User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Do you take HSR? Schedule Changes & Bus Tracker

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

On Twitter, I'm seeing a post that indicates the HSR paper transfers are supposedly still good in January. Rather late in year to convey that message. https://twitter.com/hsr/status/814820695909744641

@HSR is the official HSR Twitter handle as of two days prior to Christmas.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

HSR Winter Schedule changes take effect on January 1. If you are downtown, see if you can get the revised schedules.
    http://www.hamilton.ca/node/22181

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Couple of changes to McMaster Go bus service as of tomorrow: http://www.gotransit.com/Public/en/u...lechanges.aspx

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    On Twitter, I'm seeing a post that indicates the HSR paper transfers are supposedly still good in January. Rather late in year to convey that message. https://twitter.com/hsr/status/814820695909744641

@HSR is the official HSR Twitter handle as of two days prior to Christmas.

Interesting as the Burl Transit driver mentioned to the person behind me getting on the bus just the other day that he should get a presto as he had a paper transfer (turned out it was a BT transfer anyway lol)
    Ciel likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

What frustrates me is that Burlington Transit for some months in 2016 was getting the word out that HSR paper transfers were history as of today, thus my comments about needing two fares to get into Burlington. But to wait until Dec. 30 to share, hey everyone, you can still have integrated fares and use transfers between HSR and BT was not a good idea.

BT was making the PRESTO card exciting for December in that anyone loading a Dec BT monthly pass onto a new card was not getting charged the $6 Presto card fee. HSR only does that for seniors at certain times of the year.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

HSR have done that for adults before too, when they launched topups at Fortinos they were free for months there too
    Ciel likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I have a feeling that they back tracked on it because topping up is still a hassle. I topped up online on the 27th (Tue) morning so even next business day should have been on my card by Thursday. I used my card yesterday and it still isn't showing so I will have to call them.
    Until they make topups a lot more easy and accessible, people will not switch - especially in Hamilton where you can buy tickets at almost every corner store, SDM, Rexall, grocery stores etc
    Ciel likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

TTC on Twitter has been announcing that just about every subway station has at least one Presto Card reader. I'd think two per station would be be best-what if one reader does not work? More token fare sales as a result.
    Even so, Metrolinx has been reminding commuters to always carry cash or tickets/tokens if card readers are not available/don't work.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I have a feeling that they back tracked on it because topping up is still a hassle. I topped up online on the 27th (Tue) morning so even next business day should have been on my card by Thursday. I used my card yesterday and it still isn't showing so I will have to call them.
    Until they make topups a lot more easy and accessible, people will not switch - especially in Hamilton where you can buy tickets at almost every corner store, SDM, Rexall, grocery stores etc
    Mom likes the bus ticket option-just that sometimes it's easier for her to buy them if she is at the mall or downtown rather than in town because the three places in Ancaster that sell them are not places she'd bus to just to buy fares.

I usually go to the library and the municipal centre is in the same building so I can pop in can buy tickets. Fortinos is actually closer to me but I don't have an income that supports Presto card use as yet. I should get a card for 2017 to try it for a few trips. Not looking forward to the 24h wait to use top up funds.
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Jan 2nd, 2017 at 09:33 AM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

If you top up in person, it is immediately available on the card, only online credit card top ups take time.
    If Fortinos is close, you can add $10 at a time to your card so cheaper than a strip of bus tickets although only 4 rides with change
    Ciel likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Hamilton Transit twitter person posted that Oakville Transit will be hiking its cash fare to $3.75 as of Feb.1, 2017.

http://oakvilletransit.com/tnr-16dec15.html

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Metrolinx will have public LRT sessions this month in Hamilton:
    The meetings are open house style and there will not be a formal presentation. The same material will be displayed at all meetings. Date: Monday, January 16, 2017
    Time: 4 to 8 pm
    1429 Main Street E., Hamilton

