User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: More bad news for Air Miles!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

From Ciel: Noticed Air Miles sent an e-mail apologizing about last year with promises to improve call centre phone pickup times and to provide more value in rewards. I repeat, what is the going share price (common, preferred, whatever) for Loyalty One stock?

Is this the sort of info you are looking for, Ciel? https://marketexclusive.com/alliance...vents-2/78623/
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post

Noticed Air Miles sent an e-mail apologizing about last year with promises to improve call centre phone pickup times and to provide more value in rewards. I repeat, what is the going share price (common, preferred, whatever) for Loyalty One stock?
    Loyalty One doesn't seem to be listed on the stock exchange, on Google Finance it just shows as private.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    What is 2017? -- national "mess up people's accounts" year? I've had to straighten out AM, a credit card that switched policies abruptly and without notice, and I'm working up to emailing Amazon. ARRGH. But I'd better stop complaining or else move this post over to the rant section. Congrats on all the extra AM points< Silk, I guess. You earned them by putting up with so much annoyance from the "series of mistakes."
    I hear you, Wendymac I'm in the same situation re: screwed up accounts. Just fyi, I have always found Amazon great when it comes to customer service and everyone I know who has contacted them with a problem says the same. Not perfect, but still pretty great. I always call because I want to resolve the problem right away. Good luck!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

<snippped>

But if anyone knows the going share price for preferred LoyaltyOne shares, do share! I do think all of us should have Cdn shares in TFSA or RRSP accounts to get some of the profits and help our own futures too.
    I think this may be the info you want, Ciel.

Alliance Data Systems Corporation

Exchange: New York Stock Exchange | Mar 8, 2017, 1:34 AM EST

ADS:US
    $ 245.05
    Change: -0.40 (-0.16%)

Day Low 243.54
    Day High 245.93

52 Week Low 185.02
    52 Week High 249.22

Source: http://web.tmxmoney.com/article.php?..._symbol=ADS:US

Btw, there's an article below the stock info that says they are now in business with Loblaws!

"Alliance Data's LoyaltyOne Business Announces Long-Term Consulting Agreement With Loblaw Companies Limited"
    Last edited by Silk; Wed, Mar 8th, 2017 at 02:02 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I also got that apology letter from AM.

Then I got a neat offer from Amex. Spend $50.00 ( after taxes, which is nice! ) at ant Pet Valu store and Amex will credit my account with $10.00

Update:

that was fast! Got my $10.00 credit to my Amex today! woo hoo!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I look at this a free program. I don't pay for it and if the offers line up great if not then I move on. I used to get lots of miles with my Amex but have had so little action on that card I think its time to cancel it. I never get the miles from my Sobeys offers I can't be bothered to call the call centre for 5 miles even with no hold time, so no way I would do it with an hour hold time. as a result I don't bother with Sobeys so all my miles come from Metro and LCBO. I am currently a gold collector but I suspect that will expire this month.
    barbis9, Ciel and dededi like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    From Ciel: Noticed Air Miles sent an e-mail apologizing about last year with promises to improve call centre phone pickup times and to provide more value in rewards. I repeat, what is the going share price (common, preferred, whatever) for Loyalty One stock?

Is this the sort of info you are looking for, Ciel? https://marketexclusive.com/alliance...vents-2/78623/
    We're getting warmer! Had not known Loyalty One is part of many card programs owned by Alliance Data.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I think this may be the info you want, Ciel.

Alliance Data Systems Corporation

Exchange: New York Stock Exchange | Mar 8, 2017, 1:34 AM EST

ADS:US
    $ 245.05
    Change: -0.40 (-0.16%)

Day Low 243.54
    Day High 245.93

52 Week Low 185.02
    52 Week High 249.22

Source: http://web.tmxmoney.com/article.php?..._symbol=ADS:US

Btw, there's an article below the stock info that says they are now in business with Loblaws!

"Alliance Data's LoyaltyOne Business Announces Long-Term Consulting Agreement With Loblaw Companies Limited"
    Hot dog! Only $245 US! But the consulting agreement-could it be related to PC Plus or just analyzing the store sales data? Good to know of their connection.
    Silk and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I look at this a free program. I don't pay for it and if the offers line up great if not then I move on. I used to get lots of miles with my Amex but have had so little action on that card I think its time to cancel it. I never get the miles from my Sobeys offers I can't be bothered to call the call centre for 5 miles even with no hold time, so no way I would do it with an hour hold time. as a result I don't bother with Sobeys so all my miles come from Metro and LCBO. I am currently a gold collector but I suspect that will expire this month.
    Not sure what perks you get as Gold collector in Cash miles but on the Dream side, fewer AMs are needed for experience tickets.

My 15 Dream Miles will expire in May-they were my signup incentive when I joined the program last year and I later figured out Cash rewards were my game.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Not sure what perks you get as Gold collector in Cash miles but on the Dream side, fewer AMs are needed for experience tickets.

My 15 Dream Miles will expire in May-they were my signup incentive when I joined the program last year and I later figured out Cash rewards were my game.
    I just looked at the perks and there is nothing really except my card is gold. I have 93 dream miles too and those will never get used.
    barbis9, Ciel and dededi like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Expire? I didn't think they were expiring miles anymore.
    barbis9 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Expire? I didn't think they were expiring miles anymore.
    While the air miles don't expire, your status changes from gold back to regular if you don't accumulate so many points in a specific time period.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Promised changes in effect April 3rd:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-...nges-1.4020739

"The program may also be facing problems with partnering retailers who pay Air Miles to provide rewards miles to customers."

I heard a rumor that Metro (I think?) may be getting out of Air Miles??

Last edited by barbis9; Mon, Mar 13th, 2017 at 10:25 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    While the air miles don't expire, your status changes from gold back to regular if you don't accumulate so many points in a specific time period.
    Ceil was saying that her 15 miles in Dream would expire, that's what i was confused about. I know status changes if you don't get enough miles annually. I have Onyx status, have to earn something like 6,000 Air Miles a year to keep it.
    barbis9 and DaveP like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Ceil was saying that her 15 miles in Dream would expire, that's what i was confused about. I know status changes if you don't get enough miles annually. I have Onyx status, have to earn something like 6,000 Air Miles a year to keep it.
    Wow I have never made it past blue card status. That's a lot of air miles!
    DaveP likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information