User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: PCPLUS Rant. GRRHH!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I know it isn't applicable in your case, but on the app if you click on an offer to read the details, on some of offers there is now listed the maximum number of points that will be awarded. So before anyone goes crazy and buys 50 or 100 of something because of a points deal, check the details!!
    Ciel, seylz_gurl, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow, I'm very surprised at your problems with PC pts. I have only had good experiences with them.
    Their mistakes are usually in my favour (like the 2500 pts for the frozen organic blueberry offer that also worked for their PC non-organic frozen fruit).
    The dozen or so times that I've done a points inquiry for missing points, they have always been awarded to me within minutes. I actually think that point inquiries are approved automatically below a certain amount of points because it takes so little time for the points to be awarded I can't believe a human actually read my long winded explanation.
    Good luck getting your points.
    Ciel and seylz_gurl like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprint.

Merry Christmas to you too.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@couponmummy I can tell you that the program has an issue with PC Plus points for its own brand of sparkling drinks in 2L bottles (the ones I have purchased when I have a personal 200pts offer) because the item will not cause my points total to go up accordingly. It seems the store nor PC Plus did not figure out the glitch and I gave up buying that item whenever the offer came around a third or subsequent time. I had to use the online form to ask for the points to be added.
    I have another concern with the online form-it is not possible to ask for a reduction of points when they were incorrectly added to my receipt. No negative value for points can be entered.
    However you had the points offer and were not accorded points. Valid complaint. Have you moved to posting on Facebook or Twitter regarding the matter?
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Dec 24th, 2016 at 06:51 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

No, haven't gone through Facebook or any other social media.

The previous week, I had an offer of 100 points per $1 on PC chocolates. I bought 2 bags of chocolate covered almonds, $7.98 per bag. I did not get my points and I did not call. I got a SCOP on makeup so that offsets the missings points. It was also no tax day. I do my shop based on what points I'm offered and if it's on sale in the flyer. I know, bad habit. With this new restrictions, this makes it easier to shop elsewhere.

I had to fight to get my SCOP. Four different cashiers had to do a price check. Then I said that it was free according to the Scanning Code of Practice. Stands there without a clue what that means. So the supervisor was called. Cashier told her that I said that it was supposed to be free. Supervisor told me that I had to pay the price indicated. Meanwhile time is ticking, line is growing longer, my stuff is melting. So I said in a very loud voice so everyone can hear and pointed to the big poster stuck right on the wall right where the cash was, "Did you read that? What does it say?". Supervisor goes away, and then comes back and says to give it to me for free. In a management position, in Quebec where SCOP is the law, and you don't know it even with a giant poster staring at you in the face? If she had refused me, I would tell her to her face that I will be reporting her and Maxi to the Quebec Consumer Protection Bureau for not complying with the law. Your company will pay 1000 times more in fines that what it costs for my free makeup! I will even leak this to our free local community newspaper.
    Last edited by couponmummy; Sat, Dec 24th, 2016 at 08:32 PM.
    Poirot, GatineauGirl and Arvilish like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

DH says they do this on purpose. Track what you buy and then give you the same offer week after week. If you are missing points, it forces you to make a call. If you don't call, then you are buying at regular/sale price with no incentive.

With no incentive, I have no reason to shop there. Besides, there are no more Loblaws.
    Last edited by couponmummy; Sat, Dec 24th, 2016 at 07:02 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Another stupid thing is, why ask me how many bags I have, give me 2 cents per bag and then take it back? Don't ask me next time.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    Another stupid thing is, why ask me how many bags I have, give me 2 cents per bag and then take it back? Don't ask me next time.
    Ok, that one I asked about, because twice, I have been charged for my own bags and they forgot to give me the refund. Cost me 12 cents the first time, 14 cents the second time. Now I watch check my reciept carefully. Suppose to get points for using your own bags-- I have only recieved points twice in the last two years.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

How do you get 71,000 in one transaction? I can barely get 200.
    Ciel likes this.

Harley
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I am also curious how you can get 71,000 points, the equivalent of $71.00 in one shop. Working as a cashier I have never seen that many points given out at one shop.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I had 2 offers for fresh beef.
    100 points per $1, and 200 points per $1, total of 300 points per $1.
    I bought $337.30 of fresh filet mignon. I should get 101,100 points, but only got 29,700 points, so missing 71,400 points.
    Now with the new rules, I will be buying my beef elsewhere but only a few at a time.
    Last edited by couponmummy; Thu, Dec 29th, 2016 at 06:25 PM.
    Ciel, Poirot and Arvilish like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    code 53398 puts on $0.02
    code 53399 takes off $0.02

but
    this allows for your PC points to be added to your account, for using reusable bags, when you pay with PC debit or PC credit
    Ciel and seylz_gurl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I always find their offers confusing.

There are regular PC points, plus PC Plus points, plus you have to load the offer, then if you have a PC Mastercard you can link the PC Plus card or App to it.

You have to tap the PC Mastercard twice, once for the points and once for the payment. You have to remind the cashier that or the cashier has to ask that. Plus the same PC MC is for redeeming the points to.

Too much confusion with this PC Plus, especially if you have a PC Mastercard attached to the PC Plus card. Some new cashiers don't know if you are redeeming for points on your PC MC, or getting regular PC points, PC Plus points or whatever.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    code 53398 puts on $0.02
    code 53399 takes off $0.02

but
    this allows for your PC points to be added to your account, for using reusable bags, when you pay with PC debit or PC credit
    This makes no sense. I don't get any points for using reusable bags anyways. Put points on, take points off. In the end, it's still zero. Easier to say no bags, then I wouldn't see extra clutter on my receipt.
    Ciel likes this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Have an issue that I'm trying to sort out with PC Plus... FOR THE PAST TWO MONTHS!
    Was at Zehrs and cashier forgot to scan my card, was told to call in for the points to get added (21,000), so I called and was told 5-7 business days... 3 weeks later I called again (about 2 weeks ago) and was told it would be put on high priority and to give it another 5-7 days. Gonna call again in the next little while, but probably after Christmas and demand not only the 21,000, but at least another 10,000 or so for their piss poor customer service
    Well, all of the pains of waiting are finally over...

I called PC Plus again for the third time to get my issue sorted and had the points issued to me instantly (little confused as to why the other two CSR's I called couldn't do that, but whatever), didn't even bother to demand more points, just happy that I finally got the 21,000 that I should've gotten...

Now, I'm at almost 30,000 along with my other card at 20,000, that'll mean another $50 put aside for my groceries while at school!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information