Date: Tuesday, January 17, 2017
    Location: David Braley Health Sciences Centre, 2nd Floor Auditorium
    100 Main Street W., Hamilton

Date: Wednesday, January 18, 2017
    175 Longwood Road S., Hamilton

Community Update Meeting

The City of Hamilton and Metrolinx invite you to attend a community update meeting that will include a formal presentation focusing on project updates and will provide an opportunity to ask questions. Join us for one of the meetings below. Each meeting will begin with a presentation at 7pm, followed by a question and answer period.
    Date: Wednesday, January 11, 2017
    Time: 7 to 9 pm
    780 Upper Wentworth St., Hamilton

Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2017
    60 Main St., Dundas

Date: Thursday, January 26, 2017
    Location: Cardinal Newman Catholic Secondary School, Lecture Hall

127 Gray Rd. Stoney Creek
    https://www.hamilton.ca/city-initiat...engagement-lrt

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Transit things I've noticed online or in the papers:

Resident wants to know why the GO Pearson route 40 bus is not being advertised-Letter to the Editor in this week's Hamilton Spectator (I'm hitting the paywall after about 5 looks at different letter files).

TTC wants to know about the Presto card report because some readers are not working and causing fare losses:
    https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...o-readers.html

Burlington Transit will have some service adjustments beginning on March 5:
    The following is a summary of the transit schedule adjustments that will begin March 5, 2017:

• Route 1: weekend timing adjustments to improve schedule accuracy
    • Routes 2, 3, 10 and 20: weekend timing adjustments and an added morning trip to the Route 3 Saturday schedule
    • Route 25: weekend schedule adjustments in addition to a routing change which will travel in and out of the Burlington GO station using Queensway – Guelph Line – Prospect
    • Late night service Routes 50, 51, 52: last trip time adjustments Monday through Saturday

• Route 80: weekday schedule adjustments

• Routes 300, 301, 302: service will now run from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Burlington Transit offers a monthly Post-Secondary Student pass on the Presto Card for $25/m:
    http://www.burlingtontransit.ca/en/f...sit-Fares.aspx
    I can see this item being great for the McMaster University students who reside in Burlington and it complements their student union HSR student bus program too. While the Burlington campus of McMaster does have a shuttle bus between it and the main Hamilton campus, having access to BT service is handy.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Metrolinx will have 10 Shoppers stores in Toronto begin to sell Presto cards (hope store staff get adequate training esp. if they are not commuters themselves). https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...are-cards.html

I'd like to see Shoppers in Hamilton at certain intersections where 2 or more HSR bus routes run also sell the cards. It's not convenient to access Hamilton GO station outside of weekday business hours and if one does not live near a Fortino's store that sells the Presto cards, well that is another selling pinch point obstacle.

Just a note for GO bus commuters that may buy fares through McMaster Student Union's Compass ticket office-their hours of operation can vary during exam periods, as happened in April. Just an FYI alert. Sent a tweet asking about their summer hours mentioned on Facebook but not listed nor showing under hours of operation on their website.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Metrolinx has given police some trip data related to Presto cards without requiring a warrant first.
    Metrolinx doesn’t notify customers that a law enforcement agency has asked for their private data before granting a request because, Aikins said, “it is important we do not interfere in police investigations.” Sometimes customers are notified after the fact, particularly in missing persons cases.Presto customers are not required to share their personal information with Metrolinx to use the card. However, in order to register their card, they must provide personal information that could include their name, address, phone number, email and payment information.
    Once the card is registered, every time a customer taps on a streetcar or bus or at a subway station, the time and location is recorded and linked to their personal information.
    Registration isn’t obligatory, but without it customers can’t get receipts, obtain usage reports for tax credit purposes, set up automatic card reloads or recover funds from a lost card.
    https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...th-police.html

I am aware that generally speaking, all kinds of loyalty program cards can track users. Thus some consumers opt out of such programs or are very selective as to which programs to subscribe to.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information