User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Social Assistance & various Child benefits & low income credits - Question ?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    I wasn't 100% sure about that, I was using the Child & Family Benefit Calculator on CRA, it showed "Expected Working Income" inclusions as Social Assistance Payments. But I could be wrong, I haven't done much in the way of taxes, only a few personal returns and nothing actually with the WITB. Sorry
    Don't apologize, it is excellent to look and learn. I have done a lot of taxes for low income people so I know which ones don't work together. Anything that is a tax credit, you have to have taxable income, and social assistance is not taxable.

Thanks for looking into this
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

In addition to what Wandress433 indicated for health support, your friend could also see if a hospice or other community organization might offer free grief programs for children to help her children deal with their father's death.
    Public libraries sometimes have speakers from the community that address grief and resources. Funeral homes sometimes have Memorial days to allow people to remember their deceased loved ones in a service. That may help too.
    Lavender Lady likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I don't think she will or can apply any time soon.

She has some savings, so first those need to be exhausted and your money, savings, liquid investments , bank balance etc have to be $ 5,000 or less before you can even apply .
    Ciel likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information