User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Foreign object in my med-LD

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tend to agree with that sentiment. If I take notice of something, I point it out to someone responsible... but I dont go bananas about it.

I was at Subway once, and piece of the mesh trays that they bake the bread in came off into my loaf. I tore that section out and showed it to them, suggesting they check the bread trays.
    They went crazy apologizing and offering me free this and that. I told them it wasnt necessary. I didnt put it in my mouth, so I didnt choke on it or swallow it. I noticed it in time.

In those types of events, if I was harmed in any way, got sick, or some such, then perhaps... but honest mistakes and accidents DO happen. What I hope is that they take action to correct the mistake and to prevent it from recurring.

However, when I see the same thing happen again and again, then I might get testy about it because it's apparent they did nothing to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Long story short; too many people send BS complaints to companies for them to take everything seriously.

Key example. I used a bath bomb from Lush. I was tossing it in my hands as it dissolved and got poked with a sharp piece of plastic that was encased by the soap. I contacted their head office , I was reimbursed what was paid for the product and nothing more. It was product error on their end because they said it looked like a piece of plastic off of their molds used to make it.

My problem? People kick up the biggest stink over something that would probably not harm them and try to run the company dry.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

^^^^Except that they did not take attention to my case when I reach out to them until I posted on Twitter, as suggested by SC members. In fact, they acted as defensive and accused me so thats that. They told me that it must have been my lid. I think I already posted that. I highly doubt that they would have even let me exchange the item, 'gladly'. I don't LIKE when people blame me for things I don't do. Would have 'continued on my day' IF I was not called out and IF it was not med. I mean you do realize that this could BE a safety concern with something being inhaled??? I am sure people would have diff opinion if it was child med but "adults can fk themselves"... I gave them chance, they did not believe me, I put it on Twitter, they get pissed off. Not my problem!

Well the case is now close so ya...we can let it go now.
    Last edited by Arvilish; Wed, Nov 23rd, 2016 at 07:42 PM.
    Tweets77, barbis9 and francine1985 like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Think you missed the point.

I didn`t call you out specifically. My issue is that when REAL issues come up, the company gets defensive because of the amount of complaints that they most likely come across. How many of them are legitimate? Companies receive emails, letters, calls, all the time. Yeah it sucks they aren`t compassionate. Now you know why.
    Arvilish likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

A few years ago I found a metal bearing in my Lean Cuisine frozen dinner and I almost cracked my tooth on it. When I contacted Stouffers they didn't believe me and were very defensive on the phone accusing me of putting the metal bearing in my fork. Why would I do that and almost crack a molar??? They asked to send the piece of metal back - which I did and then denied that it came from their manufacturing plant but gave me a free product replacement coupon. My friend who is a machinist said it definitely came from them and was surprised about them denying it. To this day I am hesitant to eat a Lean Cuisine frozen dinners because of this experience.

What stood out the most from my experience was how defensive Stouffers' customer service person was. Had they responded in a more positive manner than I would have been happier than being accused of putting a tiny metal bearing in my fork. It's all about how you respond to customers which I believe what Arvilish is saying.
    Last edited by barbis9; Wed, Nov 23rd, 2016 at 09:36 PM.
    Tweets77, super807 and Arvilish like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Think you missed the point.

I didn`t call you out specifically. My issue is that when REAL issues come up, the company gets defensive because of the amount of complaints that they most likely come across. How many of them are legitimate? Companies receive emails, letters, calls, all the time. Yeah it sucks they aren`t compassionate. Now you know why.
    LOL Sorry my post was not referring to you! I was talking about why I did not continue on my day *FP*
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If it's something foreign object in something I haven't use or opened the company shouldn't get so goddamn defensive about if I posted on social media let them lose face and lose massive customers in one unlikes and the customer IS ALWAYS RIGHT in the End! I don't like it when I complained to a lower level staff and go higher up if it's defective and in the case of hummuses that was recalled it might be too late if somebody consumed unknown to them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information