User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Yes Crap happens but why does it always happen to me???

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

So I normally don't vent online simply because I try not to have negative thoughts and I fully believe in the idea of "why me?" vs "why not me?".

That being said I honestly think I and my family have had the motherload of dung poured into our lives from mental illness, poverty, diagnosed disabilities, family violence, etc...

Yesterday takes the cake though.

Started the day before that but didn't know it was going to factor into the event until yesterday early afternoon.

Knock at the door. Man was asking if my daughter(used her full name)was home. I said yes. He asked if she was sleeping and I said yes but only because I know she doesn't like dealing with stuff if I can handle it myself. He has in his hand a paper wallet with a credit card showing. The same company my dd20 deals with. Says he found this and wanted to know if it was hers. I asked to see it. He hands it over and as my head looks down and sees a totally different name i start getting confused. Next thing I know he rushes at me, shoves a baby blanket into my mouth, and pushes me into my foyer. I can't scream because of the blanket but all the banging around and things falling over alert my daughter who starts screaming. Guy drops the credit card and blanket and runs off. She is crying and freaking out obviously but she goes into total meltdown because the day before that she had called me from work asking if i had lost my laundry card because a man had come into her work saying his sister lived in our building and found the card. He asked our apartment number and a couple other questions including my age. She thought he was just being helpful so didn't occur to her anything was out of the ordinary. Same guy turns out. Police were here a couple hrs taking pictures, evidence, and statements.

Today the landlord found him on security however he keeps his head down so no clear photo.
    This thread is currently associated with: Cake Beauty
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, geez, how scary - but thank goodness the two of you are okay.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Can or will the landlord pass around the image capture anyway to all tenants to alert them to the man and his scam? Certainly a safety issue and a chance to find out if anyone might recognize him from any earlier attempts to trick someone else?
    For daughter's workplace and maybe her peers-she can alert them to the scammer and the ruse, so as to convey to be very certain before disclosing personal information to strangers.

How awful someone that assaulted you and psychologically invaded your space/safety and that of daughter's. Glad you reported the incident. Did the police indicate if they have similar incidents reported in your community? Do not know if this is a casing setup for future stealing or someone who has issues with women. Either way, he's not going to be forgotten.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Gee these psychopathic dudes!

Hope you are doing well! *virtual hugs*
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Oh my I am so sorry to hear this happened to you. I am so happy it didn't end up escalating to something more serious, but you must be so shaken up. Way too many creepers in this world.

New trade list
    Trading Score
    237 (100%)

That is horrible. I am so sorry that you and your daughter had to go through something like that. I am glad you guys are okay and nothing more serious had happened. What is this world coming to.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry to hear this. I am glad you and your daughter are ok. Could have been so much worse. Your story however is a heads up to the rest of us so I want you to know that I appreciate you sharing.Sending you my best wishes!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's so scary.Could you get a peep hole in your door installed.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

You are smart to call police! I had this weirdo psycho indian dude came to my work placed and violently pushed me over because I refused to be his gf like wth???. All I did was complaint to his boss. I wish I had called police but then I was no that smart I guess.

Not sure wtf do these people smoke!

Edit: yaay thats good to hear he got owned!!!
    Last edited by Arvilish; Wed, Jan 18th, 2017 at 11:44 AM.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My Dw always has a bat close at hand when she is alone. This guy sounds like he has done this before many times. Good to hear you and your daughter are OK. Mace is a great weapon too!
    Vote for Dave, Dave is the rave. He is a boy honest and fine Davey can turn all your water to wine, got that certain something every one should have gettin round to diggin yourself.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

He's been arrested and goes before a judge this afternoon. Apparently, he was a busy boy this week as he will be having multiple charges beyond ours brought against him today.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So glad they caught him!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Wow that is really great news.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

momof3...so glad they caught the loser. that must have been so traumatic.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Thank goodness!! That whole ordeal must have impacted your dreams I am sure. But now you can breathe a little easier knowing he was nabbed.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information