User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: More bad news for Air Miles!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Can you transfer your dream miles to another members or are they stuck in your account?
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Can you transfer your dream miles to another members or are they stuck in your account?
    They charge you 15 cents per mile transferred plus a $10 service fee plus tax. Ridiculous.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Wow I have never made it past blue card status. That's a lot of air miles!
    Yes, not possible to get that many with just one air mile for every $20. To go anywhere you really do need a credit card. We charge anything and everything on our Air Miles MasterCard and get 400 miles a month just from that. With the card we have we also get a 40% discount on flights. Last time we went to FL, our three tickets cost $400 in taxes instead of $2,000.
    Tweets77, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Expire? I didn't think they were expiring miles anymore.
    I have not added or used Dream Miles since I got the first 15. Inactivity for a year means those AM are gone-unless now they are stuck in perpetuity (or a really good turn of points offers makes me cross to the Dream side again).
    barbis9 and macw1960 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

While I like the AM promise to respond via social media 24/7, are those agents going to be Canadian or is an international call centre going to be on duty once local hours in Toronto are over for the day?

The Metro rumour surfaced late last year and not long afterwards a joint Metro/Air Miles e-mail came out about the program and Metro also did a solo e-mail saying the program is continuing at the store chain.
    barbis9 and macw1960 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Over the past 2-3 years Airmiles has become a shell of it's former self..

Safeway was the cornerstone of amassing points and the sale to Sobeys destroyed that.

BMO CC's used to allow 25% discount on all flights. that was changed to just North America.

Tickets redeemed on Airmiles for Air Canada flights used to be Economy Flex tickets which allowed free baggage and better seat selection, reduced 2 years ago to Cheap Tango class tickets.

Airmiles increased amount of miles required for flights 2 years ago with the explanation that fee's would be reduced. Savings seen is almost negligible.
    Ciel, macw1960 and Davetherave like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Just a heads up to keep an eye on your AM Cash accounts. I received this email today:

This note is to make you aware that through our regular fraud monitoring processes, we have identified irregular activity occurring within a small number of in-store AIR MILES Cash transactions, where Cash Miles have been stolen. The personal information of all Collectors remains protected and has not been compromised. We are working diligently to resolve the situation and have already contacted our retail Partners, the police and the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.

While this fraudulent activity impacts only Cash miles and not Dream miles, the security of Collector Miles is of utmost importance to us and therefore we are sending this update to all Collectors. In a desire to protect AIR MILES Cash Miles, we have temporarily removed the AIR MILES Cash option for in-store purchases. Collectors are still able to redeem Cash Miles for e-vouchers online at www.airmiles.ca. These reward options include brands such as Staples, Starbucks, Cineplex, the Bay, and more.

As we work through this issue, we ask that you continue to protect the security of your AIR MILES Account by maintaining the confidentiality of your Collector and PIN number.
    ROMEO, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Just a heads up to keep an eye on your AM Cash accounts. I received this email today:

This note is to make you aware that through our regular fraud monitoring processes, we have identified irregular activity occurring within a small number of in-store AIR MILES Cash transactions, where Cash Miles have been stolen. The personal information of all Collectors remains protected and has not been compromised. We are working diligently to resolve the situation and have already contacted our retail Partners, the police and the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.

While this fraudulent activity impacts only Cash miles and not Dream miles, the security of Collector Miles is of utmost importance to us and therefore we are sending this update to all Collectors. In a desire to protect AIR MILES Cash Miles, we have temporarily removed the AIR MILES Cash option for in-store purchases. Collectors are still able to redeem Cash Miles for e-vouchers online at www.airmiles.ca. These reward options include brands such as Staples, Starbucks, Cineplex, the Bay, and more.

As we work through this issue, we ask that you continue to protect the security of your AIR MILES Account by maintaining the confidentiality of your Collector and PIN number.
    This is terrible I use my cash miles at Sobeys.
    Silk, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I JUST got my letter!! I ONLY use my cash AM to get groceries from Metro ( or Sobeys on a rare occasion )
    This I hope will be temporary?? Good grief!
    ROMEO, Silk, Ciel and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Just got a new email from AM....they are reinstating the cash out option again starting on April 5th but with a new limit on how much you can redeem in any one day ( it is $50.00....or 475 AM )

paragraphs from the email:

Since temporarily suspending the in-store AIR MILES® Cash redemption option last week, we have been working diligently with many of our AIR MILES Cash Partners to reintroduce the feature.

We are now pleased to let you know that we will be reinstating the AIR MILES Cash option for in-store purchases starting Wednesday, April 5 at 5:00 a.m. EST.

The in-store Cash redemption policies have changed, specifically:

There is a new daily redemption limit of $50 (475 Cash Miles) on in-store AIR MILES Cash transactions across all Partners, per Collector Cash Account, per day.
    AIR MILES Cash Miles can no longer be used to redeem for gift cards, prepaid credit cards or other similar items.
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Apr 3rd, 2017 at 12:02 PM.
    Silk, Ciel, Poirot and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

^^^^^
    Sucks about GC's and daily spending limit.
    Silk and walkonby like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    ^^^^^
    Sucks about GC's and daily spending limit.
    GC was the ONLY thing I used my Air Miles on, same as with my PC Points. I'm "cutting my card", not using it to earn or redeem for Air Miles, only for Student discount days at Sobeys since you need that along with your Student Card to get the 10% off but I will specifically tell the cashier I don't want to use my card to earn. Only had the stupid thing about a year and hate it already!!
    macw1960, DaveP and walkonby like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Well, how dumb was I that I didn't even know I could use AM to buy GCs? I would have done that for sure. Only learned this when all the problems started and people were posting that's what they did with their AMs! Oh well...

But a bit of good news for me. I finally got the 1300 AMs that they owed me for doing a promotion. The second call to resolve it I was on hold for less than 10 min - as I posted, the first time I was on hold for 1hr10 min and had to hang up after that. But going over everything with the rep took more than 60 minutes! The rep said there were lots of problems with the promotion payout and it should be resolved by end of March. I was sure there were going to be more problems. So a pleasant surprise when I saw the missing points in there today. Yay!

I delayed a purchase until tomorrow when they're resuming the redeem option and will redeeming every chance I get until my cash miles are just about used up.
    walkonby likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The management and The Board at Air Miles still don't get it:
    DREAM MILES are STOLEN MILES.

BOTTOM LINE is the one thing, the only thing customers wanted, the release of the DREAM MILES for use as CASH MILES has been knowingly neglected and ignored.

Have a million Dream Miles? No you can't exchange them for a bus ticket to go downtown, no not to buy a cup of coffee at McDonalds.......but for that million Dream Miles + $160.00, you can snare a watch that sells for $9.99 at Walmart.

With smartphones, who even wears a watch any more?

It might be time for Air Miles management and Board to WATCH out for the police to arrive at their office with arrest warrants and handcuffs.
    DaveP likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information