• 10 Post By MrsSaver
  • 3 Post By paylessgetmore
  • 3 Post By tjthemanto
  • 5 Post By Tweets77
  • 5 Post By bhlombardy
  • 3 Post By Poirot
  • 4 Post By walkonby
  • 2 Post By HappyCouponSaver78

Thread: Rexall wanting to put sale price back to regular price!!

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

This weekend I stopped by Rexall as I was looking for an advent calendar. I found one but then I noticed a whole bunch of bagged candy and other chocolate like Hershey drops, Maynard Mixes, York peppermint patties, etc on sale for 3.99 but they also had a 3.00 "save" sticker. I picked up about 5 bags-I thought 99cents for 200grams was a good deal. Then I noticed a 4 pack of Oh Henry chocolate bars on sale for 3.99 with a 4.00 Save coupon on itSweet!!! Well......not so sweet because when I checked out the cashier changed the price of the chocolate bars back up to 5.79 even though it rang up at 3.99. I asked her why she was changing the price and her response was that she couldn't give it to me for free as per headquarters instructions. If it was a penny that was fine but for free-no way. I just shook my head and politely told her to take it off the bill as I had more than enough chocolate but REALLY Rexall..........a little bait and switch don't you think!.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaplus, Rexall PharmaPlus
    Last edited by MrsSaver; Mon, Dec 5th, 2016 at 09:48 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I have come across similar situations before but at SDM. They either changed from sale price to regular price when combining with manager stickers or they don't allow you to use coupons with clearance items. Come on you will get $ back from manufacturers whatsoever.. Besides, it's store responsibility to verify all sale price tags and store discount stickers not consumers. Consumers should only pay whatever the price tag says, like SCOP.

I wonder if major stores are allowed to do so? I think it's just not fair to consumers.
    Ciel, Decaf and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

She was OK if it was a penny, but not Free.Then why not just raise it by 2 cents and sell it for $ 4.01, why raise it to the original price of $ 5.79 and then the $ 4 coupon ?What BS !
    Ciel, seylz_gurl and Linda Evans like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I would be letting head office know about that and question what is the correct policy regarding it.
    Ciel, walkonby, Decaf and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It sounds similar to what a local Burger King does...

This one in particular still participates in the daily King-Deals... which puts a different sandwich on for $1.89 each day of the week.
    Tuesday is the chicken sandwich... so two should come to less than $4 before tax (actually $3.78+tax). However there's been a long-standing national promotion "2 chicken sandwiches for $5..." ($6 here in Atlantic Canada).

So if you order 2 chicken sandwiches on Tuesday, it'll cost you $6 instead of $3.78. And when you dispute it, they argue that offer "cannot be combined with any other discount" -- yea, I dont want to COMBINE it... I just want the best price coming to me.

So I learned to just order 1, pay for it, and then order 1 more.
    Ciel, Poirot, Decaf and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You could contact your Provincial Consumer Affairs Office.I think what they are doing is illegal.
    Last edited by Poirot; Mon, Dec 5th, 2016 at 09:07 PM.
    Ciel, Decaf and Arvilish like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

that sure sounds underhanded to me.
    Ciel, Decaf, MrsSaver and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sounds shady
    Decaf and Arvilish like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've experienced this at a SDM once, coupon was $1 and item was .99 and cashier said it wasn't allowed but changing a price due to a manager's sticker doesn't seem right.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    I've experienced this at a SDM once, coupon was $1 and item was .99 and cashier said it wasn't allowed but changing a price due to a manager's sticker doesn't seem right.
    The cashier can change the coupon to $0.99 then you get the item for free.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    The cashier can change the coupon to $0.99 then you get the item for free.
    Hold up... they aren't supposed to do that. They can change the price of the product to match the coupon at your approval, (or not accept the coupon at all) but changing the value of a coupon could be considered a step to defrauding the manufacturer. Remember: The retailer gets paid the value of the coupon from the manufacturer once they submit it back to the clearing house. If they redeemed the coupon for less than its intended value, and then received its full value back, that could be considered fraud.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Hold up... they aren't supposed to do that. They can change the price of the product to match the coupon at your approval, (or not accept the coupon at all) but changing the value of a coupon could be considered a step to defrauding the manufacturer. Remember: The retailer gets paid the value of the coupon from the manufacturer once they submit it back to the clearing house. If they redeemed the coupon for less than its intended value, and then received its full value back, that could be considered fraud.
    I was referring to manager's special coupons at SDM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    I was referring to manager's special coupons at SDM.
    Ah, gotcha.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pretty sure that when they adjust the coupon to the selling price where their policy is (or where the coupon specifically states, such is the case with all P&G coupons) no overage is allowed, they indicate that on the coupon itself what amount the coupon was redeemed for (and is also done so that the cash office can match up the coupon correctly with the transaction it was applied to), so when that coupon hits the clearinghouse, the clearinghouse should be paying the retailer what the coupon was redeemed for, not the coupon value (if they go ahead and do the coupon value, that is on them, not the retailer).

Thread Information