• 3 Post By hogama
  • 3 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 2 Post By Ciel

Thread: Job opportunity: Looking for an Executive director for a Daycare

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

Hi all!!
    I have no idea where to post this... and I'm kind of thinking outside the box here. If you, or someone you know, have some Daycare experience and you have an Early Childhood Education (ECE) Degree or Diploma... then I may have an opportunity for you!!
    I am currently on the Board of Directors for our local Daycare/After School Program, and our current Executive Director (ED) has resigned. We are currently looking to fill her position. We are also offering up to $2000. relocation allowance (with receipts) for someone to move to our beautiful area of rural Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.
    Some other info on the job and some contacts:

The Whycocomagh Child Development Centre is seeking an experienced Early Childhood Educator with supervisory experience to be our next Executive Director. We are looking for a leader who will be able to continue the growth of our wonderful centre in rural Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. A successful applicant will be caring, knowledgeable about and devoted to children and their development. This person will also have the skills to manage a small staff and to handle administrative duties. We are able to offer benefits including paid vacation time and a relocation allocation.
    Job type: Full-time
    Experience: min 6 years as an Early Childhood Educator or equivalent
    Education: min level 2 Early Childhood Education Diploma
    Salary: negotiable, depending on education and experience
    Application deadline: 13 March 2017
    Contact the WCDC Board of Directors by either
    1. fax: (902) 756-2267
    2. mail: PO Box 329, Whycocomagh, NS, B0E 3M0
    3. in person at: 50 Norman McLeod Road, Whycocomagh, NS
    4. email: [email protected]

Thank you!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

great offer
    Suggestion: if you want someone from the Greater Toronto Area, they may be willing to relocate. If you connect with the post secondary schools, their careers center or their early childhood education department, they would be willing to spread the word for you. Some with experience, keep in touch with their schools or belong to their alumni association.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and hogama like this.

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

Thanks Shwa Girl! We have already contacted all the post secondary education schools in Atlantic Canada.... maybe we need to branch out further. Thank you for your suggestion!
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hogama View Post
    Thanks Shwa Girl! We have already contacted all the post secondary education schools in Atlantic Canada.... maybe we need to branch out further. Thank you for your suggestion!
    Yes. Please branch out further
    People are willing to relocate, especially for such a great opportunity. They can always fly home to visit friends or family. Or friends or family would love to spend time with them in your neck of the wood, I bet! Did you spice up your advertisement with this kind of messaging? It may attract candidates who may be on the fence about whether they would go for it or not…

I have been working with students who have contacted me a few years after, telling me they are on their way to Australia. The left Ontario for BC. They left BC for Australia. Just an encouragement…
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and hogama like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Will send you a PM of some possible job posting sites that may be considered!
    Newfiescreech and hogama like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information