User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree159Likes

Thread: General social media rant thread (Facebook,Twitter...)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    My rant today with social media-stores that promote events then don't post at least one photo of featured guest at the store for the event on the same social media accounts used to advertise the events. Maybe it's connected to the short promotion period given in advance of the event.
    Without knowing the specific situation you are commenting on... Quite often if it's a "featured guest" (ie: some sort of celebrity, even if a minor one) that guest may have restrictions and how/where their likeness can be used in promotional material. It might be a violation to use that person's image without their consent in that manner. Even if it's not, the store might just be playing it safe in that regard so they dont get sued.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@bhlombardy -think you are correct about restrictions on image/use. Guest has the content on their social media accounts.
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @bhlombardy -think you are correct about restrictions on image/use. Guest has the content on their social media accounts.
    Yes, often the store has to pay additional costs plus get photos approved by the guest which takes time where the guest either checks selfies when posting or relies on 'their people' to post appropriate pics

Ages ago, I requested permission to post a pic of a well known politician with some coworkers. They sent me a different pic from the same event where the politician was more posed and less of my co-workers in the pic saying I could use that instead
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

People are not objecting to the word pussy. It's not a lewd or naughty word. Nor is Christian Grey running for US President.

The two people in 50 shades of UN-imaginative are in a consensual relationship.

Comparing a self-confessed serial molester to a fictional character is absurd.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    People are not objecting to the word pussy. It's not a lewd or naughty word. Nor is Christian Grey running for US President.

The two people in 50 shades of UN-imaginative are in a consensual relationship.

Comparing a self-confessed serial molester to a fictional character is absurd.
    I'm not sure where this came from... ?? wrong thread perhaps?
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

nope...there's a stack of memes out on there

Name:  dumb_50_shades_of_grey_meme_galore_mag.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  265.1 KB
    Newfiescreech and dyalect like this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Another meme..this one is animated ..

Boy and father sitting at supper table, mother puts burnt pie(nothing else) in front of father. father eats pie without complaining but asks how the wife's day went..

Boy later asks dad why he ate the pie. dad explains mum had had a hard day at work so the least he could do was eat the burnt offering.

No....he could have...you know cooked or got a take out.or taken her out for dinner...

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

My hyper-Christian friend has taken to posting on every-one's status today how good God is, but only to her since He's found her keys, got her a good parking spot, made sure her neighbour hadn't left for work early so her car could get a boost, made sure her DH was paid on time...

I know she's upset several people who have lost family members or had major health crises this year. I laughed it off cos she's a nice person but a bit more sensitivity wouldn't go amiss...
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

People who don't stop whining about how bad their life is. How their husband got them a not-so-thoughtful gift. That he should have known better. That life sucks, everyone hates them. That they're broke. But I see they still have internet so they can't be THAT broke.
    Tweets77, Ciel and seylz_gurl like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nicolthepickle View Post
    But I see they still have internet so they can't be THAT broke.
    ahh... but the CRTC has just identified broadband internet as an essential service.
    Tweets77, Ciel and nicolthepickle like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    ahh... but the CRTC has just identified broadband internet as an essential service.
    Uhu,
    just like cable and a cell phone, two cars, chocolate, McDonalds.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Uhu,
    Except it really is becoming essential. Web-streaming is rapidly decreasing cable TV's client base, and the internet is arguably the best way to get up-to-date news reporting (not going to comment about fake news, etc.) Isn't quick access to information and news fairly essential?

Landlines are going the way of the dodo in favour of cell phones, and - you guessed it - internet-based calling. VOIP, Skype - these internet-based communications are becoming commonplace. I would argue communication is pretty darn essential to society.

How about people who telecommute? Internet is the way they get to work. I would argue that a car is pretty essential to most people that don't work in their homes (especially in those locations - which are a lot - that don't have great transit, or have to commute for their jobs. For a lot of families, 2 cars is essential - else one person isn't working, or having to sacrifice their career to work at the fast food joint down the road just because it's walking distance - but I digress.)

I get why people scoff at the internet as being deemed 'essential', but we are as a society far beyond the point where basic things like "water, bread, air" are the be-all end-all of essentials. Maybe for basic life necessities, but is that really what we're talking about? Yes, indoor plumbing, electricity, food availability, general personal safety, fair legal system -these are things that we generally take for granted as part of living in society, that are not really "necessary" for basic subsistence living ("luxuries" of civilized society), I think most people living in developed countries would also consider these things "essential" to the well-being, function, and advancement of society- which is why we are so affronted when access to one of these things is denied (long-term - I love backwoods camping as much as the next person, but I like a good shower and flushing toilet at the end of the week too).

Compare access to universal information, communication with the world, ability to drive the economy, and technological advancement of humankind to McDonalds if you must. But I think you're missing the bigger - and long-term - picture.
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Uhu,
    Well, I'll take my internet, and my chocolate... the rest I could probably survive otherwise.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

There is a difference between essentials like food and essentials like net though. Personally, I couldn't live without internet but I don't need to make that choice and my other half would probably quite happily have it turned off if it wasn't for me. But if it came down to money and a choice between food and internet... not so essential
    Ciel and nicolthepickle like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Apparently Patrick Stewart is looking for love in my small Quebec town....according to the dating ads I've seen recently..
    Ciel likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information