User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dzjhow
  • 2 Post By FallenPixels

Thread: Customer Service at No Frills/Maple Lodge Farms

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I bought 3packs of chicken wieners at No Frills last November 6 for family barbeque the next day. None of the wieners taste fresh, it tasted like an old stuff. I decided to return it to no frills, but they refuse to take it because all of them were cooked. I was told to contact the supplier.

I emailed the supplier, Maple Lodge Farms twice. According to them they don't receive my first email. I just remembered to email them back this morning when I was looking for the flyers. I finally got an answer from them, according to them, they didn't receive my first email. I was told that they don't do any means to refund. I was also told that they will call No Frills to accomodate my returns. It feels that Im a ping pong ball that they keep on passing back to each others customers service. I told the CS of Maple Lodge not to bother, as I will not be wasting my time to go back to no frills, just for that. Its not worth of my time anyways.
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I am surprised they wouldn't offer at least coupons. It's a small price to pay to keep a customer, even if No Frills sold them past the fresh date.
    Since No Frills can't resell returned meat, not sure how cooking it makes a difference to the either.
    dzjhow and Arvilish like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This was the CSM's first email. I was trying to screenshot the actual email, but its not letting me post it here. Its talking about JPEG issue.

Good Morning Jo Anne,

I just went back into our system and your first email went into Maple Lodge Farms Junk Email.

Sorry to hear about your recent experience. If you could please give me some information about the store where you purchased the chicken wieners. When I google the name it comes up as a No Frill Store. Is this the same one?

Please forward pictures of the 3 packs of chicken wieners with the b/b date and I will contact the store to give your money back. We do not send out money checks to replace so this will need to be done at the store level. Can you also tell me who you spoke with at the store.

Thanks for your assistance.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

And here is the 2nd email:

Hi Jo Anne,
    Thank you for your response and for forwarding the pictures. I will still call the store just to find out about the return policy so that I am clear.

Again, all I can do is apologize that we did not receive your original email. We do go through once to twice a week to check and try and make sure we pull any of the customers emails that go into our junk files. We missed yours.

I am curious as to why the packages that you are purchasing are losing their freshness. We produce a large quantity of chicken wieners which are shipped across Canada and we have not received a similar complaint.

I will call the store and get back to you on their return policy.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

How awesome is their customer service?

After a few minutes, their CSM was trying to recall our conversation.

This will serve as a warning to everyone about my terrible experience with Maple Lodge Farms.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Return policy for No Frills:

Name:  nofrillsreturnpolicy.JPG
Views: 457
Size:  81.0 KB

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just like other loblaws i.e. Wholesale Club, RCSS.

I forgot to mention that I was trying to return it 2 days after I purchased.
    Last edited by dzjhow; Thu, Dec 8th, 2016 at 03:13 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Maple Lodge emailed me last Friday, this issue finally sinked. They are offering 2 product vouchers.

Thread Information