twitter' and just reach them. Well I did so I told him of whatever happened. May be I over-reacted???

Or may be not! #TooSensitive
    barbis9 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Not to diminish your concerns but it's clearly a lid that just didn't make it to the top of the bottle. There is no way you could have consumed that lid. I would have just taken the lid out, made sure there were no plastic pieces in the bottle and continued on with my day.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Long story short; too many people send BS complaints to companies for them to take everything seriously.

Key example. I used a bath bomb from Lush. I was tossing it in my hands as it dissolved and got poked with a sharp piece of plastic that was encased by the soap. I contacted their head office , I was reimbursed what was paid for the product and nothing more. It was product error on their end because they said it looked like a piece of plastic off of their molds used to make it.

My problem? People kick up the biggest stink over something that would probably not harm them and try to run the company dry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information