User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Any tips to become organized and be motivated to do some cleaning ....

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @sweetsparrow-you might get requests to teach dance steps!
    Ciel, was that a tweet? At me?

Well, if you heard the music, you might not think it's a dance-step kind of beat (crazy East coast Canuckers ). Although, if I strap those Swiffer type pads to my feet, things might get a whole lot more fun really fast... Speed cleaning!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    It's not about working harder--it's about working more efficiently!
    "Work smarter, not harder" I heard that a very long time ago, never forgot it

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just thought id bump this older thread.

i got a burst of energy last nite at 10pm...& i have some serious decluttering to do!
    i organized all my craft stuff to one drawer. all Camera/accessories/sd cards/usbs...etc to another drawer. filled 2 small bags to donate.
    i was given a bag of body shop products as well as getting some for xmas , so im set for a few years! ;-)

i dont know why i get energy spurts so late at nite, but i thought id better take advantage...music motivates me too but i didnt want to wake hubby.....lol

anyone else decluttering?
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes I am decluttering too. I have a spare bedroom and office to declutter....no more excuses.

If music motivates you - put on some headphones.....that is my secret for watching live sports at local arenas.
    Ciel and Linda Evans like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm on board too! I started when packing up the Christmas tree/wrap. I had 3 bins full of junk. I tossed the crap and managed to pack all the tree decorations/lights and skirt in one bin! Then I sorted the wrap/bags and tissue. I will appreciate it when I pull it out in the Fall .

I think my plan is to empty the area I am cleaning into a Rubbermaid bin. Clean the area and then put back only what I really want to keep. Then toss the garbage, donate or sell the leftovers.
    Every night I am going to try and do one shelf/area/closet etc.
    Ciel and Linda Evans like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have some clippings from magazines and newspapers to corral into the blue box or into pageholders. So easy to keep pages then weeks go by. Might be feeling a tad secure with hard copies of information but until I own a library room, my quest for printed information has to move more to saved links on browsers or files on USBs. But sometimes having hard copies are super handy for reference. Got to work on the psychology behind my clippings.

Have been keeping tabs on coupons and old receipts-I am trying to check every two weeks to see what needs to stay and what goes into the paper shredder (receipts). It helps to know I'm tracking my shopping in Excel and noticing how long I can count on detergent, paper products, soap etc to last before I have to find sale prices for restocking items. Physically moving receipts into the designated envelope after posting is habit forming, as is taking things out of pockets, bags or purses when I get home. If I delay in removing things, time certainly passes until I remember what I forgot to do.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

A Cityline viewer won the chance to have her closet organized by Denise Wild! Have a look and feel inspired in your own organizing efforts: http://www.cityline.ca/video/how-to-...p-it-that-way/

I used to have a castor drawer unit but the baskets were open, not covered like the unit in the video. Let's say dusting was an issue. I like the purses on display in the closet near the end of the video.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday's Spectator had an article about a library branch showing how to use the MagnusCard app to do tasks. The app helps anyone needing step-by-step guidance if s/he has special needs. Never heard of it before.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/71...special-needs/

App link: http://magnusmode.com/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi, take a picture of your room. Look how cluttered it is. Do part by part cleaning, then you will not feel it as a troublesome job.
    Ciel likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information