• 1 Post By pocketchange
  • 1 Post By FallenPixels
  • 1 Post By dillylady
  • 1 Post By kmontgom

Thread: Sears.ca Rant

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My wife ordered 2 jackets from Sears. They took out the money from my bank almost right away then it was put back in an hour later. Then they took out enough for 1 jacket. My wife received confirmation they were sending 1 jacket (WTF??). She called and they said there was an order for only 1 jacket. She placed the order for the 2nd jacket while she was on the phone. The next day the money was taken from my account then put back in an hour later. We called back and they said there was no record of the order. She then re-ordered again and was told the jacket would arrive on Tuesday (yesterday). The money was never taken from the account and -- big surpise -- the jacket never arrived. She called again last night and cancelled the order. She was told she will receive confirmation - never got it. We then had to drive to the local Sears to return the jacket we received (was too big). She took the jacket, handed me a piece of paper and said we will get our refund in 4 to 6 weeks. What the hell? I want my money now. We checked the Sears website and it says items can be returned to the store. I called their support line and the phone monkey who answered said that is their policy. I demanded to speak to a manager. The manager said she had never heard of a store doing this and will have their accounts department look into returning my money today (not holding my breath on this). Do not buy from Sears online
    This thread is currently associated with: Sears
    Ciel, GoJays, ishyx0x and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Typical Sears.ca! So sorry you got this runaround, Kmontgom...whoever heard of a refund taking up to 6 weeks? What a nightmare. It's Christmas, and most likely you need your money now. Sheeeeeeeeeesh..........

I haven't shopped at Tears.ca for years now. They don't seem to know how to offer customer service and their website is not user-friendly, IMHO. Besides, their prices are high. I am not going to pay to have an item shipped to their store, I mean, what are they thinking?

Good luck....hope you get your money back quickly.
    kmontgom, Ciel and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I always pay by credit card when I am ordering anything online and have never had any problems with Sears.ca It sounds like one of the items was out of stock - I had the exact thing happen to me with Home Hardware - my credit card was charged and than credited back.

Did you go to the catalog dept for your return? They usually issue a credit within 3 days. Sorry to hear that you had a problem.
    Ciel likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes it was the catalog department, the girl even looked the coat over to confirm there were no problems.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I gave up on Sears long ago. I just get more and more disappointed with then as time goes on. This year's Wishbook left me wishful for catalogs of years past and the new layout in their Burlington location is absolute rubbish. I predict that they will be the next to close up shop. Hopefully you get this figured out.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I had an issue with them online was well in the summer. Took over a month to resolve/dispute.

I was compensated a hefty $25 gift card!! Which got traded on here. I wouldn`t order online from them again.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Every time I hear a Sears story, be it in-store or online... it gets worse and worse.

They're like the Donald Trump of Canadian retail... seems everything they do makes them destined to fail, yet they somehow seem to succeed.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In the summer I purchased a dishwasher from Sears online and picked it up in-store. No problems although I was never asked if I wanted a warranty. About a week later, I get a call asking if I wanted to purchase a warranty. I'm sorry, you sound like you're in a call centre in India... no, thank you. I wish I had thought to ask when I paid. So now I've got my fingers crossed that the dishwasher lasts a reasonable amount of time.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Kmontgom You should ask for an extra credit from Sears for the hassle. Sheesh!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sears.ca is a mess right now. I would warn anyone & everyone to stay away from them. I placed an order near the end of November and got a shipping notice and tracking number from UPS a few days later. It's been almost 3 weeks and according to the tracking # it still only has a shipping label created. My credit card was charged they day it was "shipped" I called customer service (waited on hold 22 minutes) and was told it was out of stock, probably on back order, never really shipped. Someone was supposed to call back in 24-48 hours. I never heard from anyone. I tried calling again, but gave up after waiting on hold for 35 minutes. I emailed their customer service over a week ago, and have heard nothing. Looking at their facebook page, this has happened to MANY people. Sears facebook people tell everyone to email [email protected]. I have emailed demanding refund, but so far have only got confirmation they got my email and a "case manager will look into it". It's no wonder Sears is struggling so badly.
    juliemadden likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Last time I ordered from them was a nightmare too. It took them weeks to mail the item then it came broken. Tried to return it to store where they wanted to charge a restocking fee after originally saying they couldn't take it because it was past the return period, a day after I received it.
    Ciel likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

dillylady
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have always shopped at Sears, and have never had any issues returning online orders...until now! They implemented a new website and online ordering system mid November. I ordered and then had to return a few items that were not suitable on November 24th and I am still waiting for a refund! I have called multiple times and been given many different answers but basically they are now saying after you return the item to the store, the store has to ship the item back to the warehouse which takes 2-4 weeks (??) and after they inspect the item they will process a refund! Absolutely ridiculous! I will never shop online at Sears again!
    Ciel likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got my money back the next day (good), then the canceled order arrived at our house 2 days ago. The only good thing about this is that they did not take out any money for the canceled order. Sears is a mess. I am not sure what to do with the jacket they just sent to us?
    Ciel likes this.

Thread Information